75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️ | Page 4 | Vital Football

75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️

Freight trains very often slowed down to a crawl so the drivers and guard got a good view, remember we scored once when a train was slowly going passed. Cannot remember the steam engines number though, sorry !! UTI.
Yes, to my young eyes it looked like the train was actually on top of the stand! Anyone remember the little tea hut at the back of the west bank ,about halfway line. You could queue for a cuppa and still get a prime view of the game!

Yes, to my young eyes it looked like the train was actually on top of the stand! Anyone remember the little tea hut at the back of the west bank ,about halfway line. You could queue for a cuppa and still get a prime view of the game!

Yes, we used to sit on the back barrier next to it, but this was more in the early 80's than Taylor's record breaker, which was my first full one, spent watching from the SE corner wall behind the corner flag.

Yes, we used to sit on the back barrier next to it, but this was more in the early 80's than Taylor's record breaker, which was my first full one, spent watching from the SE corner wall behind the corner flag.
We used to perch on that very same barrier late 80s early 90s!

Bump

Well the current side is keeping pace with the all conquerers .... 2pts clear in actual fact, same goal difference and way ahead attendance wise. Just need Big John to start converting Big Perc style.
CD37A4EF-5E3F-4733-894C-FB47C1598CB8.jpeg

Alongside a choice of Doreen Ashton's clingfilm covered baps...

Toilet facilities were a bit primitive on the west bank even in them days, in fact very similar to the toilets that York City still have today.
They were in the corner but I can't remember where the toilets were after that part of the West Bank was given over to away fans.

Sure there's a photo of the 75/76 team with all the directors etc on it with the railway terrace/clanford end behind them with a freight train going along the high line?

Sure there's a photo of the 75/76 team with all the directors etc on it with the railway terrace/clanford end behind them with a freight train going along the high line?

Couldn't find a team photo with a train making an appearance, but there is an April 1960 action picture v Charlton with said train passing. Must have brought good luck as we won 5-3 . ( in Lincoln City - The Official History, every Imp should have a copy ! )