The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 78 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

well if we're planning to bring in a centrehalf (or two) who'll be starters then I can't imagine Mings wanting to sit on the bench watching (like Targett).
I'd imagine value wise he's near his peak now and likely heading downhill from now on - like every other position we have if we can bring in better and sell on at a good price we should do it

Yup. I wouldn't be wanting to sell Mings either.

I'd give the lump away tbh if he's our best CB it's no bloody wonder we've lost half of our games.
I think the arrival of Chambers who is hardly a player any of us would have given a second thought about before he signed, has shown that our current pairing is rank average and Chambers is equal to either of them.
The real problem area for me now is the CB's Konsa is out until September and Mings is a liability. I think SG knows this and will act on it or we are in for more of the same next season I'm afraid

I'd give the lump away tbh if he's our best CB it's no bloody wonder we've lost half of our games.
I think the arrival of Chambers who is hardly a player any of us would have given a second thought about before he signed, has shown that our current pairing is rank average and Chambers is equal to either of them.
The real problem area for me now is the CB's Konsa is out until September and Mings is a liability. I think SG knows this and will act on it or we are in for more of the same next season I'm afraid

I don't think next season is going to be anything like this last one defensively now that a proper DM has been brought into the club.
Under Dean Smith Luiz was preferred over Nakamba to play DM, even though he isn't a DM, he's more of a central midfielder. SG has had to play Luiz there after Nakamba's injury, although after the January window I'd have played Chambers,with young Tim getting minutes on a regular basis in a two man midfield base.
If Luiz were to sign a new contract extension I wouldn't be disappointed as long as he was played further forward but, at the same time I wouldn't be disappointed if he were sold. The same with Chuky.

I don't think next season is going to be anything like this last one defensively now that a proper DM has been brought into the club.
Under Dean Smith Luiz was preferred over Nakamba to play DM, even though he isn't a DM, he's more of a central midfielder. SG has had to play Luiz there after Nakamba's injury, although after the January window I'd have played Chambers,with young Tim getting minutes on a regular basis in a two man midfield base.
If Luiz were to sign a new contract extension I wouldn't be disappointed as long as he was played further forward but, at the same time I wouldn't be disappointed if he were sold. The same with Chuky.

Sorry, mate a CB that makes mistakes every game and fails to command will still cost us regardless of who is in front of them.

Like the idea of a hard as nails centre half - a player you could trust in the trenches - something we haven’t got at the back at the moment - maybe only mings ?

I'm undecided as to whether we need the tough as nails centre half or a technical one that can play out from the back. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Tarkowski either way especially on a free.

I'm undecided as to whether we need the tough as nails centre half or a technical one that can play out from the back. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Tarkowski either way especially on a free.
Well if Gerrard is trying to turn us into a possession based team we will definitely need the 2nd type of CB, who has the ability to pass the ball out under pressure

Newcastle were linked to him in January but nothing came of it. Not seen him play myself but looks as tall as Crouchy which isnt a bad thing for a CB

I couldn't pick him out of a line up but Newcastle pushed the boat out to sign him. He wasn't having it.