2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 21 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Nick - any chance of some mid-season averages per player or do you not retain the data you collect? It would be interesting to see the league table of player ratings.

Yes, now is an ideal time to collate a mid season summary of where the players are. I can do it. The thread has all the info within it for anyone who has the patience to do the same. I will show the media and posters averages separately as always. Last season Aurier and Davies were the bottom two.

I have 8 media/ website ratings. I am going to deep dive the full match on the Spurs website before I give my own. It's a detailed and scientific process you know !!

My ratings against Brentford.
Lloris 4, Aurier 6, Sanchez 6, Dier 7.5 , Reggie 6, Hojbjerg 7, Sissoko 8, Ndombele 6.5, Moura 6, Son 8, Kane 6, Davies 5, Winks 6.5.

Jose 6.
I marked Hugo down on his distribution, we lost the ball 4 times die to poor kicks from him. He dropped the ball in front of him with a Brentford player very close and he flapped at the disallowed goal.
Did we need to play Hugo rather than Hart, Hojbjerg rather than Winks, Moura instead of Dele or Kane instead of Vinnie ?

Ratings vs Brentford

Lloris 6, Aurier 7, Sanchez 6.5, Dier 7.5, Reguilon 7.5, Sissoko 8, Hojbjerg 8, Ndombele 7.5, Moura 5, Kane 7, Son 7.5

Subs Davies 6, Winks 6.5
Jose 6.5

A sound all round performance with the desired result. By no means convincing however against Championship level opposition. If the VAR decision hadn't gone our way, the outcome may have been different. Whether collectively or individually we are just not producing nine or ten type performances at the moment.

Ratings vs Brentford

Lloris 6, Aurier 7, Sanchez 6.5, Dier 7.5, Reguilon 7.5, Sissoko 8, Hojbjerg 8, Ndombele 7.5, Moura 5, Kane 7, Son 7.5

Subs Davies 6, Winks 6.5
Jose 6.5

A sound all round performance with the desired result. By no means convincing however against Championship level opposition. If the VAR decision hadn't gone our way, the outcome may have been different. Whether collectively or individually we are just not producing nine or ten type performances at the moment.

I can only agree with all of the above.

Average player ratings against Brentford across 8 media/ websites and 2 forum posters including mine ( thanks for your input ). Media are second column.

Lloris 5, 6 12
Aurier 6.5 7
Sanchez 6.25, 6.18
Dier 7.5, 7.12
Reggie 6.75, 7
Sissoko 8, 7.68
Hojbjerg 7.5, 7.25
Moura 5.5, 5.62
Ndombele 6.5, 7.5
Son 7.75, 7.56
Kane 6.5 6.12
Davies 5.5, 6
Winks 6.5 , 6 12

Jose 6.25.

I have 10 media/ web ratings . I understand rating our players may not have as much relevance for this match against Marine but I will give it the same process.

My ratings v Marine which I have tried to temper with realism.
Hart 5, Doherty 6, Toby 6.5, Rodon 6, Davies 6.5, Sissoko 5.5, White 6, Gedson 7, Dele 8, Moura 7, Vinnie 7.5, Devine 6.5 Tanganga 6, Bale 4, Clarke 6.
Jose 7

Hart 6 - an extra point for his maths calculations to help create the Marine story of the cross bar.
Doherty 6 - better than normal
Toby 6 - easy life
Rodon 6.5 - a centre half striding out with the ball. We'll soon knock that out of him
Davies 6 - solid, but on the ball he did nothing
White 6 - solid game
Gedson 8 - loved his attitude to this game as others played in 3rd gear
Sissoko 6 - had some fun for 45
Dele 7 - would love to have seen him working as hard as Gedson
Moura 6 - nice free kick, pretty average at times though
Vini 7.5 - nice hatrick

Japhet 6 - looked quality
Reggie 6.5 - showed Davies what intensity is
Devine 7 - love the debut goal.
Bale 6 - a few nice touches, but didn't light the game up
Clarke 6.5 - no end product on the day, but loved the energy and intensity

Average player ratings against Marine across 10 media/web reports and only 2 forum posters including me. Media is second column.
Hart 5.50, 5.85
Doherty 6, 6.75
Toby 6.25, 6.75
Rodon 6.25, 7.65
Davies 6.25, 6.65
Sissoko 5.75, 6.85
White 6, 7.20
Gedson 7, 6.35
Dele 7.5, 8.50
Moura 6.5, 7.90
Vinnie 7.5, 8.90
Devine 6.75, 8.15
Tanganga 6.25, 6.60
Bale 5, 5.65
Clarke 6.25, 5.80

Jose 6.25.

Versus Fulham -

Lloris - 6
Aurier - 5
Sanchez - 7
Dier - 6
Reggie - 8.5
Winks - 6
PEH - 6.5
Sissoko - 2
Ndombele - 8
Kane - 6
Son - 6

Jose - 0.5. A new low. The team selection and tactics were bad enough from the off but seventy minutes later allowing the same shite to continue without any intervention was inexcusable.

