Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 108 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Interesting, I'm not sure how I rate The Athletic. They write very eloquently, but quite often way off the mark with their predictions.
That's fair, they often get it wrong, but that can often be because deals can simply slide away in a matter of a couple of phone calls, so it not that they misreport, because at that time on that day they wrote it, it was probably fairly accurate.

The rule is u21 and club trained. It’s misreported all over the shop as or but the actual rule states both things must be true for an exemption.

had a brain fart when I wrote Gil because he’s being linked with loans away despite from my maths us being at the 7 loan max for this season. It’s why the Dier loan is particularly annoying.
It does suggest that a permanent move for Gil back to Spain is on the cards.

That's fair, they often get it wrong, but that can often be because deals can simply slide away in a matter of a couple of phone calls, so it not that they misreport, because at that time on that day they wrote it, it was probably fairly accurate.
Understood, they are journalists after all and it's their job to report on news as it's presented to them. They must get a lot of rubbish thrown at them and have to keep the content coming.

Think that's closer to the truth, supposedly Chelsea haven't given up on signing him yet, they bid 30 mill last day of the summer window for him, but that said I suspect even they didn't know how close they were to breaching the financial rules then...but if they do sell Broja for £50 mill, as he's home-grown, that will give them a lot of room to deal with.

Think that's closer to the truth, supposedly Chelsea haven't given up on signing him yet, they bid 30 mill last day of the summer window for him, but that said I suspect even they didn't know how close they were to breaching the financial rules then...but if they do sell Broja for £50 mill, as he's home-grown, that will give them a lot of room to deal with.

£50m for Broja is ambitious to say the least

It could just be that they're planning ahead, it's still entirely possible that we pass on Werner and not take up the option to buy him in the summer.

Far too soon to be jumping to conclusions.
He's a left sided winger, I imagine he will replace Gil/Perisic.

I'd say Johnson is the current back up to Kulu, which I'm ok with.
I have concluded for some time that our end product from the final third situation is too often not good enough and that we have weaknesses up top that set our bar too low. Whether Nusa plays left side or right, it's for a player that will hopefully raise the standard and move the average ones down the pecking order.

I have concluded for some time that our end product from the final third situation is too often not good enough and that we have weaknesses up top that set our bar too low. Whether Nusa plays left side or right, it's for a player that will hopefully raise the standard and move the average ones down the pecking order.

I agree, I have been seriously underwhelmed by Johnson and I can see him going the same way as Sessegnon, however he's still 22 so I'm willing to give him another year. Not looking good so far though.

Am I right or wrong ere?

Do some of the Spurs fan base, expect things to happen to early for some of new comers? not all players are the same, some instant, some later!

How many time has the expectations been so wrong? in the down remarks of the few, as in to lightweight, not strong enough for the Prem, sell him won't make it, not a Prem player etc, there are very many other jibes.

How many times has this happened over the years, give everyone a bloody chance, as I said earlier not every player is the same, different situations do occur. COYS

Am I right or wrong ere?

Do some of the Spurs fan base, expect things to happen to early for some of new comers? not all players are the same, some instant, some later!

How many time has the expectations been so wrong? in the down remarks of the few, as in to lightweight, not strong enough for the Prem, sell him won't make it, not a Prem player etc, there are very many other jibes.

How many times has this happened over the years, give everyone a bloody chance, as I said earlier not every player is the same, different situations do occur. COYS

I think football fans in general expect too much too soon these days. Football fans also tend to judge younger players with a high standard, but want to see them given more pitch time.

Brennan seems to be a big target online atm, which I do understand in many ways, but he also deserves time to settle and find his place in this team that plays in such a way that doesn't make any one player the focus.

For example, Spurs have 10 players with 2 assists or more. Compare that to City (7), Arsenal (4), Villa (7) or Liverpool (6), it shows that the efforts are spread further throughout the team.

My hopes for Brennan is that he finds confidence in his pace again and that he starts to get more goals.

My hopes for Kulu is that he starts to find consistency in his creative outlet and manages to reach the 10 goal mark for the season.

Both I think are capable of this.

Have to admit, I'm perplexed at the rules now as the Persic move to Split looks to be a loan until the summer, if so seem very odd!

I’ve had to go back over them. I’m worried someone’s not been counting again and we’ll be left with Doherty like egg on our faces once more.
Ok, so my bad. Had to look this up.....

I do think you're onto something here. Take Nusa as an example. We can't buy him and leave him on loan if we've done loan to buys on Gil and Hojbjerg. That is 8 loans?

We're at 7 now which is the max for this season if they're enforcing the rules that they published (8 last season, 6 next season). It's slightly unclear if it's concurrent loans or total players in a season, e.g. if we recall one player can we then loan a different player - or do we have to list the 7 players we're loaning in a season.

I'm hoping it's just concurrent - so we can free up a space if the rumoured permanent transfer of Rodon is picked up this month.

Nusa is interestingly being reported as a deal for the summer by Fab, not explicitly stating we'd buy now and loan him back like he does normally. Does Ex or anyone know if you can do a transfer in advance without involving loaning the player back? ie lock in the transfer terms for the summer?

I agree, I have been seriously underwhelmed by Johnson and I can see him going the same way as Sessegnon, however he's still 22 so I'm willing to give him another year. Not looking good so far though.
It's not looking good, and he's so average at doing the basics; the mountain of improvement he has to climb is enormous; with so much to put right, he would do well to get to halfway.

His price tag was ridiculous but it looks like confidence holding him back and perhaps stamina to do the defensive work and the attacking work? We know he's capable of ridiculous pace, moreso than any player in our team - clocked fastest sprint in the league last season, but he was playing counter attacking football and probably not having to cover as much ground per game. But he doesn't seem confident to knock it past a full back and burn them often enough.

Suspect that will come more with time. I've seen flashes of great potential from him, but also games where I've been severely underwhelmed like United. I know AWB isn't a slouch, but he was on a yellow for a long time and Brennan didn't seem to want to try and take him on.

Johnson has had A LOT of pressure put on his shoulders. Spurs are giants compared to Forest with the level of expectation, nevermind having to change his game to fit in a totally different system to Forest. He'll come good.

I think of many incredible players that took their time in getting going (Van Persie springs to mind!) I think Son only got 4-5 goals for us in his first season too.