👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

Regards Angie...I still trust him!

Lessons being learnt! him and players!

He has only been wiv us for 5mins.

It was said prior it was always going to be a bumpy ride, we are there! 1st bumps, suspensions n injuries, extortionate, not helping, the amount not really allowed for, but we will get there.

The Angie Out Brigade...why don't you give your thoughts after he has the squad he wants?
I don't think anyone wants him out, do they?

He is now, our only way forward.

I don't think anyone wants him out, do they?

He is now, our only way forward.
The "Angie Out Brigade" wiv their "I told you so attitude" are simmering under the surface.

Yes he is now, our only way forward.

So its over to you now Mr Levy and your purse strings, try very hard to get the peops/players Angie wants, then the smiles will be back.

The "Angie Out Brigade" wiv their "I told you so attitude" are simmering under the surface.

Yes he is now, our only way forward.

So its over to you now Mr Levy and your purse strings, try very hard to get the peops/players Angie wants, then the smiles will be back.

I say again, who wants him out, I've not heard that from anyone yet! So who are they?

Back this man, let him build his squad.

BIG Ange's Blue and White army.

I am with you....losing AP would spell the end of this club and I think we should be relegated if that happens.

My ONLY tweak for AP would be to start playing the youngsters....get them in and get them going. I have to believe he understands that some of these players like PEH, Skipp, Dier, Davies, Rich, etc....etc....simply are not good enough.
Nothing to lose, go for it I say.

For everyone on here that thinks sacking AP is the right idea....or are starting to...

Please tell me who the hell would we bring in? Who the hell would want to come to Spurs.

Make no mistake, AP WANTED to come to Spurs and he WANTS to do this rebuild. (and yeah it is a rebuild...not sure how that was lost in all this)

Saying it again...if this club sacks AP....we would be fucked and I mean epically.

For everyone on here that thinks sacking AP is the right idea....or are starting to...

Please tell me who the hell would we bring in? Who the hell would want to come to Spurs.

Make no mistake, AP WANTED to come to Spurs and he WANTS to do this rebuild. (and yeah it is a rebuild...not sure how that was lost in all this)

Saying it again...if this club sacks AP....we would be fucked and I mean epically.

....but nobody is saying sack Ange. That devil's advocate narrative was just made up by the very pro Ange brigade.

It's like labelling a neutral American as anti-Biden.

....but nobody is saying sack Ange. That devil's advocate narrative was just made up by the very pro Ange brigade.

It's like labelling a neutral American as anti-Biden.

Jeez don't bring Politics into it: this is a country where Trump the crook and wannabe dictator, is their main contender for President. If that happens, God help us all!!

Ouch, I can certainly understand why.

What was your take on the game as a whole? Is there anything you can take away besides calamitous defending and awful finishing?

I think it's all been said - our one dimensional tactical play, or if you prefer our lack of tactical variation in our attack, (poor defensive mistakes/bad luck) i.e the persistence of over-playing/playing through the middle when spam's defence is so good was very frustrating and we all felt it.

During half time, we were all begging him to change tack early, as by then our nerves were shredded and our confidence waned ..and we'd seen our passing get slightly sloppy as our energy levels dropped.

What I now think/know today is that we may well find some players were/are seriously pissed off with his post match comments - it's so similar to Conte's comments after we chucked a lead away and Hoj publicly asked what players was he pointing the fingers at - think along those lines; questioning their commitment/conviction was not the smartest ever after a painful defeat in my view.

The players gave their all, but didn't take the chances we had to kill them off, you can't keep that pressing and tempo for 90 mins and rely on a one goal lead, when Spam scored, almost to a man in my group, we all feared the worst, which of course did come.

I think it's all been said - our one dimensional tactical play, or if you prefer our lack of tactical variation in our attack, (poor defensive mistakes/bad luck) i.e the persistence of over-playing/playing through the middle when spam's defence is so good was very frustrating and we all felt it.

During half time, we were all begging him to change tack early, as by then our nerves were shredded and our confidence waned ..and we'd seen our passing get slightly sloppy as our energy levels dropped.

