7,918 Imps | Vital Football

7,918 Imps

Norfolk Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I was slightly disappointed that Home fans dipped below the 8k mark, especially after getting off to a winning start.

I understand folk are on holiday etc, but at present there is clearly no need for a new Stadium, which I feel is crucial for ours and the Cowley’s long term ambitions.

It'll need a longer, sustained period of these sort of crowds, but given you've, rightly, suggested that the crowd was due to holidays etc, I'm not sure how you can then use that against a new stadium?

There were supposedly only less than 600 home tickets left for Saturdays game. I know some are on holiday but I was expecting a gate well over 9000.

Not sure you can judge that on one game at the start of the season, get to September out of holiday season and judge then. If we published tickets sold rather than attendance I reckon it would have been much higher.

I don't think you'll be saying that shortly if we maintain a top 3 spot. Also if capacity was bigger, we could go back to pay on the gate, as it stands, some of our casual support I'm sure are put off trying as coop and selenity (best views) are very difficult to get hold of.

It'll need a longer, sustained period of these sort of crowds, but given you've, rightly, suggested that the crowd was due to holidays etc, I'm not sure how you can then use that against a new stadium?

I’m totally FOR a new Stadium, please don’t get me wrong, maybe I’ve been over optimistic about the size of our fanbase .... or potentially so? ?

It's always difficult to judge, especially when you are very close to capacity now. To me although Wembley shows a lot of potential support most of that is unrealistic, a more reasonable guide to the maximum would be how many went to Cardiff in the play-offs.

I believe that the late availability of tickets for the BMcF stand for booked tickets did not help either. As people like to make plans and could not gamble on pay on the day being available. Although, pay on the day was announced late on for the SW.

I bit of tweaking still required for ticket release times.

Last edited:
Particularly in holiday periods, casual fans are less likely to want to commit themselves ahead of a game.

We would have been better to announce early that there was pay on the day for the Swindon game, the same is likely to be true for the home games against Bury and Crawley.

There were lots of empty seats in areas that are all season ticket holders.

People are on holiday - August is peak holiday month in the UK.
Especially as we've become such a family friendly football club its peak school holidays so they're bound to loads of empty seats.
9500+ for the Notts County guaranteed.

Particularly in holiday periods, casual fans are less likely to want to commit themselves ahead of a game.

We would have been better to announce early that there was pay on the day for the Swindon game, the same is likely to be true for the home games against Bury and Crawley.
Cant see either of them bringing more 200.

On Friday, it took me seven hours to drive from Pulborough to Lincoln, 210 miles. Believe me, the roads are chock-a-block with people going on holiday.

And I stopped at Peterborough Services - it took me almost half an hour to get from the A1 into a parking space.

Last edited:
1500 was good at one stage a while back, 3 of us on our row in lower block 5 a few years back, now it’s like musical chairs or the Hokey Cokey up & down & in & out, for the toilet or food.
But now we have a better atmosphere on match days.

Last edited:
I refuse to be disappointed about any attendance over 2500.
MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN AT HALF TIME YOU COULD HAVE A KIP ACROSS 2 SEATS in the upper coop and wake up in your own time ready for the second half.
All this pushing and shoving on the way out of the ground after the match, i don`t like it at all and to cap it all this singing now and shouting during the game it`s getting on my nerves!