Versus Fulham

Lloris - 5 - really had little to do, until they scored
Aurier - 5 - was doing well until the second half
Sanchez - 7 - played well and had to when we fell back
Dier - 6 - was solid, until there goal, but it was a great pass that just dropped behind him.
Reggie - 8 - Best game he's had.
Winks - 6 - kept the ball well, which meant we had a good level of possession, faded in the second half. He's thinking about going and it showed.
PEH - 4.5 worst game he's had for us.
Sissoko - 3.5 - Not all his fault, played out of position and then faded in the second half, should have been hauled off.
Ndombele - 8 - was arguably the only play with any creativity, annoying faded in the second half again, but once he went off, we handed them midfield.
Kane - 7 - great goal, Kane does it in his sleep, but desperately needs support from someone other than Son and needs to play further upfield, we are wasting him.
Son - 6

Jose - 1..he turned up and sat on his arse, his game management was dreadful.

So Fulham.....where do we start ?

Lloris 7 - another assured game. Loving his form this season.

Aurier 5 - you only have to look across to LB and see what Reggie brings. I can't defend Aurier anymore. He brings little to the table and is part of the reason we can't retain the ball.
Sanchez 8 - our best player. Used his pace and strength effectively and stood tall all game.
Dier 6.5 - admittedly took a knock, but didn't look as assured as normal.
Reggie 7 - superb first half and was tenacious throughout. Shame he didn't get the goal on his wrong foot. I like the fact he will still put his foot through the ball and clear his lines.

Hojbjerg 4.5 - this guy needs to realise that he is mostly responsible for the team getting deeper and deeper. He needs to start leading that midfield better. I don't think he is completely playing to Jose's instructions.
Winks 6 - tidy and tenacious, but completely hamstrung by Jose putting Sissoko ahead of him and Son having an off game. There were no out balls for him to find which negated his role.
Ndombele 7 - he is not adapting to Jose's game and still trying to play football. Good for him. Work rate and fitness looks better, but still gets subbed. Go figure.
Sissoko 4 - terrible performance. He has no ability or guile to play further forward and absolutely no positional sense. Should have got the hook at half time. Jose should be ashamed for the favouritism and the lack of adventure in picking him.

Son 5 - couple of bright moments, but fluffed his lines in front of goal and just became anonymous as the game progressed.
Kane 6 - you can tell by his possession stats that he's a marked man nowadays. He has no option to go and find open space and it is killing him. Still contributed in both boxes though.

Subs:
Lamela 5 - don't recall him achieving much, but saw some effort
Vini 5 - didn't make a good sub. Clumsy touches and just gave fouls away.

Jose 1 - if he didn't have a decorated CV, he would be taking pelters from every quarter right now. As inept a manager's performance as I've seen in a long while. He doesn't have long now to turn this around before this thing turns really ugly for him despite the cup final.

Greavesie is pretty much correct insofar as it seems increasingly unfair to rate players given the negative team selection, tactics, motivation and just about everything else that emanates from the manager/coach. Most of them are not playing to their abilities because they are not empowered to do so. My ratings therefore are based on their performances relative to what I believe is expected of them within this screwed up system, whereby the ratings more often than not won't reflect their true abilities;

Lloris 6, Sanchez 6.5, Dier 6
They are expected to keep clean sheets, because we won't be scoring enough to allow them any room for error. When they don't keep a clean sheet they have invariably failed, because we are unlikely to win. Last night therefore they failed.

Aurier 6 Reguilon 8
The two primary attacking supports to Kane and Son, because very little will come the strikers way through the middle. Reguilon did a decent job on the night, but unless these two (or Doherty when he plays} can create several chances in a game, we probably won't win.

Hojberg 5.5, Winks 5.5, Sissoko 6, Ndombele 7
They must maximise our possession in order to grind the opposition into submission, assist the CB's in ensuring we don't concede, and if via a run deep into opposition territory, or an inspired pass, they create an opportunity for one of the two strikers, that is almost a bonus. Mustn't do that too often though. Last night they failed because Fulham were able to control the midfield in the second half.

Kane 7 Son 5.5
They must pretty much convert every opportunity that comes their way, because there won't be too many of them. Sonny failed miserably last night insofar as unusually he failed to score with either chance that he had.

Subs
They must perform miracles when they come on, to try and rescue lost causes, with no tactical adjustment taking place that may assist them to contribute. Good example, throw Vinicius on with both Kane and Son but no attacking midfield, and hope that a hoof, or a bounce, or a slip may give one of them an opportunity.

Jose 1
Maybe one is harsh, because we didn't lose, and increasingly that seems to be good enough. Be ready to blame the team or one or two individuals in the post match interview however, in order to explain how yet again we conceded a lead and failed to win a game we should have.

My ratings v Fulham.
Lloris 6, Aurier 5, Sanchez 5.5, Dier 6, Reggie 7.5 , Hojbjerg 5, Winks 5, Ndombele 6.5, Son 5.5, Kane 7.
Jose 3.

Average player ratings v Fulham across 8 web/media and 5 posters. Media in second column.
Lloris 6, 6.75
Aurier 5.20, 6.87
Sanchez 6.80, 5.75
Dier 6.10, 6.50
Reggie 7.80, 7.62
Winks 5.70, 6.31
Hojbjerg 5.20, 6.18
Sissoko 4.30, 6.12
Ndombele 7.30, 7.06
Son 5.60, 5.75
Kane 6.60, 6.75
Lamela 5, 5.87