20/21 Match thread - Newcastle United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 13 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Newcastle United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jose throwing players under the bus... that must always be great for team morale.

His critique of the players just passing it around the back and the ball ending up back with Lloris summed it all up for me. Its as good as him saying "I want to players to make up their own tactics on the pitch, but they always make the wrong choices!"

I am now firmly of the opinion that Jose is not coaching this team enough and is doing the bare minimum with tactics for certain games. It's why there is such an over reliance on individual ability from Kane, Son, Ndombele, Lucas or Bale. I understand that the players should be giving there all for each game, but when a team looks lost and disjointed it can be a real intensity killer.

We need a coach who leads. Not a dated brand name that divides.

After a call I just had with a family member, who seems to get a lot of the chit chat at the Lane, I agree with what Matic just said in his last post.

It appears there is a lot of anger coming out of the squad, esp after our Esteemed Leaders post match interview, make of that what you will.

J Moaninasaurus OUT!

So , I wonder Just what was the plan with Vinicius up front . What exactly was in his head in selecting him .
Who was going to supply him with kind of passes he needed , the ones where they go down to the by line and pull the ball back into the danger penalty spot area he thrives in ,
Who was it that was going to play the quick “one twos “ to open the defenders back line .
How were we to give him the service , .... because we didn’t .
Waste of space... Awful tactics .

So , I wonder Just what was the plan with Vinicius up front . What exactly was in his head in selecting him .
Who was going to supply him with kind of passes he needed , the ones where they go down to the by line and pull the ball back into the danger penalty spot area he thrives in ,
Who was it that was going to play the quick “one twos “ to open the defenders back line .
How were we to give him the service , .... because we didn’t .
Waste of space... Awful tactics .

Reggie out wide, Moura across the front line and Dembele through the middle with Kane dropping back if need be ? Maybe Jose wanted to try and occupy the defenders and take the pressure off Kane. It didn't work I know and Jose changed it at half time.

Reggie out wide, Moura across the front line and Dembele through the middle with Kane dropping back if need be ? Maybe Jose wanted to try and occupy the defenders and take the pressure off Kane. It didn't work I know and Jose changed it at half time.

But we scored 2 in the first half. Vini did occupy at least one CB at all times and this meant Kane could find the space of which he thrives in.

Then Jose changed it and Kane stopped finding space and reverted to being marked at all times. The logic behind Jose's Vini sub was to bring on Son so he could pull an extra player deeper to defend.

I swear, every damn time Mourinho tries to make a defensive minded change when we are only 1 goal in front it comes back to bites us. It's even crazier that I'm talking about Son as a defensive minded change, yet here we are.

I might get shot for this, but imo look no further than Captain Kane. He is doing barely enough for the team. His goal stats hide his poor performances. Both the England games, he may have scored, but is energy and general contribution was poor, as has been for us for some time now. Yes, he has single-handedly won us numerous points, but he's being very selective about putting in a shift nowadays.

There's a reason behind everything. His apparent lack of overall contribution and energy may also be a consequence of the disharmony within these walls.
He may be of the mindset that if he scores the odd goal and runs around a bit, then he's doing his part.

This is a classic reaction to seeing fellow players not giving a shit and a manager who's ideas and tactics are not in alignment with our desired outcomes.

If Kane can get away with the bare minimum and score a few goals then unfortunately he will. Very sad.

This is the first time I've ever said this but....Jose, get the fuck out of our club.

There's a reason behind everything. His apparent lack of overall contribution and energy may also be a consequence of the disharmony within these walls.
He may be of the mindset that if he scores the odd goal and runs around a bit, then he's doing his part.

This is a classic reaction to seeing fellow players not giving a shit and a manager who's ideas and tactics are not in alignment with our desired outcomes.

If Kane can get away with the bare minimum and score a few goals then unfortunately he will. Very sad.

This is the first time I've ever said this but....Jose, get the fuck out of our club.

There's no doubt any player in his present place, whos struggling to accept the madness he's experiencing, and the questions he's now facing (That he wasnt at all prepared to deal with), would be affected on the pitch. And maybe he is a bit. However he'd be like #37 on the list of reasons things are askew.

It beggars belief the criticism Kane gets from Spurs fans. "His goals stats hide his poor performances".... Just where to begin with this I'm at a bit of a loss. Is he now single-handedly responsible for the performances of the other 10 guys on the pitch? He's Captain, sure, but I've always said he really shouldn't be, for any team, he's not that material. But his A#1 job is to put the puck in the net. And #2 try and help his teammates do it. After that, it's all a bonus. And what a bonus he is! Pretty well-rounded and extremely effective player that ANY club in the world would break records to get in their team.

And, just for the sake of making a really strong point.... Those "Goal Stats" that are masking his poor performances, well those, his "bare minimum", are literally historic...

theBareMinimum_3.jpg

Pretty sure it's been like a half century or something since anyone's accomplished that feat for a season. If ever.

There's no doubt any player in his present place, whos struggling to accept the madness he's experiencing, and the questions he's now facing (That he wasnt at all prepared to deal with), would be affected on the pitch. And maybe he is a bit. However he'd be like #37 on the list of reasons things are askew.

