7,918 Imps | Page 3 | Vital Football

7,918 Imps

Funny you should say that...our Norfolk friend abandoned ship when we were relegated and went to watch Man City instead. Hence the link I posted, about the notorious Emptihad.

Haha such bitterness .... I’m back now, and there’s diddly squat you can do about it pal ?

Explain that one Kev????

It’s in The Sun .... aaah must be true then ??

They’ll try anything to halt the progression of the best domestic team this country has ever seen, but hey let’s stick to all things Imps as there’s much to discuss

#TwoTeamW@nker ❤️??

As a comparison to last seasons first home game against Morcambe the attendance was 8060 with 124 visitors leaving 7936 Imps so only 18 more Imps attended last seasons first home game than this seasons.

That was the statistic I was thinking of .... just 18 you say? It’s a negligible amount I suppose and still an excellent attendance, in fact 1,269 more than our nearest rival Counteh.

That was the statistic I was thinking of .... just 18 you say? It’s a negligible amount I suppose and still an excellent attendance, in fact 1,269 more than our nearest rival Counteh.

Ian here Kev.....yes, an excellent attendance. Some were expecting 9000+ but our first game back in the league on the back of winning the National League attracted roughly the same attendance give or take. On Saturday morning I had a look at ticket sales on Eventbrite, after doing some maths I thought the attendance would be 8665 which tells me around 250 season ticket holders out of just over 6300 did not attend. If you compare that figure with Liverpool who have just over 26000 ST holders the percentage of ST holders missing per game is very similar. LFC on average per game have 1000 to 1500 ST holders not attending. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues with LCFC as we now have a lot of ST holders living around the country who no doubt will not get to every game and purchased tickets with the fear of not getting in to games that would potentially sell out.
As for relocating to a new stadium I think we should as it would provide non football income, generate new business partners, provide a modern stadium and if you look at teams that have moved to new stadiums there is generally a spike in attendances. Prime examples are Huddersfield Town and Brighton. UTI

A few of us guessed too high, but nevertheless a cracking attendance for the first game of the season.

Many season ticket holders who live far from Lincoln will not be able to attend the evening Bury game, others will be on holiday. Time to confirm tickets will be available on the day?

We will never get all he ST holders at every game. Holiday season , work commitments, illness etc.. My grandson and I missed the game due to my sons wedding. But we still had the largest gate in our division which is the proof of how far we have come since depression days 2.5 years ago. I am firmly in the camp of extending the seating areas on the selenity stand side of the ground and not moving to a new ground. But that is because I am selfish old sod who can't imagine the imps playing anywhere else.

The two season ticket holders in my car missed the game. As said car broke down near Beverley on the way at about 1.30pm. Gutted. First home game I've missed for a few years. 4-1 bittersweet. Every cloud...

Stacey West has a lot of space behind it & if it could be made 50% to 100% bigger, that would add 1000-2000 more. Also for the corporate revenue seekers (and not a bad thing) another row of boxes could be built too (ALL boxes currently sold so presumably demand for more is out there).

Maybe less scope at other end to do anything short of demolishing existing end.

And for the St Andrews stand side....the area between Selenity & Stacey West is probably the biggest waste of space we currently have. Can Selenity be expanded on that side? And on the orange side, no idea how the offices etc behind would obstruct any stand expansion. But the ideal would be expand Selenity equally on both sides to complete that side of the ground.

Of course anything would depend on whether planners are happy for Sincil Bank to increase to 12k or 15k for example. Or on whether water facilities could cope (i believe that is a potential problem). Or on what any expansions would cost & what extra matchday & non-matchday revenue that could ensue.
And on how all that would compare to a brand new stadium.

The Bury game will have the advantage of being in the school holidays which should help. Hardly and tickets left in the COOP just Stacey West in the main.

However County on the Saturday there is next to nothing available and if they sell out there allocation, it could touch 9700-9800? However looking at the County forum they aren’t impressed with Nolan, therefore there allocation could well be 1300-1400?

Is the attendance counted as the number of people there or the number of tickets sold? Is rhere a standard that clubs have to adhere to, or can individual clubs.choose how they want to count attendances?

And for the St Andrews stand side....the area between Selenity & Stacey West is probably the biggest waste of space we currently have. Can Selenity be expanded on that side? And on the orange side, no idea how the offices etc behind would obstruct any stand expansion. But the ideal would be expand Selenity equally on both sides to complete that side of the ground.
If (when) promotion arrives you would have to assume we'll attract more plastics like me and the current capacity will increase. In the short term, I wonder if it would be worth installing temporary seating in this area? it would save on extending the Selenity at a hugh cost, only to find it wasn't needed. If we can show we're maxed out each game then go ahead and expand it. It would fantastic with both sides full. The Selenity looks a little lost sat on its own.

Is the attendance counted as the number of people there or the number of tickets sold? Is rhere a standard that clubs have to adhere to, or can individual clubs.choose how they want to count attendances?
I believe we do people attending not tickets sold or it would have been a few hundred higher for the missing season ticket holders, Arsenal amongst others in the prem do this. My cousin is a Huddersfield fan they've done it tickets sold for years.

I believe we do people attending not tickets sold or it would have been a few hundred higher for the missing season ticket holders, Arsenal amongst others in the prem do this. My cousin is a Huddersfield fan they've done it tickets sold for years.

Thanks. I've seen a few presumptions and wondered if anyone knew for sure.

Stacey West has a lot of space behind it & if it could be made 50% to 100% bigger,

As has been discussed in other threads (and by people much more knowledgable than me on the subject), I believe we can't go any higher at the Stacey West end, due to the existing housing, so extending it into the car park wouldn't be viable as you wouldn't be able to see anything further back. It's also been stated that demolishing the Selenity and building a mirror-image of the Co-op would be cheaper than filling in the 2 ends of the existing stand.

Last edited:
I have meanwhile read that it would cost a heck of a lot to demolish and rebuild the Selenity because it contains the club's offices and infrastructure and for that reason will cost more than the Linpave.

I've seen estimates in the tens of millions float around in previous discussions on this board.

Fairly sure it is tickets sold for the game as opposed to physical number of people in the ground