12 point appeal | Page 19 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

I saw someone point out the difference between the Maccelsfield hearing and ours is ours is meant to be final and binding with no option of appeal while theirs can be appealed after the fact by Stevenage. That is likely why Barnsley are coming in to ours while Stevenage not into Maccelsfields.

Seems a very plausable theory for the inconsistency.

I thought Macclesfields was an appeal as the efl wasn’t happy. Surely they can’t appeal the appeal if they fail again?

I'll be happy to see the end of this eithier way. The waiting and lingering is more painful than the outcome. Manager, players, potential buyers all hanging in limbo on the result of the appeal. Once the decision is made we know where we stand. Then the admins can really get to work and find us some decent new owners.

Is the penalty just the 12 points or are their additional penalties such as transfer bans and wage caps outside the planned propositions because these will obviously affect the thoughts of potential buyers?

We have heard a two year transfer ban (loans and frees excepted I think) goes along with the 12 points. The thinking is if if the 12 points can be overturned or reduced they will then be in a stronger position to challenge the transfer ban later.
Transfer bans are routinely challenged as it is and are often reduced or removed later on. Mind you I‘m not sure there’s much prospect of us having any cash with which we could take advantage of any success in that area!
Wage caps are not part of the punishment however I‘d thought that this was something the League was looking to introduce across the board anyway ?
I certainly can’t foresee any problems in the application or administration of a wage cap anyway, not with the EFL at the helm....no sirrree

I think we'd all be wise to prepare for the worst tomorrow while hoping for the best. Not because we don't have a good case but this is the EFL and there is no justice in football.

From what i've seen i think if everything was fair and equal we'd get some degree of justice but i'd be stunned if we didn't get shafted.

I'd love to have some faith restored in football tomorrow if we get a favourable decision but i just don't trust the EFL to not somehow work out a way to tilt the scales against us.

Working at Goodwood tomorrow looking after three horses including the World's fastest horse Battaash, if news came through that we won the appeal I would beat him in the excitement!! Pray to God we get true justice!!
We won’t know the outcome tomorrow Exciled. Kendrick spoke to the QC today. Think we will have to sweat for a few more days!

I think we'd all be wise to prepare for the worst tomorrow while hoping for the best. Not because we don't have a good case but this is the EFL and there is no justice in football.

From what i've seen i think if everything was fair and equal we'd get some degree of justice but i'd be stunned if we didn't get shafted.

I'd love to have some faith restored in football tomorrow if we get a favourable decision but i just don't trust the EFL to not somehow work out a way to tilt the scales against us.

The decision will be "reserved" so we will not get to know anything until a further date

Crazy!!! The season will be starting in a few weeks time and the decisions are still up in the air regarding relegation issues.

The decision will be "reserved" so we will not get to know anything until a further date

Crazy!!! The season will be starting in a few weeks time and the decisions are still up in the air regarding relegation issues.

If the decision is made what is the reason they give to not announce it immedietely? Other than to fuck with us more and cause further damage to the club.

WHERE is it taking place ? .....nor round here is it ?....because not sure if it will be allowed to go ahead if you look at the breaking news 😳

For the good of the game. Not just for Wigan we need this to happen. But I think most know the out come now. Sad times to be a latics fan. We know now how poor old Bury felt The game is corrupt from top to bottom.

More than likely a zoom conference.

I bet the EFL will hold it in Barnsleys stadium, where there will be gifts, limo rides and top quality chefs for the independent pannel. But the our QC is not allowed to be on site in person and only allowed to dial in using a 1997 dial up modem for his maximum 6 minutes prior to Barnsleys allocated 10 hour session.