👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

Just a thought, we do allow the opposition to sit deep, bus park, 10 at the back, this pressing system is not working, somehow we have to play in such away that encourages them to come out.

The strange thing is, is that if you look at our first nine games before Chelsea we dominated the second halves of every game. So we were pretty well at full pelt for 90 minutes in all those games.

So what's happened in the Wolves, Villa and West Ham matches? Is it a lack of energy? And so early in the season?

One thing I am looking forward to is the return of Sarr on Sunday. He will make a big difference. His contribution to the team is so often underrrated. His pressing, closing down opponents, ball carrying etc., is relentless for 90 minutes. He keeps going when others flag. I think Biss will be glad to get him playing alongside him again.

Your call on Sarr is spot on. We've missed him so badly. The only other player that has his attributes is Bents, and we know the score there.

If you can't get either Sarr or Bents in with Biss, then you have to do it slightly differently and pair him with Gio. That means Kulu should come inside with Gio and Donley should be on standby from the bench.

I'm done with Hoj. At one point last night, he lost the ball and watched his team mates try to recover his error. They couldn't and WHam got free. Hoj hadn't even dropped in for them and then didn't bother sprinting back when they were ahead of play.

You just don't need players with that crappy attitude in your ranks. It's such a recurring theme with him.

Son likes to run onto a through ball ...if a team parks then he does not get that sort of space.....unless Maddison is playing!

The guy is 6ft. He needs to lose his cowardice and start getting in where it hurts if he wants to convince us he can play number 9.

Otherwise, we should sell at the end of this season, probably to some rich Saudi's who want an Asian brand in their team.

When you think of the numbers touted for Salah, it would be hard to resist a stupid offer.

The guy is 6ft. He needs to lose his cowardice and start getting in where it hurts if he wants to convince us he can play number 9.

Otherwise, we should sell at the end of this season, probably to some rich Saudi's who want an Asian brand in their team.

When you think of the numbers touted for Salah, it would be hard to resist a stupid offer.
I think you are right, our rebuild won't be complete until we replace Son (and Kane effectively) but it must be with a proven striker early to mid twenties ideally.

I don't buy into the idea that we must replace every single player. I agree Son should be doing better but replace him with who exactly?
I'm not suggesting we replace him right now, I'm saying he will need replacing before the rebuild is complete. That could be 3 windows away yet at least.

I'm not suggesting we replace him right now, I'm saying he will need replacing before the rebuild is complete. That could be 3 windows away yet at least.
I understand the calls to replace the likes of Davies & Dier but the very notion we should replace our skipper is completely barking. Down the line when he's served us well, perhaps. Until then we ought to utilise him better than we have. Ange, over to you.

I understand the calls to replace the likes of Davies & Dier but the very notion we should replace our skipper is completely barking. Down the line when he's served us well, perhaps. Until then we ought to utilise him better than we have. Ange, over to you.
He has served us well already, nothing can change that, but like it or not he is on a decline now, not helped by all of the travelling he does for international matches. In 3 plus windows time he will be approaching what, 34 years of age, and we need to be succession planning in the not too distant future. I wonder if Solomon and/or Johnson were brought in for the purpose of succeeding him on the left but we also need to plan for the future of the number 9 position, Richarlison clearly isn't the answer. We have Veliz and Lankshear as young possibilities, we also have Parrott and Scarlett out on loan but I can't see either of them making it to the top level.

He has served us well already, nothing can change that, but like it or not he is on a decline now, not helped by all of the travelling he does for international matches. In 3 plus windows time he will be approaching what, 34 years of age, and we need to be succession planning in the not too distant future. I wonder if Solomon and/or Johnson were brought in for the purpose of succeeding him on the left but we also need to plan for the future of the number 9 position, Richarlison clearly isn't the answer. We have Veliz and Lankshear as young possibilities, we also have Parrott and Scarlett out on loan but I can't see either of them making it to the top level.
It's a difficult one. Yeah in one sense it's good business acumen to cash in now but he's far too good a player to consider replacing at this time. I'd be looking to keep him for a while yet.

Of all the players we should be replacing it's the likes of Ndombele, Dier & Davies that really ought to be moved on. Dier may well go next month, Davies in the summer. Ndombele however remains an anchor around our neck.

It's a difficult one. Yeah in one sense it's good business acumen to cash in now but he's far too good a player to consider replacing at this time. I'd be looking to keep him for a while yet.

Of all the players we should be replacing it's the likes of Ndombele, Dier & Davies that really ought to be moved on. Dier may well go next month, Davies in the summer. Ndombele however remains an anchor around our neck.
Agree and there are a few others to move on as well. Looks like Leeds might look to make Rodon permanent, maybe Spence too if he performs well coming back from injury. I've a feeling we will end up having to bite the bullet and pay up the rest of Ndombele's contract to get rid.

Davies will finish his career at Spurs, who will have no intention of selling him anytime soon. A bloody good pro who gets on with the job irrespective of his role, but who is now thirty plus, he is more valuable to Spurs as a utility player, and that's not been lost on a succession of managers.

Son likes to run onto a through ball ...if a team parks then he does not get that sort of space.....unless Maddison is playing!
Absolutely right Greavesie. The Son we see when he has the space to run on to the sort of quality thru balls that Eriksen, Kane and Maddison have all provided him with over the years, is a very different player from the Son we saw last night.

Davies will finish his career at Spurs, who will have no intention of selling him anytime soon. A bloody good pro who gets on with the job irrespective of his role, but who is now thirty plus, he is more valuable to Spurs as a utility player, and that's not been lost on a succession of managers.
Davies in this system is akin to a square peg in a round hole. Nice guy, consummate pro but ultimately lacking where it matters most. If the right offer was to come i reckon he'd be off.

I like Ange, i'm not keen to see another good coach leave us. He is a good coach but he has to prove it to us. No good talking about past successes or future ambitions, he needs to focus on the here & now or else his time with us will-be-cut-short.

Levy aint stupid...the here and now will be when we have all of our top players back in the team ....if it stays 'harum scarum' until then,then so be it....I am prepared to wait as are most of us on here. If we had not started so well many on here would be saying 5th at this stage of the rebuild is much better than we could have hoped for and above all our expectations after the three monkeys we have had before Ange! We all need to get real