Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 110 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Spurs exodus collects new name

Perisic’s exit will also add to the long list of first-team stars who’ve left Spurs this month
Hugo Lloris (LAFC), Djed Spence (Genoa – loan), Eric Dier (Bayern Munich), Japhet Tanganga (Millwall – loan) and Sergio Reguilon (Brentford – loan) have all departed this month.

Bryan Gil is attracting interest from mainland Europe, while Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has emerged as a target for Napoli.
How are they affording 200k a week??

IF Perisic is in fact a loan, I believe we are now at the limit of players who can be loaned OUT.

1. Reguilon
2. Spence
3. Perisic
4. Ndombele
5. Dier
6. Tanganga
7. Rodon

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure both Phillips and Devine are exempt from the 7 because they are both under 21 and homegrown?

Next season this limit will go down to only 6 players, so we better get rid of a lot of people this summer.

I agree, I have been seriously underwhelmed by Johnson and I can see him going the same way as Sessegnon, however he's still 22 so I'm willing to give him another year. Not looking good so far though.
Out of interest, what would you expect from Johnson?
If we look at the stats, he has 1 goal and 4 assists in 15 games for us. As a 22 year old in a brand new team, that’s gelling but also learning a new tactical approach, I believe that’s a great output.

When I look at him, I think he can become more effective at taking players on & using his pace as much more of a weapon but his crosses are often incredible. He clearly has a high ceiling & if he continues to develop, I think he’ll be incredible for us.

It's nothing short of a crime to have such natural ability and squander it like he has. My opinion about him, from outside looking in, is he is stupid and weak and has been corrupted by outside influences.

He could have been great. His career is over.

It could just be that they're planning ahead, it's still entirely possible that we pass on Werner and not take up the option to buy him in the summer.

Far too soon to be jumping to conclusions.
Absolutely.

Far more likely that he would replace Werner in the summer and replace Son on the left wing over the next few seasons.

This lad on one wing and Johnson on the other. Lots of pace for sure.

He looks like a 50 something year old former star turning out in a charity game.
It's not often I like to be proved correct about our shit signings.
But I can confidently keep my head held high as I have maintained from day one that he would be a waste of space around the place.
Shittest signing of all time.
Bar none.
And I include Timothee Atouba in that list.

I agree, I have been seriously underwhelmed by Johnson and I can see him going the same way as Sessegnon, however he's still 22 so I'm willing to give him another year. Not looking good so far though.
I think next season will be the real test for him.

He’ll have a year under his belt at that stage and will have alot more in the way of expectations.

I’m backing him to become a big, big player for us.

We need another Bissouma. I sort of understand us maybe selling the current Number 5 who for me is not top of the tree. I sometimes think he could be more technically industrious. Hojberg is a great player, I’m not doing him down but I’ve wondered, really since I’ve heard the odd person call his game into question, whether we could get maybe a lot better. He’s a great utility player. Seeing him score makes me doubt my judgement but how often do we see that? Someone of Bissouma‘s quality would be a delight for me. We have some players like Gil who I’m really not sure about. Racing about and not really causing a storm is not my cup of tea but who knows what being in Ange’s hands might bring about. Skipp is a reasonable reserve but not much more for me and it appears the Cobber thinks the same. I would sell Davies too. I know he’s done better lately but unless he’s going to really come alive ( I mean start to scare the opposition by breaking through from the back ) would sell him. Being Welsh doesn’t come into it for me. Roll on the Manky City game.