The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 76 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

Tarkowski will be snapped up now Burnley have been flushed down the toilet, but is what we want?

29 years old, no doubt he's a solid CB but I wonder if we'll be aiming higher than that.

It goes back to the “defenders defend” vs. “defenders are a key part of how you play” debate.

He’d be perfect for West Ham, us I’m not so sure, I don’t think he’d be comfortable in a high line. The way SG is looking to set us up that seems like it’ll be a requirement.

Tarkowski will be snapped up now Burnley have been flushed down the toilet, but is what we want?

29 years old, no doubt he's a solid CB but I wonder if we'll be aiming higher than that.
He's on a free regardless,it's about time we got these players in even if only to sell on.
Some think Chambers is better than we had so Tarkowski definitely is but as I said before there will be a queue of 14 or so clubs , probably including Newcastle

Reportedly Jack didn't.
Reportedly Coutinho hasn't.

And whether it's PR or not, quite a few players over the years have admitted they could've earnt more but believed in a manager/plan more and that drove their choice knowing they were already well rewarded.
we.re dealing with a free transfer here , i imagine we are offering better wages than the others (athletico etc)

we.re dealing with a free transfer here , i imagine we are offering better wages than the others (athletico etc)

We might be, we might not be. If we have signed this lad, maybe the trio turning up and making firm offers when nobody else had bothered and had just rang his agent means something to him.

We could also be the only PL team to make a valid interest and that swung him wanting to get his feet into the PL.

There are more than facets to consider and wage alone isn't the only swinger.

We've notably picked up talented youngsters ahead of 'bigger clubs'. You think we've simply paid them more to sign, as opposed to them seeing so many talented players waste away in the U23s and get endless loans to Belgium and Holland from the likes of City and Chelsea - whereas we actually bring them through and despite our own struggles on that front, we have a better than average record.

We might be, we might not be. If we have signed this lad, maybe the trio turning up and making firm offers when nobody else had bothered and had just rang his agent means something to him.

We could also be the only PL team to make a valid interest and that swung him wanting to get his feet into the PL.

There are more than facets to consider and wage alone isn't the only swinger.

We've notably picked up talented youngsters ahead of 'bigger clubs'. You think we've simply paid them more to sign, as opposed to them seeing so many talented players waste away in the U23s and get endless loans to Belgium and Holland from the likes of City and Chelsea - whereas we actually bring them through and despite our own struggles on that front, we have a better than average record.
yes , we finished 14th , cant offer Europe . I think we have simply thrown money at him as we did with Ings . Not complaining just stating my opinion

Again we might have, all I'm saying is others could've thrown more, so Purslow being there could've been a tick, maybe we were the first to be so public in our desire for him (all 3 being there) is another tick and the fact he feels wanted is a tick, along with Purslow wibbling 'who else' we would like to target.

As opposed to a club simply emailing his agent and sounding out what he'd want. Small touches make a difference. We'll never really know, but that's no reason to assume the trip didn't help grease the wheels.

Again we might have, all I'm saying is others could've thrown more, so Purslow being there could've been a tick, maybe we were the first to be so public in our desire for him (all 3 being there) is another tick and the fact he feels wanted is a tick, along with Purslow wibbling 'who else' we would like to target.

As opposed to a club simply emailing his agent and sounding out what he'd want. Small touches make a difference. We'll never really know, but that's no reason to assume the trip didn't help grease the wheels.
agree. it may also have had a jolly element too , or at least you'd like to think so ;)