It beggars belief the criticism Kane gets from Spurs fans. "His goals stats hide his poor performances".... Just where to begin with this I'm at a bit of a loss. Is he now single-handedly responsible for the performances of the other 10 guys on the pitch? He's Captain, sure, but I've always said he really shouldn't be, for any team, he's not that material. But his A#1 job is to put the puck in the net. And #2 try and help his teammates do it. After that, it's all a bonus. And what a bonus he is! Pretty well-rounded and extremely effective player that ANY club in the world would break records to get in their team.

And, just for the sake of making a really strong point.... Those "Goal Stats" that are masking his poor performances, well those, his "bare minimum", are literally historic...

View attachment 47304

Pretty sure it's been like a half century or something since anyone's accomplished that feat for a season. If ever.

For me I am glad he plays for us and his stats are well great....BUT if and when (cos he does) he just ambled around, appears only to care about scoring and not getting involved elsewhere, when he takes free kick is for him and not thinking about the team...then he must be criticised along with any other player. So yep glad he is ours, but put a shift in all the timre, not when you want. Ditto everyone!

Well I’m livid after last nights result especially!
If there is one thing I can count on, it’s Spurs inability to capitalise on results elsewhere.

A couple of years ago I would have happily bet money on us beating Newcastle and money on the Spammers being shite, but it pains me to say I would put more money on West Ham beating the likes of Wolves than us beating anyone from any league!

But we scored 2 in the first half. Vini did occupy at least one CB at all times and this meant Kane could find the space of which he thrives in.

Then Jose changed it and Kane stopped finding space and reverted to being marked at all times. The logic behind Jose's Vini sub was to bring on Son so he could pull an extra player deeper to defend.

I swear, every damn time Mourinho tries to make a defensive minded change when we are only 1 goal in front it comes back to bites us. It's even crazier that I'm talking about Son as a defensive minded change, yet here we are.

I've been calling out his tactical thinking and game management for some time now; like it or not, Jose is caught in a conundrum of his own making, he still can't decide if we are an attacking team or a wholly defensive team, whether we are a long ball or a possession team, he still professes himself to be a great coach, but can't coach a team how to see a game out. Of course, he'll continue to blame the players, now it's sonny and Lamela for 'poor decision' making and our defence because they are not the players he had of old - which is an admission that before he had players who were were bought where money was no object, but clearly believes in his view that the current players can't be coached.

When absolutely everyone could see that their threats were coming from the long deep crosses from the right and he put Son on to shore our left up, I almost pissed myself laughing and knew we'd blow it, Son is about as solid a defensive player as Jose is honest.

He's gone as far now to lie about who was available when he was cornered.

He's lost the plot, if he hasn't completely, he's heading towards losing the whole of the dressing room.

It's deja vu; his reign looks like it will once again end in acrimony, our perhaps one saving grace is that whilst we allowed him to spend money, we'll probably only really waste £50 mill under his reign as opposed to 280 mill at united and God knows how much he has before that at other clubs.

Yet, he's still defended by a stout band of Jose fanatical believers, amazing really.

We are now more Spursy than we've ever been and Jose who was supposed to be the one with the winning mentality, the management skills and the ability to coach a winning mentality and improve players which were going to fix that once and for all is now its chief cheerleader.

Jose is more Spursey than Spurs.

Can anyone say hands-on heart now that they can see this dreadful man-management and dinosaur tactician leading us back from the wilderness next season?

If by some miracle we win against City, we should thank him for all his efforts and chase him away for good, his career in managment is finished.

Sorry Ndombele.

On Jose's tactics....we hit the post and had a header cleared off the line in the second half and held our lead until 5 minutes to go and conceded a poorly defended goal.

I asked a question on the way forward thread....as a coach, when your defence is not up to the job....what tactics and formation do you deploy ? There are a few options but which one suits out players the best. ?

Sorry Ndombele.

On Jose's tactics....we hit the post and had a header cleared off the line in the second half and held our lead until 5 minutes to go and conceded a poorly defended goal.

I asked a question on the way forward thread....as a coach, when your defence is not up to the job....what tactics and formation do you deploy ? There are a few options but which one suits out players the best. ?

Our issues start and end on the training pitch. Jose has to game manage far better than he has been, his tactical thinking at times seems to be so muddled discerning how we can readily change formation without opening ourselves to these final 5 errors.

He put Son on to shore up the defence where we had already seen ample evidence of our weaknesses! And then slates Son for his decision making - the fucking cheek of the man is hilarious.

Even so, I'd put up with him if he held his hands up and said - it's on me, instead he fcuks everyone over and will now deny that the players have had enough of his BS.

He's poison and it's all going to end the same way as his last job.

Sorry Ndombele.

You keep talking about how bad our defence is Nick, yet on goals conceded in the Premier league this season it's the fourth best. 32 goals conceded. Only City (21), Chelsea (30) and Villa (31) have conceded less. Our defenders are nothing like as bad as they are being portrayed. The real problems are all over the pitch for a myriad of reasons which we've talked about ad nauseam.

You keep talking about how bad our defence is Nick, yet on goals conceded in the Premier league this season it's the fourth best. 32 goals conceded. Only City (21), Chelsea (30) and Villa (31) have conceded less. Our defenders are nothing like as bad as they are being portrayed. The real problems are all over the pitch for a myriad of reasons which we've talked about ad nauseam.

Aurier has been described as uncoachable, Doherty is clearly not good enough. Tanganga a rookie.
Sanchez is not a top 4 CB, Toby declining, Dier is not a CB and Rodon another rookie.
Davies is not a top 4 LB and Reggie not great at defending.