20/21 Match thread - Newcastle United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Newcastle United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If there is a worse scenario than having Mourinho as manager, it would be to have Steve Bruce. Has somehow survived in the management game for a long time, and in fairness has proved himself in the past to be a decent manager at Championship level, but a walking disaster wherever he's been in the Premiership.

Interesting weekend. Leicester host City, Arsenal host Liverpool, and Wolves host West Ham.

1 loss in 5 for us in the league. We need to get some momentum going before the cup final.

If there is a worse scenario than having Mourinho as manager, it would be to have Steve Bruce. Has somehow survived in the management game for a long time, and in fairness has proved himself in the past to be a decent manager at Championship level, but a walking disaster wherever he's been in the Premiership.
Bruce, Pulis and Sam. ... could well be adding Roy to the list soon!. Somehow keep landing jobs after job!

So what's the deal with LB at the weekend?

Davies definitely out. Reggie doubtful apparently. Doherty probably injured and unavailable to switch over.

No Super Jan to slot in for his 2 appearances at LB and show those boys how to play the position :-)

So what's the deal with LB at the weekend?

Davies definitely out. Reggie doubtful apparently. Doherty probably injured and unavailable to switch over.

No Super Jan to slot in for his 2 appearances at LB and show those boys how to play the position :-)

Japhet can play LB, he used to do it all the time in the kids squads. Can't see him starting Cirkin, can you?

With wba beating Chelsea ...a win will put us 4th, and keep us there for a few days at least if spam don't beat wolves on monday. Hope the boys don't blow opportunities again...

Absolutely Total. Those that turn up with the Bank Holiday attitude should be made to form an orderly queue at the exit doors, not to be seen again this season. Right fk up season so far with an opportunity after opportunity handed to them on the plate. That includes the (not so) master tactician JM. The door is creaking open.

At the beginning of the season, I'd have laughed at the mismatch of Jose v Bruce. Despite our relative positions in the PL table, remind them of the WBA v Chelsea mismatch!

Just got back from work...
So we win tomorrow amd we go forth....albeit temporarily....

.....we are not done just yet chaps...I can feel it in my water....

For me the mindset of the players tomorrow is the key ingredient. I hope they don't allow complacency based on Newcastle's recent form to fog their minds. And although we beat Villa 2-0 that first half was a very poor performance.

The international couldn't have come at a better time for Newcastle. They were in total disarray before the break. I think I read that the club allowed the players to go on a 6-day break to somewhere like Dubai to regroup and recharge the batteries for the season run-in. Those not on international duty that is but given the way they have been playing I can't imagine there are too many of those players were called up for their countries. And Saint-Maximin is available for the Magpies - a player who's capable of causing us plenty of problems.

With a professional approach we should be plenty good enough and Son is back. Here's hoping.

This game has become huge,after the Chavs getting tanked,Leicester finally collapsing to Citeh and le Arse capitulation to the Bindippers,they probably did it on purpose,its a must win game for us if we have any hope of top 4. C.O.Y.S.

Its Easter Sunday, loads of Chocolate about, lets hope we take advantage of the situation we find ourselves in and not come away with Chocolate all over our boatraces, and of course get a Brucie Bonus, lol! Come On You Spurs...Please!

Just need Spammers to go a bit Spursy and it's all in our own hands again.
I'll take a lucky manager over a good one any day of the week.