£15 Quid a Game. | Page 5 | Vital Football

£15 Quid a Game.

£15 to watch on TV Fair or Not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eni Aluko does seem like she puts her foot in her mouth with these type of misguided comments. Didn’t she say something else during lockdown which was even worse? Does make you wonder whether she’s cut out for a senior management role she doesn’t seem to be able to think before she speaks / tweets and acts quite unprofessional. Maybe she’d be more suited to talk sport with gabby.

Imagine having her as your lawyer. You would probably end up doing life for speeding.

Eni Aluko does seem like she puts her foot in her mouth with these type of misguided comments. Didn’t she say something else during lockdown which was even worse? Does make you wonder whether she’s cut out for a senior management role she doesn’t seem to be able to think before she speaks / tweets and acts quite unprofessional. Maybe she’d be more suited to talk sport with gabby.

Hope this stupid, ignorant, woman gets sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52644983

Ex-England international Eniola Aluko has apologised after posting a series of tweets appearing to criticise people placed on the government's furlough scheme amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Aston Villa Women's sporting director said it created a "do-nothing" mentality and "culture of entitlement".

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/hope-villa-sack-her.104826/

Hope this stupid, ignorant, woman gets sacked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52644983

Ex-England international Eniola Aluko has apologised after posting a series of tweets appearing to criticise people placed on the government's furlough scheme amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Aston Villa Women's sporting director said it created a "do-nothing" mentality and "culture of entitlement".

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/hope-villa-sack-her.104826/

I think is what happens when you are exceptionally better than the average person at something. As a black woman she has had to face a lot of things but as far as a wage and employment goes she's had a sheltered existence.

People who have always been paid, I won't say worked, have this thing about other people not working or being handed money. I feel like that is because they have to go do shit they don't like for money. And 9/10 times it is easy, boring, monotonous work that leads them to deal with other people who are just as fed up.

Obviously not entirely the same for her but getting a wage has been easy for her so it should be easy to 'just go get another job'.

A piece on the bbc seems to agree with most of us fans on this PL trump idea , an author Kieran Maguire seems to hint towards the rest of the EFL price ( £10 ) , but for me I think that is even over priced .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54491180

Yes, glad they have figured this out.

I really wish fans would come together and fight the greed. But people won't take short term pain for long term gain. WIthout us, the sport is nothing, that is clear from the empty stands, but would be even clearer if we stopped paying - or in this case didn't start paying - these rip off prices to view at home as well.

I hope that fans realise that by paying they will be contributing to a potential dangerous precedent .

I can see the big games, the local derbies etc becoming pay per view if Sky etc see that despite the fuss there is an uptake. They will leave the Burnley v Fulham type games to normal subscription.

Its happened with boxing. All the big fights were included in the subscriptions but now they are all pay per view and the lesser fights are the only ones included.

I do not believe one bit that if this is popular then it will not return if and when things are normal again and as soon as they can implement it in a new deal .

They can swivel . Everyone wants football back remember, boost the nation ..blah..blah. Except when the greedy gits think they are losing out on money.
What a load of cack.

All perfectly summed up by Steve Stride in his tweet.

Not for me. I pay enough. I will wait until immediately after the final whistle to watch the abundance of highlights available . Not that difficult.

She's at it again. She's like a Katie Hopkins, loves the controversy, if you forgot she's the one that was gobbing off about furlough

View attachment 42778

Think you missed my post...

Anyway, this girl is a nob. Asks a ‘genuine question’ and then goes into hiding (Private) because she doesn’t like the genuine responses!

Villa, do us all a favour and sack this entitled bint.

I’ve noticed all the kick off times have remained the same, if our game Vs Leicester is PPV then why is it still being played on a Sunday evening? Surely it should just be Saturday 3pm as no one other than Leicester and Villa fans are going to pay for it (Hopefully none of us do). I thought the whole idea of the various kick off times was so everyone could watch the games whilst fans can’t attend.

I havent read any comments here but some twitter comments are disappointing, some people are happy to be fleeced 15 a game because they're justifying against the matchday experience.

Log of oul bollocks, I am convinced these are the same people who would say yeah you're right pay me less because I am working from home.

As I've a number of times before - don't just assume that the happy clappers are real people - it's in the vested interest of clubs et al to pay for unknown numbers of meatpuppet "people" to try and swing popular opinion towards something incredibly self-defeating ala Brexit.

Heard about this on the radio recently - I figured they'd try something.

I'm a free-markets kinda guy so it's really neither here nor there for me what they charge - you can stay with what you've got or you can choose to add this in top, it's completely up to you.

I imagine there's been quite the wrangling between clubs and the PL over this.

Ultimately, as I understand it at least, only BT and Sky have the rights to broadcast live games (in the UK) so while the clubs will have been bleating about their loss of gate revenue, the likes of Sky & BT Sport aren't going to be giving out free passes to the clubs to televise games that they've paid through the nose for.

On the other hand, the likes of Sky and BT are switched on enough to know that if they don't help out the clubs in some way then perhaps the game itself could be on its uppers within a year.

I would presume that Sky/BT will have had to give permission to the clubs to do this but only on the proviso that it sets the pay-per-view cost bar so high that it will only pull in people willing to pay through the nose for their clubs games and not overlap too much with the "value" (lol) packages on offer through Sky/BT.

It's all about precedents - the new Sky head honcho said last year (IIRC) that there's obviously a problem with their model as they've been haemorrhaging subscriptions for ages and they need to "give people what they want" by making more games more easily accessible but they're obviously going to want to protect the bottom line here too whilst setting the bar pretty high costwise for when they (inevitably IMO) sign the next PL TV deal which will likely not bear any resemblance to the existing one.

