£15 Quid a Game. | Page 3 | Vital Football

£15 Quid a Game.

£15 to watch on TV Fair or Not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK maybe free wasn't the right way to put it. What I mean is all games have been available live. That's not normal is it. We usually get 3 or 4 a week and very rarely does that include villa, its mostly the top 6.

So back then if you'd offered fans the chance to watch every one of their teams matches on a pay per view basis a lot would have said yes please.

£15 does seem steep, but as said if NowTv works for them at £7.99 for matches they are already broadcasting, then surely there has to be a premium for games that wouldn't have otherwise been broadcast?

For me, a tenner would have been fair... But as already conceded my opinion provably doesn't count.

There are cameras at all games already. And they are beamed back to Sky HQ for Merse can comment on them. So I can't see pumping them out to us would cost much more.

BT Sport Box Office HD
The action continues in 2020 after bringing some of the finest pay-per-view boxing and UFC world title fights and WWE events to BT TV, Sky and Virgin customers over the past two years.

BT Sport Box Office is a collection of TV channels where you can buy live box office events. It's available to customers with or without a BT Sport subscription, across BT TV, Sky, Virgin Media and online. All events will be advertised on sport.bt.com >

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-sport/bt-sport-box-office

To be honest the cynic in me thinks they've priced it high to start with so they can then do a u-turn in a weeks time and drop it to a tenner so everyone thinks they're getting a bargain.

Wouldn't surprise me if they drop the price in a few days after the backlash. Was probably all part of the plan.

If the price stays the same and the situation doesn't change, perhaps it is down to the club's to make paying that ammount more worth while. Would it be that hard for a club to say 'show me receipts for 5 ppv games and we'll give you a shirt' or something like that. it won't cost the club much, but would have much more worth to the consumer.

Yep I am still unclear if this is only accessed IF you already have the platform i.e. Sky or BT. I originally assumed that BOTH would show all games (I have sky so it would be an extra £15 per game). BUT the next 2 villa games have been shared - 1 Sky, 1 BT. So as I don't have BT would I have to buy a £25 monthly pass AND then £15? If so that is ridiculous.

If I didn't have Sky would it cost me say £7.99 for a day Now TV pass and then £15?
Again madness.

They should do an iFollow set-up.
I have Now tv and pay £20pm for all eleven Sky sport channels but cant see anywhere that you can get a day pass for £7.99, they are asking £9.99.
It appears that you will have to go online and order the games in the same way as you do the boxing, so you wouldnt pay for both, but you do have to pay for the Now tv platform in the first place, either stick or box.
Whichever I will not be paying so I dont care.
I am guessing Sky will be looking at the most loyal fans, and not putting them on the inclusive packages, in the knowledge the likes of Villa fans will pay.

Last edited:
I'm calming down now and thinking I only normally go to home games, can't get tickets for away games and if I could I'd be hard pushed to afford every trip now that I don't work,
If they offered me an away game on box office in UHD at 15 quid in a normal world I think I'd take it as it has to be better than not seeing it or having to watch it on some stuttering stream with a picture that looks like someone has smeared vaseline on the screen.

We really are spoilt aren't we these days, remember the days when if you didn't go you didn't see it, like the 1976 win over Liverpool. The days when MOTD only showed Highlights from a couple of game etc.

But then how do you get the footy channels.

You get introduced to someone who provides, then download a few bits and bobs to the firestick, pay and off you go. Or so I'm told... I wouldn't know obviously!

You get introduced to someone who provides, then download a few bits and bobs to the firestick, pay and off you go. Or so I'm told... I wouldn't know obviously!

I would never do this - but Kodi is your friend.
You can run it on a PC but it is fiddly/frustrating I've heard.

I'm calming down now and thinking I only normally go to home games, can't get tickets for away games and if I could I'd be hard pushed to afford every trip now that I don't work,
If they offered me an away game on box office in UHD at 15 quid in a normal world I think I'd take it as it has to be better than not seeing it or having to watch it on some stuttering stream with a picture that looks like someone has smeared vaseline on the screen.

We really are spoilt aren't we these days, remember the days when if you didn't go you didn't see it, like the 1976 win over Liverpool. The days when MOTD only showed Highlights from a couple of game etc.

Yes, in normal circumstances is the salient point though isn't it? Most of us want to be at the games.

I have said a few times over the years, as I struggle for away games health wise quite often, but also as my mates became non season ticket holders, it was harder to get tickets to go for the day out with them, that I would pay ppv to see the games. But definitely think the price at the moment is so steep. I think this might have the oppositive effect for me, I think I might cancel BT and Sky. I only have Amazon Prime for free postage, the fact that has tv attached is a nice bonus.

With me, I pay about £27 a game for my ST but once it's paid I don't think about it.
It works out about a tenner a week over the year so I'm not too bothered.

This paying for Sky then having to pay extra again winds me up and it really shouldn't as it's still cheaper than my Season ticket. Not the same as being there but also not the same price.

Looking at it like that I shouldn't complain, It really should just be the armchair fans who are up in arms but there again why you don't normally get every game live unless you watch via an illegal stream that crashes every two mins and has a shit picture anyway.

I'm talking myself around here aren't I

Yes. I know what I will do come next Sunday no matter how poor I think the whole thing is.

It’s an absolute doddle to stream games, my streams are usually just the Irish Sky Sports so same coverage but with Irish adverts, if it plays up occasionally then I can click NBC or any other channel that shows Premier League, picture quality is decent too, not what you’d get through your tv with a proper Sky/BT subscription but then you aren’t paying for it either. Even with all the options of watching games it’s still nice just to watch Soccer Saturday I think (Or at least it was before they sacked 3 of them).

Pretty sure next weekend the box office channel will appear on the list of channels as it usually does when there’s a big fight on.

They are showing 15 matches in Oct so a total cost of £224.95 on top of what we already pay. All 3 of Villas next games so that will cost you £44.85. Either that or dont watch Villa again for the rest of this month. It stinks.

I voted yes before actually reading the details. Since this is through Sky and BT it's a resounding no. If it were through AVTV, with the money going directly to the club, then I'd be more up for it.

I'm not convinced £15 is a properly economically optimised price in the first place. It's just broadcasters trying to squeeze even more money out of consumers. Time and time again Sky undermine their subscribers, they've absolutely ruined boxing in this country because they make any fucking fight PPV these days. They're a joke.

Thankfully good quality streams are easy to find.

I went to see a baseball game in USA about 20yrs ago. It cost $1 and included free parking. We really are mugs here.

Baseball Ticket costs vary widely across teams, but the average cost is $65.06. Don't forget to add in parking, which costs an average of $16.32 per game.30 Mar 2018.

Not now

I went to see a baseball game in USA about 20yrs ago. It cost $1 and included free parking. We really are mugs here.

I went to see Chicago Cubs 2 years ago, free standing aisle ticket (In other words you stand in the gangways where there’s space as the seats were sold out) and that cost about $40 if I remember right. Not sure who you were watching for a dollar!