What I now think/know today is that we may well find some players were/are seriously pissed off with his post match comments - it's so similar to Conte's comments after we chucked a lead away and Hoj publicly asked what players was he pointing the fingers at - think along those lines; questioning their commitment/conviction was not the smartest ever after a painful defeat in my view.

The players gave their all, but didn't take the chances we had to kill them off, you can't keep that pressing and tempo for 90 mins and rely on a one goal lead, when Spam scored, almost to a man in my group, we all feared the worst, which of course did come.
I think that's a very good summary, you can see that Ange is feeling the pressure now.

It was incredibly clear how the game was going to pan out with very little respite for our players at all. Even City and Liverpiss have moments in the game where they contain and control the match.

Interesting times ahead this January!

I've just read his interview again and he hasn't said anything that any other manager would say in the circumstances.

He said we played poorly in both penalty areas. If he said he was happy in either respect we'd think he was barmy.

He doesn't question the players' commitment at all. He questions their conviction but conviction in the sense of their self-belief. And also a tendency to sit back and wait for things to happen. Well, that's a trait that has run through this team for many years. It's not something he can change overnight.

Son has already come out and said the players performance was unacceptable and they should take responsibility.

We've lost three games by a one-goal margin. In between we had a great result at Man City. Chelsea was an aberration that we're unlikely to see for a long time.

We're in the midst of a bad run. It's not a drama.

I think that's a very good summary, you can see that Ange is feeling the pressure now.

It was incredibly clear how the game was going to pan out with very little respite for our players at all. Even City and Liverpiss have moments in the game where they contain and control the match.

Interesting times ahead this January!
When you look at the energy that was put into the first half it's clear that in doing this you have to make it count and build a comfortable lead before you run out of steam and switch to contain and control mode, we just aren't taking our chances to get that lead.

I've just read his interview again and he hasn't said anything that any other manager would say in the circumstances.

He said we played poorly in both penalty areas. If he said he was happy in either respect we'd think he was barmy.

He doesn't question the players' commitment at all. He questions their conviction but conviction in the sense of their self-belief. And also a tendency to sit back and wait for things to happen. Well, that's a trait that has run through this team for many years. It's not something he can change overnight.

Son has already come out and said the players performance was unacceptable and they should take responsibility.

We've lost three games by a one-goal margin. In between we had a great result at Man City. Chelsea was an aberration that we're unlikely to see for a long time.

We're in the midst of a bad run. It's not a drama.
How many times did we see Kane come out after a poor result and say the same things! I do believe Ange is bringing about a change but it will take a little time.

When you look at the energy that was put into the first half it's clear that in doing this you have to make it count and build a comfortable lead before you run out of steam and switch to contain and control mode, we just aren't taking our chances to get that lead.
The strange thing is, is that if you look at our first nine games before Chelsea we dominated the second halves of every game. So we were pretty well at full pelt for 90 minutes in all those games.

So what's happened in the Wolves, Villa and West Ham matches? Is it a lack of energy? And so early in the season?

One thing I am looking forward to is the return of Sarr on Sunday. He will make a big difference. His contribution to the team is so often underrrated. His pressing, closing down opponents, ball carrying etc., is relentless for 90 minutes. He keeps going when others flag. I think Biss will be glad to get him playing alongside him again.

Last edited:
Where do the goals come from?

Johnson hasn't got his shooting boots on yet, Sarr/Hoj/Bissouma can't hit a bar door, Kulu will give us 8 or 9 this year probably, Lo Celso isn't exactly a goal scored.

Besides Son, we're fairly blunt in attack! (Richie doesn't count either!)

Where do the goals come from?

Johnson hasn't got his shooting boots on yet, Sarr/Hoj/Bissouma can't hit a bar door, Kulu will give us 8 or 9 this year probably, Lo Celso isn't exactly a goal scored.

Besides Son, we're fairly blunt in attack! (Richie doesn't count either!)
It's been an age old problem, we've never had anyone other than Kane with a decent shot on them and willing to use it, even Son generally relies on placed shots rather than sheer power.