7,918 Imps | Page 6 | Vital Football

7,918 Imps

Because every senior management team in the country is queuing up for the chance to travel two or three hours by train (change at bumf*** nowhere, please) or road (where's the motorway?) to get to Lincoln to have a conference.

Mate you have definitely made a conference before... the one I go to at the Emirates the best attended speech is the free bar. And that's the money the club wants and would help to progress

I'll repeat my point: Lincoln is not London.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the opposite for Lincoln (don't ask my why) - the Imps declare actual attendees not tickets sold.

So we may have 6400 ST holders but if 500 don't turn up, we only declare 5900 on the day.

Have no idea why we do it this way
I would think it's because we mostly allow pay on the day, which you won't have at Arsenal, Liverpool as 2 mentioned. Would think it would start to get messy to count people through turnstiles with cash and some with tickets, so turnstile clicks it is

You're funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Particularly in holiday periods, casual fans are less likely to want to commit themselves ahead of a game.

We would have been better to announce early that there was pay on the day for the Swindon game, the same is likely to be true for the home games against Bury and Crawley.

Having brought some friends from Nottingham to the Imps Wednesday game they have become Imps fans. One was keen to come to the Swindon game, I thought there were no tickets available on the day. I also noticed 6 empty seats very close to me in the coop upper.

Regarding conference revenue, for school software and IT reasons I have attended and conferences and training events at Carlisle race course and the Newcastle Falcons ground. Both very large rooms and the executive boxes are used, dependent upon the capacity needed for each aspect of the event, with IT provision being important. I suspect that there are many types of training that are sourced from the provider and that can be more economically held at locations around the country, with the "trainees" coming from several companies. A new ground in Lincoln, quite close to the station and bypass could become well used.

It is the opposite for Lincoln (don't ask my why) - the Imps declare actual attendees not tickets sold.

So we may have 6400 ST holders but if 500 don't turn up, we only declare 5900 on the day.

Have no idea why we do it this way

I am sure this is to do with safety.
Every single person is counted as they enter each area of the ground. The club therefore know how many have come in and when safety limits/capacity has been reached in each section.
We therefore declare our attendance as this counted figure. And quite rightly in my opinion.
I really dislike it when a club says there are x thousands there when blatantly they are not there.
Glad we are totally honest (and safe) with our attendance figures

I'll repeat my point: Lincoln is not London.

No and Lincoln doesn't have the same competition for conference facilities that London has or would charge the same prices..admittedly Lincoln hasn't really got a decent hotel worth the name either but that's not really the market you would be targeting

Having brought some friends from Nottingham to the Imps Wednesday game they have become Imps fans. One was keen to come to the Swindon game, I thought there were no tickets available on the day. I also noticed 6 empty seats very close to me in the coop upper.

Looks like there will often be tickets available on the day. For the Swindon game the club knew on Friday just how many tickets they wanted so were then able to release extra ones in the SW.

We therefore declare our attendance as this counted figure. And quite rightly in my opinion.
I really dislike it when a club says there are x thousands there when blatantly they are not there.

It's a minor thing but it's bugged me for years. Practically every English club counts season ticket holders as attendees even when they're not. It reached its nadir season with the half full Emirates being reported as 59,000.

If nothing else it gives a false impression about popularity which the PL and EFL are keen to promote to the point of pummeling it to death. I live in Spain where, for example, every club only reports how many people have gone through the turnstile. The average attendance figures are lower than their English equivalents but by no means as far if they were all considered by the same standard.

Regarding conference revenue, for school software and IT reasons I have attended and conferences and training events at Carlisle race course and the Newcastle Falcons ground. Both very large rooms and the executive boxes are used, dependent upon the capacity needed for each aspect of the event, with IT provision being important. I suspect that there are many types of training that are sourced from the provider and that can be more economically held at locations around the country, with the "trainees" coming from several companies. A new ground in Lincoln, quite close to the station and bypass could become well used.
Close to the station AND the bypass might be tricky

It's a minor thing but it's bugged me for years. Practically every English club counts season ticket holders as attendees even when they're not. It reached its nadir season with the half full Emirates being reported as 59,000.

If nothing else it gives a false impression about popularity which the PL and EFL are keen to promote to the point of pummeling it to death. I live in Spain where, for example, every club only reports how many people have gone through the turnstile. The average attendance figures are lower than their English equivalents but by no means as far if they were all considered by the same standard.

Coventry last season suddenly had a crowd of close to their 30000 or so capacity. When the goals highlights show did the goals from that game, Ricoh was clearly at best HALF full. Cov has given away loads of free tkts to schools etc i think and then declared all those people as being there. A very false declaration but one that boosted their average attendance above ours.

If every club simply dished out free tkts for every unused seat then all grounds would always be full to capacity apparently.
That absurd conclusion shows that OUR method has to be the correct one.

Unless there is a buy back scheme in operation, any empty season ticket seats will not be available for re sale, and there were lots last Saturday as we know.

No and Lincoln doesn't have the same competition for conference facilities that London has or would charge the same prices..admittedly Lincoln hasn't really got a decent hotel worth the name either but that's not really the market you would be targeting

It does, however, have quite a lot of hotel capacity.

You kind of think if we carry on in anything like the same vane we've started, then tickets will be even harder to get. Good as we were overall last season, the football was functional at times I think we have to admit, but what we've shown in the very short sample available so far is different gravy