Transfers - Jan 2024 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

With the obvious disclaimer that it is early days of under Ange.

Son moving centrally solves that problem but it opens up the question of the left side. Perisic is old, only 1 year left and has never really shown enough consistent quality. Solomon is new and an unknown quantity. Gil while showing occasional sparks has never done enough for us to think that he has long term future. So I will expect us to be linked to Left forwards if not in January then next summer.

Secondly, the cover for VDV and Romero will need to be resolved. If both keep up the current form then it could be more of a punt on an unknown.

Thirdly, we are clearly in the market for another CM given the links to Gallagher. But I'd imagine that would be based upon Hojbjerg moving on.

Fourthly, we will be continuing to pray that some unfortunate club decides for some unknown reason to take Ndombele off of our hands

The final results schedule for the Summer 23 Transfer Window Predictor competition is attached, the competition having finished on 1st September.

Congratulations to Spurs54 who won the predictor by the narrowest of margins from Scott. 54 lead the competition in the early stages, and returned to the top on the last day, by virtue of Spurs purchase of Brennan Johnson, whereby 54 picked up the 15 bonus points for the closest Spurs prediction. Scott was an unlucky loser, missing out by the minimum margin of five points. TQ2 fell back over the closing days of the window to finish third, whilst USA who had trailed throughout produced a storming finish to end up fourth.

Results by participant were as follows;

54 - 55 points - 2 x Wins, 1 x Tied First, 2 x Second, 1 x tied Second, Spurs win bonus
Scott - 50 points - 2 x Wins, 2 x Tied First, 2 x Second, 2 x Tied Second
TQ2 - 45 points - 4 Wins, 1 x Second
USA - 40 points - 4 x Wins
S&J - 35 points - 2 x Wins, 2 x Second, Spurs second bonus
Teddy - 27.5 points - 2 x Wins, 1 x Tied First
Totty - 22.5 points - 1 x Tied First, 3 x Second
PY - 20 points - 1 x Win, 2 x Second
Walt - 15 points - 3 x Second
Gary - 10 points - 1 x Tied First, 1 x Tied Second

I will contact 54 separately re the prixe fund.

Attachments

• mastersched030923.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Absolutely! I'm curious as to where Ange thinks he fits positionally.
Although he’d be more than comfortable in the 6 role, he would be outstanding as an 8, in Sarr’s current position.

There isn’t much he can’t do. He has a great engine to get up and down the pitch. He can tackle. He can pass. He’s a box threat.

As said previously, hopefully he can get back to his level as we then have one hell of a player again.

Son moving centrally solves that problem but it opens up the question of the left side. Perisic is old, only 1 year left and has never really shown enough consistent quality. Solomon is new and an unknown quantity. Gil while showing occasional sparks has never done enough for us to think that he has long term future. So I will expect us to be linked to Left forwards if not in January then next summer.

Secondly, the cover for VDV and Romero will need to be resolved. If both keep up the current form then it could be more of a punt on an unknown.

Thirdly, we are clearly in the market for another CM given the links to Gallagher. But I'd imagine that would be based upon Hojbjerg moving on.

Fourthly, we will be continuing to pray that some unfortunate club decides for some unknown reason to take Ndombele off of our hands
Could we possibly use Ash & Dolly as cover. Both are accomplished defenders in spite of their youth.

Could we possibly use Ash & Dolly as cover. Both are accomplished defenders in spite of their youth.
I guess if push came to shove they could cover for injury in early round cup games and against 'poorer' PL sides but I don't think either are ready to go up against the top PL sides.

I guess if push came to shove they could cover for injury in early round cup games and against 'poorer' PL sides but I don't think either are ready to go up against the top PL sides.
I'm not talking long term just yet. We can always revisit the window in January after all. Talking about cover for the odd game here & there. Integrate them into the match day squad slowly but surely instead of throwing them into the deep end.

I was pretty indifferent when we signed Solomon, my thoughts being why didn't Fulham keep or re-sign him. On Saturday though I thought that he had as good a debut as anybody has had for us in quite a while. He's definitely going to be unpredictable, that will be a mix of good and bad, but there are signs he can develop into a good left sided option. Like the team generally he will have tougher tests than Burnley, but first impression is positive.