The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 77 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

agree. it may also have had a jolly element too , or at least you'd like to think so ;)

Actually no to it being a "jolly" it was a serious business trip.
SG was there to sell his plan and Purslow to negotiate the money, £150k a week I believe he was asking for.

Now for a CB.
A suggestion I made previously might be made easier with Ten Hag becoming manager of Man U.
Lisandro Martinez of Ajax, a 24 year old Argentine international, who plays left side CB and LB or DM.
With Emi's 1&2 in our squad they could whisper in his ear.
Or there is Lucas Hernandez of Bayern Munich.
He's a 26 year old French international who is also a left sided CB, who can also play LB.

I see a lot of posters are ready to get rid of Morgan Sanson.
I think that would be a big mistake just now.
The guy's had some bad luck with injuries and only been used sparingly when he has been fit.
In those infrequent appearances he has shown good touches and ability.
If it's really true that we have signed Kamara from Marseille they, Kamara and Sanson, have played together quite a bit and knowing each other well it will only help Kamara settle in all the quicker.
Sanson is also cover for McGinn, who will be released from his defensive covering with Kamara in the team, to play in his more natural further forward position, where he is far more effective.

The guy's had some bad luck with injuries and only been used sparingly when he has been fit.
If it's really true that we have signed Kamara from Marseille they, Kamara and Sanson, have played together quite a bit and knowing each other well it will only help Kamara settle in all the quicker.
Sanson is also cover for McGinn, who will be released from his defensive covering with Kamara in the team, to play in his more natural further forward position, where he is far more effective.

I think the reasons posters talk about Sanson leaving (including myself) is because our last two managers just haven’t fancied him to even give him a good run in the team so it looks inevitable. From the limited amount of game time I’ve seen him play, he looks talented and has a certain quality, but there is something that we aren’t seeing behind the scenes that means SG doesn’t fancy him and Smith was the same. The other dilemma is that he plays in the same position is Ramsey, who has outperformed any other midfielder overall this season.

I don’t know if he has an attitude problem or wants to be back in France, I suspect he’s struggled to settle in the middle of England after living on the south coast of France would be my hunch.

I doubt its people wanting him out because they think he's crap. Most people I've seen think he's done well enough in the limited time he's had. I think its more that its obvious he is going to be off than wanting him to be off. Gerrard seemingly wants him gone so he's going to be on his way.

This is just my opinion but we'd probably have been better off bringing him on instead of Marvelous yesterday. Someone better on the ball was needed rather than a pure destroyer.

I think Sanson will be one of the first out of the door.
Yes be a cut price £8m job - bit like Samatta - hopefully we are ruthless with a couple more aswell - the time has come to move a few on - can balance the books after signing Couthino and Kamara and Digne for £40m - Luiz and Targett looks the likely candidates for that outlay. One thing for sure is in the middle of defence - has to change. Do you cash in on Mings?

If Gerrard really does want a possession based game, the likes of Sanson and his calmness on the ball when he's actually played must surely mean we keep him

Maybe , but first Smith and now Gerrard fancied him for whatever reason , so on that basis I can't see any sense in keeping him.

I really liked Sanson and thought it was a shame he never got more game time. But as has been mentioned before thats 2 managers now that hasnt really fancied him so we might aswel get rid. I reckon we'll keep Luiz, as much as he frustrates me he would be a good squad player and you never know. He might click as a player now we have a proper deep lying player.

When SG came in, he was on record and said that he saw Sanson as a very important player gong forwards.

Obviously injuries have hampered the boy, but the fact that he's barely featured even when fit would suggest SG has maybe revised his opinion. Sanson hasn't even had 5 minutes at the end of games just to get on the pitch while the likes of Tim and Chucky have featured more.

To us a popular Vital refrain from the past few days... baffling (the lack of Sanson game time, not that Tim/Chucky were selected).

Not sure what the deal is with Sanson but he appears to be well down the pecking order for some reason or another. We need players who can compete to make the team better and unfortunately with Sanson although he looks like a tidy player he doesn’t seem capable of forcing his way into the side

Yes be a cut price £8m job - bit like Samatta - hopefully we are ruthless with a couple more aswell - the time has come to move a few on - can balance the books after signing Couthino and Kamara and Digne for £40m - Luiz and Targett looks the likely candidates for that outlay. One thing for sure is in the middle of defence - has to change. Do you cash in on Mings?
I’d 100% keep Mings - he’s been our best CB this season and is also a key leader at the back and captain, we’d be shooting ourselves in the foot if we sold him. We do need a new centre back though and have done for a while, and it should be for Mings/Konsa to fight it out for the second CB spot with Chambers as a utility back up rather than going for a like-for-like transfer

I’d 100% keep Mings - he’s been our best CB this season and is also a key leader at the back and captain, we’d be shooting ourselves in the foot if we sold him. We do need a new centre back though and have done for a while, and it should be for Mings/Konsa to fight it out for the second CB spot with Chambers as a utility back up rather than going for a like-for-like transfer

I fully agree. We need to be a bit smarter with our transfers. We should only be looking to sell players when we get big bids for them.