£15 Quid a Game. | Page 2 | Vital Football

£15 Quid a Game.

£15 to watch on TV Fair or Not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh and sadly polls are rubbish on this 'new' forum software. Guests used to be able to vote and we had 100's of votes, not only those logged in.

Firestick and off you go. Not sure if there is any other way.

I pay for Sky, BT and Amazon. But no more, not this much. It makes me question the whole thing to be honest.

But then how do you get the footy channels.

I think it's harder to quantify this game by game. If it were a question of, would you pay £570 to watch every villa game this season, I would be inclined to say yes, even if I think that is a steep price to pay.

The biggest problem here is that we have to pay out multiple subscriptions and are not informed in advance as to what those subscriptions are actually worth. If we supported manure or Liverpool, it wouldn't actually be such a bad deal. Most of the time our normal subscriptions would cover it.

I agree Fear it does make you wonder if it's all worth it. I've been following the F1 more this last two seasons, at least it's only one subscription. I get the impression that football thinks it's so big people won't walk away. I hope they are wrong. Their product is not that good. What really pisses me off is the two premiership footballers justifying it on 5 live tonight, both making more in a month than I will do in a decade of work. These same people are the ones who got all indignant when the government called them out to help with their clubs when the lockdown happened.

I'll only pay if we're guaranteed a win every game 😂.

Seriously, though, this will be the end of football as we know (knew?) it. Especially when the gates are closed. So many alternatives; so little connection with local clubs. Loved boxing until it went ppv. Now, I have no idea who (or how many) is/are heavyweight world champion. And I honestly don't have any interest in it. PPV killed it for me. Boxing may continue, but football cannot exist without fans. It's a way of life, an identity, not an occasional watch, if 'your' team is doing well.

Then again, I'd have paid £15+ to watch the Liverpool game last Sunday. (But only if i'd known the result beforehand).

I'm confused. Not unusual. It's been labelled pay to view. That to me means you plonk down £15 and you get to view it. I don't have a Sky or BT subscription, so it doesn't bother me paying that for a couple of hours entertainment following my club. I can see that those already with Sky or BT subscriptions being very unhappy at paying a further £15 per match on top of their subscriptions to view it though.

However, I'm in a haze about the technicalities. Is my assumption above correct? Or does it mean anybody who wants to watch MUST have a Sky or BT subscription, as well as plonking down £15 per match. THAT is terrible. And in that case to my mind it's not pay-to-view and shouldn't be called that; it's something like join-Sky/BT-and-then-pay-more-to-view. Trade description.

I actually took out a NowTv subscription recently as I thought it would be worth it with all the games on, but now they have done this I will be cancelling again and they will get nothing.

I think this feels worse than it is, due to the fact we've been given all the games for free since June.

Had Covid not happened, and we still only had 3 or 4 live games per week (of which villa were rarely chosen) and someone said you could watch every villa game for £15 a match I'm sure a lot would have thought "wow great".

They've kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one by giving it is all for free for so long.

Having said all that £15 does seem steep given that NowTv is £7.99. But then with NowTv it's for games already being broadcast so there's no additional cost to the broadcaster. You'd have to assume that to broadcast a game that wouldn't have been otherwise incurs a cost for them.... Maybe £9.99 would have been fair?

I get it all for free anyway and have done for years so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

With me, I pay about £27 a game for my ST but once it's paid I don't think about it.
It works out about a tenner a week over the year so I'm not too bothered.

This paying for Sky then having to pay extra again winds me up and it really shouldn't as it's still cheaper than my Season ticket. Not the same as being there but also not the same price.

Looking at it like that I shouldn't complain, It really should just be the armchair fans who are up in arms but there again why you don't normally get every game live unless you watch via an illegal stream that crashes every two mins and has a shit picture anyway.