The PL netted £5b for just 200 live games - they're not going to get that deal again IMO - £8.75m per game ffs - 2.5x the per-game cost of the Bundesliga and the other leagues, Spain and all, are miles smaller than even that.

I think the next deal will likely be around the same value but for all 380 games being shown live by whoever/wherever as they are in other leagues - it's only the PL that, so far, has restricted us to around half of the games - probably so they can keep feeding the PL Six with more TV revenue than the other clubs get.

As some of you are already aware no doubt, these games (every single one of them plus on-demand reruns of entire matches) are quite easily viewable live in HD+ if you know how to do it.

I currently use a friend's Sky Go subscription for free but when they're not showing a game I want to see I simply use a foreign broadcaster who has the rights to show every game (there are a few of them) instead for around £20pm in HD, or 4K if you have the bandwidth and kit to do that with. Add a VPN for c£70pa and I can watch every single game live, and on-demand later on, for c£300pa.

I do get the pushback against the costs of this new initiative but I'm afraid that's the price you pay when millions of people vote against their own interests by voting for a US lifestyle when voting pro-Brexit/pro-Tories - yeah you'll get "more choice" but it'll only be the top 10% who can afford what they actually want - for the other 90% of people you'll simply see what you used to get for your money decimated down to barely worth having at any price, healthcare and all.

Welcome to America.

I hope that fans realise that by paying they will be contributing to a potential dangerous precedent .

I can see the big games, the local derbies etc becoming pay per view if Sky etc see that despite the fuss there is an uptake. They will leave the Burnley v Fulham type games to normal subscription.

Its happened with boxing. All the big fights were included in the subscriptions but now they are all pay per view and the lesser fights are the only ones included.

I do not believe one bit that if this is popular then it will not return if and when things are normal again and as soon as they can implement it in a new deal .

They can swivel . Everyone wants football back remember, boost the nation ..blah..blah. Except when the greedy gits think they are losing out on money.
What a load of cack.

All perfectly summed up by Steve Stride in his tweet.

Not for me. I pay enough. I will wait until immediately after the final whistle to watch the abundance of highlights available . Not that difficult.

Exactly what will happen Newcastle v Man U will be a big seller so will Villa Leicester to a lesser extent, but Albion v Burnley will hardly sell at all and Sky will soon show these sort of games for free just like you say,

The Albion game is 5.15 on a Monday night wtf is going ti pay 15 quid to watch that

I have Now tv and pay £20pm for all eleven Sky sport channels but cant see anywhere that you can get a day pass for £7.99, they are asking £9.99.

I swear my NowTV costs £34 per month am I being screwed?! I think I quoted the £7.99 first, it used to be £7.99 so maybe it’s gone up.

Without looking, NowTV gives you the main game - as would a sky sport subscription. When I’ve tried to watch boxing on box office, I can’t get it through NowTV I have to go on to the sky box office website and watch it on the iPad.

Even with a relatively affordable Now Tv, you won’t be able to watch it even with the subscription as it’ll be additional I suspect.

I swear my NowTV costs £34 per month am I being screwed?! I think I quoted the £7.99 first, it used to be £7.99 so maybe it’s gone up.

Without looking, NowTV gives you the main game - as would a sky sport subscription. When I’ve tried to watch boxing on box office, I can’t get it through NowTV I have to go on to the sky box office website and watch it on the iPad.

Even with a relatively affordable Now Tv, you won’t be able to watch it even with the subscription as it’ll be additional I suspect.
I originally bought a Now tv stick fully loaded with all Sky sports for one month from Currys at a cost of £29.99 when the football restarted.
As soon as the season finished I cancelled it.
They e-mailed straight back with the offer of £20pm for the next nine months.
A day pass is now £9,99, but that is for scheduled games only and wont include ppv matches.
It says on the Now tv website that you can order the boxing,
How do I watch on my NOW TV Box or Smart Stick?
To watch Sky Sports Box Office events on your TV you just need to order online at sports.skyboxoffice.com/events and then download the Sky Sports Box Office app on your NOW TV device.
As said before, I wont be using ppv, as I think the clubs are in a position to offer this at a far more fan friendly amount.
I dont think they have thought it through and the take up, not just for the Villa but across the game will bring, in the scheme of things very little income as opposed to the ill will it will generate.

this money grabbing scheme is one of the reasons I stopped watching premiership football
They should make a few games free to air again, like before, rather than screwing everyone for every single penny they can

Leicester have been cast as the good guys for being the only club to vote against this. It turns out that voting was round the table in alphabetical order. By the time it got to Leicester it was practically a done deal so they lost nothing by voting down the proposal but got Brownie points for standing out against.

Leicester have been cast as the good guys for being the only club to vote against this. It turns out that voting was round the table in alphabetical order. By the time it got to Leicester it was practically a done deal so they lost nothing by voting down the proposal but got Brownie points for standing out against.
So we followed Arsenals lead.

I had sky until about 20 years ago. Had the full package and it went up to £42 a month for the lot which I thought was too much at that time. Fast forward to Sept last year when I decided to just have the sports package and of course I had to pay the entertainment one as well. £42 pounds for an 18 month contract. Not to bad but after less that 6 months they put the price up to £45. Now I dont blame sky for the poor level of entertainment that the current sports situation we are enduring but instead of offering us a reduced charge they put the cost of mine up. They now come out with £14.95 pay per view which I will not pay. Like 57 and others have said going to ground on match day is completely different to watching on TV. My contract runs until March next year and then I will cancel it.

Does that me we get all the TV money for the game next Sunday? oh no thought not