7,918 Imps | Page 5 | Vital Football

7,918 Imps

I sincerely hope you are not using Chesterfield as a reason why we should not move. Have you no idea what has been going on at Chesterfield in recent years?
Not off field no but there massive debts cant be all on field related can they(ie overspending) .Cant comment on conference venues etc in Chesterfield either but lincoln has loads now !

Does the city need more conference facilities etc etc i dont think so myself.They do want to get more of the sandwich brigade because it increases substantially revenue streams.Chesterfield was the model Bob used but look at there debts etc.Im not convinced myself about the arguement to move but if we stay how far can we progress up the system without more revenue streams .Also car parking becomes more of a problem as well.
Very tricky problem!

Having to have meetings/around Lincoln is not easy from a business perspective, I have tried it. Some hotels facilities do go some way to help but they do not provide a full suite of requirements such IT, projectors, PA systems and always take hassle to set up, where as somewhere where can be set up correctly its great.

As an example I attend the Project Controls Expo most years which is held at the Emirates Stadium LINK and a second link with pics and it is well run with all the facilities required. Its also a good example of a good revenue stream.

Every business I have ever known that does meeting work / seminars etc deplores the lack of good facilities of that kind in Lincoln

Fairly sure it is tickets sold for the game as opposed to physical number of people in the ground

It is the opposite for Lincoln (don't ask my why) - the Imps declare actual attendees not tickets sold.

So we may have 6400 ST holders but if 500 don't turn up, we only declare 5900 on the day.

Have no idea why we do it this way

Genuine question, although I admit my language is somewhat loaded: Why is enabling a bunch of regional managers to spout jargon for several hours in the same room seen as the future of Lincoln City FC?

But the source of the funding has to be correct and not endanger the long-term future of the club. Are we likely to secure that any time soon?
Which is why any tie-in with the Uni is likely to be important.

The Council will get on board with that, and it also opens up various grants I'd imagine.

It is the opposite for Lincoln (don't ask my why) - the Imps declare actual attendees not tickets sold.

So we may have 6400 ST holders but if 500 don't turn up, we only declare 5900 on the day.

Presumably H&S wanting to know the exact amount of people in the Stadium in case of an emergency.

Or, maybe because we do/did cash back on un-used stubs, there was a financial reason to it?

Given this was the state of play on Saturday morning I think we can be totally confident that you're correct. Lots of season ticket holders absent all over the stadium. School holidays will do that.

I would expect a full, open and entirely transparent consultation on all issues relating to a ground move.

But that probably won't happen.

You mean something like a business case that evaluates the benefits, costs and risks of alternative options whilst providing a rationale for the preferred solution.

Genuine question, although I admit my language is somewhat loaded: Why is enabling a bunch of regional managers to spout jargon for several hours in the same room seen as the future of Lincoln City FC?
Because they pay loads of £££££'s to do so.

Not only regional managers how about national managers which means even more.

At the end of the day it's called revenue.

You mean something like a business case that evaluates the benefits, costs and risks of alternative options whilst providing a rationale for the preferred solution.
If your company does it that way, please let me know so I don't go to work for them. Ta

And should we be promoted and the demand for tickets and away support grow who's willing to miss a season as there current seats are given to those in the stand that's demolished whilst the new ones being built. Many people complaining about not being in there favourite stand and many others worried about if it's going to be buyback so as might get in. As we probably know with Lincoln's history we'll just get a new ground built and the Cowley's will be off and the new 15000 seater will only be a third full within a few years of poor results. As much as I would like to remain at Sincil bank we have got to try and grow and become bigger and better on and off the field.

Haven't been following this debate in detail, and I'm no expert in these things, so forgive me if I am being naive, but I noticed the arguments about cost/benefit, etc. Just one thought - our new Chairman has a background in finance & seems pretty handy at encouraging investors. The rest of the Board seem a lot more businesslike and professional these days. I would think given the current momentum of the club, its achievements and relative stability, plus the experience of the office holders, it would be entirely possible to put the relevant financial package together to take a new ground proposal forward, or am I missing something?

Presumably H&S wanting to know the exact amount of people in the Stadium in case of an emergency.

Or, maybe because we do/did cash back on un-used stubs, there was a financial reason to it?

I think that is the likely reason but other clubs (Cods for example) declare ticket sales.

Go figure!

If you want revenue why target this particular business? Investing in blue chip stocks gives a good return - and there's no material costs associated with that.

My point is why should Lincoln City build a bunch of infrastructure when there are other ways of making money. Someone upthread gave the example of Spurs and they trouble they are having. Well, imagine that risk without the reward potential: Lincoln City is not Tottenham Hotspur, LN6 is not N17 and Lincoln is most definitely not London.

Last edited by a moderator:

Because every senior management team in the country is queuing up for the chance to travel two or three hours by train (change at bumf*** nowhere, please) or road (where's the motorway?) to get to Lincoln to have a conference.