I'm talking myself around here aren't I

No, it's not that we have had it free before, it's the fact that to me anyway £15 for a single match is just too expensive for a TV show. I cannot justify it. If they had been cute and said TV season ticket £50 then maybe OK, but no they think this is like PPV boxing, but it isn't PPV boxing is a once or twice in a year event, this is 38 games.

With me, I pay about £27 a game for my ST but once it's paid I don't think about it.
It works out about a tenner a week over the year so I'm not too bothered.

This paying for Sky then having to pay extra again winds me up and it really shouldn't as it's still cheaper than my Season ticket. Not the same as being there but also not the same price.

Looking at it like that I shouldn't complain, It really should just be the armchair fans who are up in arms but there again why you don't normally get every game live unless you watch via an illegal stream that crashes every two mins and has a shit picture anyway.

I'm talking myself around here aren't I

The clubs are counting on your support 57, that is why they think they can screw you again. As a ST holder they should be offering you the games anyway. But they know that season ticket holders are committed to the club, and so will pay through the nose to follow them. They use exactly the same thinking in releasing a new shirt every year, and now multiple shirts. How much are they now?

I'm confused. Not unusual. It's been labelled pay to view. That to me means you plonk down £15 and you get to view it. I don't have a Sky or BT subscription, so it doesn't bother me paying that for a couple of hours entertainment following my club. I can see that those already with Sky or BT subscriptions being very unhappy at paying a further £15 per match on top of their subscriptions to view it though.

However, I'm in a haze about the technicalities. Is my assumption above correct? Or does it mean anybody who wants to watch MUST have a Sky or BT subscription, as well as plonking down £15 per match. THAT is terrible. And in that case to my mind it's not pay-to-view and shouldn't be called that; it's something like join-Sky/BT-and-then-pay-more-to-view. Trade description.

Yep I am still unclear if this is only accessed IF you already have the platform i.e. Sky or BT. I originally assumed that BOTH would show all games (I have sky so it would be an extra £15 per game). BUT the next 2 villa games have been shared - 1 Sky, 1 BT. So as I don't have BT would I have to buy a £25 monthly pass AND then £15? If so that is ridiculous.

If I didn't have Sky would it cost me say £7.99 for a day Now TV pass and then £15?
Again madness.

They should do an iFollow set-up.

The clubs are counting on your support 57, that is why they think they can screw you again. As a ST holder they should be offering you the games anyway. But they know that season ticket holders are committed to the club, and so will pay through the nose to follow them. They use exactly the same thinking in releasing a new shirt every year, and now multiple shirts. How much are they now?

Bought my son a shirt with his name on for his 40th I think it was £76 with the postage. Total rip off but like me it's his only vice.
To me Villa Park or an away day is a social event, it's not just a game of football it's a day out.

I think this feels worse than it is, due to the fact we've been given all the games for free since June.

But they haven't been free for most people, albeit a good few more are going down the route as you describe, iptv. But for many of us mugs (and we are mugs) we pay sky, bt, amazon.

I am not sure, maybe someone else will be. Does anyone have a freeview set up Is that a box like sky/virgin/bt provide? If so, does it have ppv options?

I could be very wrong, but I would think at the least you need the basic sky sort of set up McParland, pretty sure you don't need sky sports in order to be able to access their ppv, so would think BT are the same.

But they haven't been free for most people, albeit a good few more are going down the route as you describe, iptv. But for many of us mugs (and we are mugs) we pay sky, bt, amazon.

OK maybe free wasn't the right way to put it. What I mean is all games have been available live. That's not normal is it. We usually get 3 or 4 a week and very rarely does that include villa, its mostly the top 6.

So back then if you'd offered fans the chance to watch every one of their teams matches on a pay per view basis a lot would have said yes please.

£15 does seem steep, but as said if NowTv works for them at £7.99 for matches they are already broadcasting, then surely there has to be a premium for games that wouldn't have otherwise been broadcast?

For me, a tenner would have been fair... But as already conceded my opinion provably doesn't count.