The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

His decision making and footballing IQ seems to be his worst attributes, is this really down to fitness? Time after time he is taking the wrong option.

I think they can work on that though, look at Cash he was often taking the wrong option and firing horrendous crosses to the opposite corner flag. When Bailey does produce some end product it is pretty good. His cross opened up West Ham the other week.

He's going nowhere so I'd prefer to move on Bert, AEG, and Trez. We should give him until Christmas. He's had poor luck, a change in management, and its a completely new league and country. I am not blind, it certainly isn't going well and we'd have been better served keeping AEG without buying Bert and Bailey for nearly 50M. However, Bailey has something, whether that can be worked on and improved remains the question.

I just can't work out how he started so brightly and then becomes this?

FWIW - me on August 8th:

"Got my doubts on this one - it's going be about mentality rather than physical ability IMO although he's far from certain to stack up speedwise against PL players but time will tell.

This one kinda needs to work though as we've still got no real threat out wide so there's pain here IMO if it doesn't."

I don't understand why he seems to fall over whenever he's in a good position in and around the box.

The only time he didn't fall over near the box he missed an open goal. I think if he'd fallen as he hit the ball he'd have probably scuffed it in. To quote Andy Townsend "if anything he hit it too well"

The only time he didn't fall over near the box he missed an open goal. I think if he'd fallen as he hit the ball he'd have probably scuffed it in. To quote Andy Townsend "if anything he hit it too well"
From recollection he did fall as he was hitting the ball