Summer transfer thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I think the figure quoted for last season was over 7k. If that is right then we must have sold nearer 8k this year so far.

They announced on the 28th July last year that sales were nearing 6k and were expected to continue to rise, MB has said that they had already exceeded last years total so I would expect us to be somewhere between 7K and 8K by the season opener.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/july/Latics-approaching-6K-2021-22-Season-Ticket-Sales

I think Brannigans exact quote about our current number was worded carefully saying 'sales are up on this time last season'.

If we had already exceeded last seasons total he wouldn't have had added the qualifier in there, so if we were approaching 6k at the end of July last year i imagine our current number at the end of June is probably around the rumoured 6k.

I think Brannigans exact quote about our current number was worded carefully saying 'sales are up on this time last season'.

If we had already exceeded last seasons total he wouldn't have had added the qualifier in there, so if we were approaching 6k at the end of July last year i imagine our current number at the end of June is probably around the rumoured 6k.
No king it was misquoted by Kendrick and corrected later!He actually said it was higher than the final total last year

Might lump some money on Shrews getting promoted, had some good form second half of last season and signed two players that got promoted before.

I think Shrews will be better but i wouldn't fancy them for promotion as there is so much competition.

Sheff Wed and Ipswich i think will be very strong for the top 2.

Then you expect Peterborough, MK, Wycombe to run them close.

Then you've got the likes of Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth, Pompey, Charlton in the mix.

Then depending on what happens with Derby they could be a real wildcard.

I'm glad we went up as i think this year will be even more competitive.

Egyptian Goalkeeper Mahmoud Gad next signing apparently according to a tweet by EPL World that was liked by Oliver Gottman

Egyptian Goalkeeper Mahmoud Gad next signing apparently according to a tweet by EPL World that was liked by Oliver Gottman

I think his club said there has been no contact.

I'm not sure we'd get a work permit either.

Reminds me of that rumour about the Turkish striker a year ago that turned out to be nothing.

Apparently Watt's has been told he can go out on loan and we are one of several clubs interested.

For me he is a good L1 stopper but for the left hand side of a back 3 in the Championship you need someone better on the ball.

I think he was our 4th best centre back last season and ideally we want to bring in someone better than the 3 we currently have.

Apparently Watt's has been told he can go out on loan and we are one of several clubs interested.

For me he is a good L1 stopper but for the left hand side of a back 3 in the Championship you need someone better on the ball.

I think he was our 4th best centre back last season and ideally we want to bring in someone better than the 3 we currently have.
Well there is not alot of championship clubs interested apart from us, after 2 full seasons in league one. He started off very strong but like you said, latter half he was our 4th best.

Well there is not alot of championship clubs interested apart from us, after 2 full seasons in league one. He started off very strong but like you said, latter half he was our 4th best.

I think that probably coincide with the style of play evolving. At the start when we were 4 at the back and not asking the defenders to play out and going long all the time, the ball was constantly coming straight back at us so it played to Watts' strengths in aerial battles.

But as we started to change system, trying to play more football and centre backs asked to be more on the ball it didn't suit him as much.

I can't see how we'd get a work permit for a player not yet capped by his country. Non starter I suspect.