Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 109 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Brennan for me...will make it, he is still a nipper! learning is on going! simples!

Moving from a smaller club, sorry NF, to one of the big boys, injuries, getting thrown in the deep end, sink or swim, expectations, pressure, fans jibes if known, has to have a huge impact on one so young.

Give him a bloody chance! as I said earlier he will make it!

Mark my words on this. COYS

Johnson has had A LOT of pressure put on his shoulders. Spurs are giants compared to Forest with the level of expectation, nevermind having to change his game to fit in a totally different system to Forest. He'll come good.

I think of many incredible players that took their time in getting going (Van Persie springs to mind!) I think Son only got 4-5 goals for us in his first season too.
Just read your post tlc, after I posted mine, great minds eh! Lol! COYS

His price tag was ridiculous but it looks like confidence holding him back and perhaps stamina to do the defensive work and the attacking work? We know he's capable of ridiculous pace, moreso than any player in our team - clocked fastest sprint in the league last season, but he was playing counter attacking football and probably not having to cover as much ground per game. But he doesn't seem confident to knock it past a full back and burn them often enough.

Suspect that will come more with time. I've seen flashes of great potential from him, but also games where I've been severely underwhelmed like United. I know AWB isn't a slouch, but he was on a yellow for a long time and Brennan didn't seem to want to try and take him on.
Now , I don’t know , and have no way of knowing , but supposing , just supposing he has an injury that is holding him back .. he was out for a while recently and was rushed back due to our injury “crisis”

It wouldn’t be the first time we have been playing someone that had a problem , but we couldn’t ‘afford ‘ not to play him .

Dier , Son and Rich are the most notable ones …. I’m sure there are others .

The Johnson we have seen lately is not the same as the one that started the season .
Sess went down fast , which was such a shame …., but we all know why know .

Everyone on here is entitled to their opinions , obviously , but he hasn’t become a bad player in the course of Fifteen games when we have only had half the squad available , and very limited options .
He has played on the left and on the right , almost constantly .

I’ve had to go back over them. I’m worried someone’s not been counting again and we’ll be left with Doherty like egg on our faces once more.

We're at 7 now which is the max for this season if they're enforcing the rules that they published (8 last season, 6 next season). It's slightly unclear if it's concurrent loans or total players in a season, e.g. if we recall one player can we then loan a different player - or do we have to list the 7 players we're loaning in a season.

I'm hoping it's just concurrent - so we can free up a space if the rumoured permanent transfer of Rodon is picked up this month.

Nusa is interestingly being reported as a deal for the summer by Fab, not explicitly stating we'd buy now and loan him back like he does normally. Does Ex or anyone know if you can do a transfer in advance without involving loaning the player back? ie lock in the transfer terms for the summer?
That's exactly what Chelsea did last year with Nkunku. They pre-agreed a contract last December (2022) to sign him in the summer of 2023. He did have a buyout clause but I can't see that that is relevant.

Now , I don’t know , and have no way of knowing , but supposing , just supposing he has an injury that is holding him back .. he was out for a while recently and was rushed back due to our injury “crisis”

It wouldn’t be the first time we have been playing someone that had a problem , but we couldn’t ‘afford ‘ not to play him .

The Johnson we have seen lately is not the same as the one that started the season .

Everyone on here is entitled to their opinions , obviously , but he hasn’t become a bad player in the course of Fifteen games when we have only had half the squad available , and very limited options .
Your final line Walt, spot on = dropped in the deep end. COYS

I’ve had to go back over them. I’m worried someone’s not been counting again and we’ll be left with Doherty like egg on our faces once more.

We're at 7 now which is the max for this season if they're enforcing the rules that they published (8 last season, 6 next season). It's slightly unclear if it's concurrent loans or total players in a season, e.g. if we recall one player can we then loan a different player - or do we have to list the 7 players we're loaning in a season.

I'm hoping it's just concurrent - so we can free up a space if the rumoured permanent transfer of Rodon is picked up this month.

Nusa is interestingly being reported as a deal for the summer by Fab, not explicitly stating we'd buy now and loan him back like he does normally. Does Ex or anyone know if you can do a transfer in advance without involving loaning the player back? ie lock in the transfer terms for the summer?

So it's the 7 on the official website?

Reggie, Dier, Rodon, Spence, Tanguy, Japhet, Phillips

Only Phillips fits the U21 bucket, so I'm guessing that might be the only grey area. The definitions definitely said Home Trained AND U21 though.

Unless the exemption could be where you buy a player but leave them at their current club. Thinking about it, that wouldn't be a bad rule.

His price tag was ridiculous but it looks like confidence holding him back and perhaps stamina to do the defensive work and the attacking work? We know he's capable of ridiculous pace, moreso than any player in our team - clocked fastest sprint in the league last season, but he was playing counter attacking football and probably not having to cover as much ground per game. But he doesn't seem confident to knock it past a full back and burn them often enough.

Suspect that will come more with time. I've seen flashes of great potential from him, but also games where I've been severely underwhelmed like United. I know AWB isn't a slouch, but he was on a yellow for a long time and Brennan didn't seem to want to try and take him on.
Brennan plays like a bottle job as he often does in our colours.

I mentioned this point in the match thread, with an hour playing against Bissaka on a yellow, but showed little intent to take him on. I felt that even if he had tried, one of his many other drawbacks would come into play. At this time, he is way off the level of a starting place in a top-four team.

The simple answer to that is yes, we can, as long as his registration isn't changed through the official channels, so all parties can sign an MOU, and depending on the terms could or could not be binding, neither of which matters if we don't make the deal 'official' by registering it - it just becomes a pre-contract.

Yeah this was always a reach for this window I think....maybe summer.
As I've said a number of times, I was advocating for him way back in his days on loan at WBA but don't now believe it will ever happen, not moving to us anyway. We should forget him and look at other options.

Fri 19 January 2024, 14:15|Tottenham Hotspur

We have reached agreement with HNK Hajduk Split for the loan of Ivan Perisic for the remainder of the season.
The versatile left-sided player appeared in each of our first six games of the season, registering two assists, before he suffered a complex anterior cruciate ligament injury in September.
Having joined us in May, 2022, the Croatia international went on to make exactly 50 appearances for the Club, scoring one goal and providing 14 assists.
We wish Ivan all the best for the future.

Spurs exodus collects new name

Perisic’s exit will also add to the long list of first-team stars who’ve left Spurs this month
Hugo Lloris (LAFC), Djed Spence (Genoa – loan), Eric Dier (Bayern Munich), Japhet Tanganga (Millwall – loan) and Sergio Reguilon (Brentford – loan) have all departed this month.

Bryan Gil is attracting interest from mainland Europe, while Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has emerged as a target for Napoli.

I agree Walt. I can’t help but remember his first game for us and the pretty much instant impact he made. From a high diagonal cross field pass he brought the ball down at knee height and then smashed the ball in the net. What a great goal, what a great impact, only for it to be ruled offside. Now that Johnson is the one we all bought into and that’s the one we want to see. I cling on to form is temporary and class is permanent. I hope we will not be disappointed after such early promise!