7,918 Imps | Page 2 | Vital Football

7,918 Imps

A new stadium won't just be for increasd capacity it would be built to be a much more community based venue plus , and more importantly going forward, it will allow us to maximise our revenue streams on the corporate side, an area which we are missing out on at present.
Expanding Sincil Bank isn't really an option as it would cause more problems than it would solve so for me a city based new stadium is the way foreward as soon as possible.

7 in our row we’re missing and all season ticket holders, County will be a sell out no question. If we can tip 8000 for Bury a week on Tuesday would be fantastic. Are tickets selling well?

On Friday, it took me seven hours to drive from Pulborough to Lincoln, 210 miles. Believe me, the roads are chock-a-block with people going on holiday.

And I stopped at Peterborough Services - it took me almost half an hour to get from the A1 into a parking space.

Should have stopped at my house, Phil. We'd have given you a cuppa! We're within eight miles of those services (not far from Sawtry on the A1).

I was slightly disappointed that Home fans dipped below the 8k mark, especially after getting off to a winning start.

I understand folk are on holiday etc, but at present there is clearly no need for a new Stadium, which I feel is crucial for ours and the Cowley’s long term ambitions.

How many home fans did we need on Saturday to warrant the new ground out of interest?

7 in our row we’re missing and all season ticket holders, County will be a sell out no question. If we can tip 8000 for Bury a week on Tuesday would be fantastic. Are tickets selling well?
Had 7 or so ST's around us who were way as well.

A new stadium won't just be for increasd capacity it would be built to be a much more community based venue plus , and more importantly going forward, it will allow us to maximise our revenue streams on the corporate side, an area which we are missing out on at present.
Expanding Sincil Bank isn't really an option as it would cause more problems than it would solve so for me a city based new stadium is the way foreward as soon as possible.

Well, that's what they tell us, anyway. Given that they don't seem to able to even sort the catering at SB I'm not massively convinced by the argument.

I'd like to see a detailed business plan with carefully projected income streams before I believe a word of it, tbh. The world is littered with "Revenue enhancing" projects that fail miserably.

I was slightly disappointed that Home fans dipped below the 8k mark, especially after getting off to a winning start.

I understand folk are on holiday etc, but at present there is clearly no need for a new Stadium, which I feel is crucial for ours and the Cowley’s long term ambitions.

A bit contradictory^.

First game of the season we were only 90% full therefore we don't need a bigger ground.....!! hmmmm
Holidays, summer, cricket season...also I think a lot of casual fans are put of by the lack of easy entry, and the presumption that tickets are hard to come by. If we are in league 1 next year there will be bigger away support... except it wouldn't be much bigger as there isn't any space to put much more than 1.5K.

Lincoln clearly does need a stadium around 14-16K capacity.

Best crowd by some distance in Div 2, lots on holiday still , obviously they just count the attendees . Over 250 % up on opening day crowds 2/3 years ago, 8,060 first home game back in the League last season. Will get 9,000 + for most home games imo.

Are you a comedian? Or did you just start watching Lincoln a couple of seasons ago?

As a comparison to last seasons first home game against Morcambe the attendance was 8060 with 124 visitors leaving 7936 Imps so only 18 more Imps attended last seasons first home game than this seasons.

I really don’t think we want to be going to the expense of relocating the stadium. Sitting in the Coop stand on Saturday, there is room to fit 3-4,000 on the opposite side of the ground with a bit of ingenuity. I don’t know what the current situation is with the costing of where we are now, but I don’t believe that a much larger out of town stadium is necessary and if we don’t achieve Championship status, and when the Cowley’s eventually leave us, which they clearly will at some time, it would probably ruin us..

I really don’t think we want to be going to the expense of relocating the stadium. Sitting in the Coop stand on Saturday, there is room to fit 3-4,000 on the opposite side of the ground with a bit of ingenuity. I don’t know what the current situation is with the costing of where we are now, but I don’t believe that a much larger out of town stadium is necessary and if we don’t achieve Championship status, and when the Cowley’s eventually leave us, which they clearly will at some time, it would probably ruin us..

Ah, but the narrative goes that we will be an established championship team by then with 15k regular attendees.

I share your concerns.

Are you a comedian? Or did you just start watching Lincoln a couple of seasons ago?
Funny you should say that...our Norfolk friend abandoned ship when we were relegated and went to watch Man City instead. Hence the link I posted, about the notorious Emptihad.

Funny how we are now debating the numbers of home fans not being in excess of 8,000.

That there were only 600 or so home end tickets left on Saturday means we must have had around 700 no shows on STs (LCFC only count those who turn up, not those who have a ticket).

Were more than a few seats going in U4.

It's holiday season, we had over 8,000 in the ground and we made some noise and saw a top game of football and a win.

Don't expect us to be looking at sub 8,000 very often (I am sure we only have 7500 for the mid week Cheltenham game last season as well)

Particularly in holiday periods, casual fans are less likely to want to commit themselves ahead of a game.

We would have been better to announce early that there was pay on the day for the Swindon game, the same is likely to be true for the home games against Bury and Crawley.

On current sales, we have seats still left in Coop, Selenity (bout 100 each), SW 1-3 has around 700 of the 780 on sale still available. We will likely get SW Block 4 as well - Bury won't bring more than 200 or so and will fit in SW 6 and 7.

No BM tickets on sale yet and Uni stand will be empty

Could be looking at a sub 7,000 gate for Bury unless sales pick up (when considering the holiday season ST no shows)- a good win on Saturday may help