75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️ | Page 5 | Vital Football

75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️

Those steps nearest the front lead to the stinky loo. If a remember rightly the wall was painted black with a simple drainage trough on the floor. :sick:

In the days that I remember, the bog was under the corrugated roof and access was from the bottom of the concrete ramp, next to the gate.

Never mind 75/76 my mate tells me that after 10 matches it's our best start to a league season since 1930/31 Division Three (North).

I'm sure Scotimp will update us if that's incorrect.

I won that photo thing where the ring a face in the crowd, in the Echo.
So did i James, v Chesterfield away.Like Gary i hadnt any friends supporting the Imps at my school in Brigg( all fishy and scummers) so i converted the 4tickets for a game into 4 tickets for 4 games!

This is all going rather well is it not?

Our 11th game back then was a 0-1 defeat away at Northampton, hope I’m not tempting fate here? ?

A34F0170-BE7D-4197-A926-8D8B79933698.jpeg

So after tomorrow nights match we will be 5 points in front of the 75/76 team then :grinning:.

I am ever the optimist under The Cowleys management!:wahey:

So after tomorrow nights match we will be 5 points in front of the 75/76 team then :grinning:.

I am ever the optimist under The Cowleys management!:wahey:

Although I like the post, I don't 3 points for granted. Let's start with a point then see.

Although I like the post, I don't 3 points for granted. Let's start with a point then see.

I know what you mean but to be honest I have spent 30+ years being realistic, pessimistic etc etc. I have decided that this season my optimism is going to abound. We have had 2 stellar seasons under The Cowleys and I have a sneaky feeling that this is going to be a record breaker. If we can't be optimistic this season then we never will. Of course the players and the manager must stay grounded and I am sure they will but hey I'm a supporter and by god I am going make the most of this time under their stewardship because when it is over we will probably drift back to where we have been most of my time supporting City. So I intend to embrace it to the max!!

Interestingly we didn't get promoted that season. We finished second in a time when only the champions were promoted.

This is true. Even with 3 places + playoffs plenty of teams have starts every bit as good as us and dont get promoted. Certainly not taking anything for granted - just enjoying the great start. Look at Notts last season - almost identical startIMG_0951.PNG

This is true. Even with 3 places + playoffs plenty of teams have starts every bit as good as us and dont get promoted. Certainly not taking anything for granted - just enjoying the great start. Look at Notts last season - almost identical startView attachment 29249

Yes but you are forgetting one thing County had Kevin Nolan in charge and we have The Cowleys who have a long record of success with different clubs even before they got to us and a not one or two season flash in the pans with one club.

Yes but you are forgetting one thing County had Kevin Nolan in charge and we have The Cowleys who have a long record of success with different clubs even before they got to us and a not one or two season flash in the pans with one club.

I can give you another example if you like :-)
IMG_0952.PNG

I can give you another example if you like :-)
View attachment 29250

I know the point you are making and I do get where you are coming from but let's look at the history. We have steadily got better under their stewardship and if you look at their record at Concord then obviously one season at Braintree they have improved on the season before in every season they have managed I think. That is truly remarkable!

Look nothing is a given in football and we may well lose tomorrow at Tranmere but honestly can you see us with the current team we have going backwards as much as County did? Personally I can't.