Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 111 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

We need another Bissouma. I sort of understand us maybe selling the current Number 5 who for me is not top of the tree. I sometimes think he could be more technically industrious. Hojberg is a great player, I’m not doing him down but I’ve wondered, really since I’ve heard the odd person call his game into question, whether we could get maybe a lot better. He’s a great utility player. Seeing him score makes me doubt my judgement but how often do we see that? Someone of Bissouma‘s quality would be a delight for me. We have some players like Gil who I’m really not sure about. Racing about and not really causing a storm is not my cup of tea but who knows what being in Angel’s hands might bring about. Skipp is a reasonable reserve but not much more for me and it appears the Cobber thinks the same. I would sell Davies too. I know he’s done better lately but unless he’s going to really come alive ( I mean start to scare the opposition by breaking through from the back ) would sell him. Being Welsh doesn’t come into it for me. Roll on the Manky City game.
I'm pretty certain that if our plans work out Gil and Hoj are for the exit, before the end of the month. Davies will be here until the summer, unless we got a serious bid - but who is going to buy him now when he could be out for a couple of months?

Supposedly, Alfie Dorrington and Jamie Donley will remain as part of Ange's first-team squad, despite lots of loan enquiries, and will be signing new deals shortly..

Maybe our search for two new midfielders is now over?
Maybe Biss will grow up and be more of a leader on the pitch. Be awesome for the acadamy lads to see their mates getting game time.

IF Perisic is in fact a loan, I believe we are now at the limit of players who can be loaned OUT.

1. Reguilon
2. Spence
3. Perisic
4. Ndombele
5. Dier
6. Tanganga
7. Rodon

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure both Phillips and Devine are exempt from the 7 because they are both under 21 and homegrown?

Next season this limit will go down to only 6 players, so we better get rid of a lot of people this summer.
I think tanganga is exempt too as he is homegrown. Also rodon, tanganga and reggie don’t count in the 7 as they are domestic not international. We have some wiggle room for others to go out on loan

IF Perisic is in fact a loan, I believe we are now at the limit of players who can be loaned OUT.

1. Reguilon
2. Spence
3. Perisic
4. Ndombele
5. Dier
6. Tanganga
7. Rodon

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure both Phillips and Devine are exempt from the 7 because they are both under 21 and homegrown?

Next season this limit will go down to only 6 players, so we better get rid of a lot of people this summer.

Phillips isn’t club trained so according to any sane interpretation of the loan rules they published we’re now over the number allowed in a season. If that’s the case we’re either about to tear up Diers contract or flog Rodon surely?

I think tanganga is exempt too as he is homegrown. Also rodon, tanganga and reggie don’t count in the 7 as they are domestic not international. We have some wiggle room for others to go out on loan

I can never make sense of it.

Player limits - in and out
Teams can have a maximum of eight professionals loaned out and eight loaned in at any given time during the 2022-23 season. This will drop to seven in and seven out in 2023-24, and six for 2024-25 and onwards.

Who’s exempt?
Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players (those who have spent three seasons with their current club between ages of 15 and 21) can be loaned outside of the limit, but both conditions must be met. For example, a 22-year-old club trained player and a 20-year-old foreign player who has only been with the club two years would each take up one of those eight spots.

Does this make Tanganga inside or outside? What are the domestic vs continental differences?

I can never make sense of it.

Player limits - in and out
Teams can have a maximum of eight professionals loaned out and eight loaned in at any given time during the 2022-23 season. This will drop to seven in and seven out in 2023-24, and six for 2024-25 and onwards.

Who’s exempt?
Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players (those who have spent three seasons with their current club between ages of 15 and 21) can be loaned outside of the limit, but both conditions must be met. For example, a 22-year-old club trained player and a 20-year-old foreign player who has only been with the club two years would each take up one of those eight spots.

Does this make Tanganga inside or outside? What are the domestic vs continental differences?
Seems pretty clear in the clarification that anyone over 21 can’t be exempt.

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpeg
    IMG_3350.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
I cannot get my head around that Club Trained player bit. The language throws your mind back and forth. It's been a long week, maybe I'm just tired :surrender:
No. They made it vague enough that they had to clarify it

But with the clarification I really don’t understand how we have 8 players loaned out. Someone needs to buy Levy an abacus

No. They made it vague enough that they had to clarify it

But with the clarification I really don’t understand how we have 8 players loaned out. Someone needs to buy Levy an abacus

Who is the 8th? I counted only 7.

Are we still paying him anything?

There's very little information on it.

Good question. It being classed as a loan implies we are still paying him wages. Unless there has been agreement that we don't pay him either? Unless there is still work being done on terminating his contract but all parties just wanted him to be able to leave and continue his rehab in Croatia in the meantime? It's a very strange one.