Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 23 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

I don't think that happens next year under new system.
But I could be wrong.

I interviewed a famous (German) politician a few years ago and said that to him. He replied, "it's always next time, isn't it". RIP, LB.

There will still be ups and downs, Spurs have 3 or 4 really hard games in a row.

With that said I’ve accepted now we’re finishing 5th. We don’t have killer instinct enough, we get comfortable and complacent far too easily. And in big games we just have not shown up. Those two facts are what separate us from the best teams.

There will still be ups and downs, Spurs have 3 or 4 really hard games in a row.

With that said I’ve accepted now we’re finishing 5th. We don’t have killer instinct enough, we get comfortable and complacent far too easily. And in big games we just have not shown up. Those two facts are what separate us from the best teams.

I just don't get that at all .

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but Konsa is not a right back and often loses his man whilst wanting and looking to go inside, where he normally plays.

On a positive note Spurs are so unpredicable and prone to bottling games, we are still in it!

I still don't know what the fuck happened. We just stopped playing for 10 minutes and they battered us.

I'm still in shock.

2-0 up at home. I'd have bet my house on us controlling the game to the last minute.

How? Why? What the fuck?
Complacency. Tapping it around and enjoying ourselves. Just got way too comfortable. City rarely ever take their foot off the gas. We do and often.

Does anyone honestly believe we'll be fit for CL football next year???
Doesn't matter though as some would say. All about the money. Not something I would subscribe to, prefer to be winning any trophy but the modern fan just want us in that competition regardless of chances .

We really don't know how to break momentum of teams. Conceding 2 goals in 2 mins shows a mentality problem, it was the same in the luton game, the boxing day united game, both Newcastle games, capitulations once the opposition got momentum going. Folding faster than superman on laundry day. Its like we go into shock - need someone to settle things, even at the kick off again, hold it for a minute, get us back settled, take the sting away. Maybe unai could make a substitution to break momentum.

Not wanting to sound defeatist, 5th would still be progress for us, sure it's a kick in the bollix since we've been 4th or higher for a considerable amount of time. But Its not over. Spurs are spursy but in typical villa fashion, we beat teams we're not meant to and drop points when we shouldn't either.
Hoping the gap between us and united stays at 12 points by tomorrow evening, spurs have a horrendous run coming and will drop points too.
Wouldn't consider many of our remaining games easy gimmes either, but this is one hell of a ride!

Does anyone honestly believe we'll be fit for CL football next year???

A lot of the teams in the expanded CL are quite poor. You have the superclubs like Real and Barca, Bayern Munich but below that, the quality drops off sharply.

We will also have a lot of players coming back from injury.

We really don't know how to break momentum of teams. Conceding 2 goals in 2 mins shows a mentality problem, it was the same in the luton game, the boxing day united game, both Newcastle games, capitulations once the opposition got momentum going. Folding faster than superman on laundry day. Its like we go into shock - need someone to settle things, even at the kick off again, hold it for a minute, get us back settled, take the sting away. Maybe unai could make a substitution to break momentum.

Not wanting to sound defeatist, 5th would still be progress for us, sure it's a kick in the bollix since we've been 4th or higher for a considerable amount of time. But Its not over. Spurs are spursy but in typical villa fashion, we beat teams we're not meant to and drop points when we shouldn't either.
Hoping the gap between us and united stays at 12 points by tomorrow evening, spurs have a horrendous run coming and will drop points too.
Wouldn't consider many of our remaining games easy gimmes either, but this is one hell of a ride!
I could argue that we have gained 3 points from the Luton and todays game - big game experience - we have zero apart from beating a shyte Derby team and then staying up - last year’s qualification for the euro conference has helped

I don't know what will happen from now on in, but if people don't think we need to rely on other results, you're fucking deluded.

We're really making hard work of "taking care of our own business"
Could other teams be making hard work for us - I agree today was dropping the ball - to think we dispatched wolves was a surprise to me - it’s their cup final this last season or so

Could it do more damage than good tho Fulford? A few heavy beatings - bottom of the league etc etc - we haven’t really pulled up trees in the Euro conference

It's the only way we can close the gap on the top 3. We need better players than we've currently got.