The Leon Bailey Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Leon Bailey Thread

What, like this, do you mean when you were talking about Marvelous Nakamba only last week:rotfl:

"Because he has a habit of making passes like he's wearing flip flops."
His passing is poor. I didn't call him a "fraudster" or say he'd been "holding the whole team back for two years". Criticism versus assassination.

Lads, take a breath. We lost, people are annoyed.

We don't call out on here - debate the point only please.

His decision making and footballing IQ seems to be his worst attributes, is this really down to fitness? Time after time he is taking the wrong option.

I thought his shot where he actually worked the keeper pretty well in the first half when we were all at sea was a decent attempt.

It was a great effort, but the only thing I remember him doing.

I really want him to succeed, but right now he looks like a waste of money. He does have ability but without a brain, and his fitness is a concern.

If he's not fit right now, then why is he playing?

I dont rate El Ghazi to the standard of top half material but at the same time we know what we get with him. He's proven his worth. In hindsight I'd have sacked that money we spent on Bailey and used it in other areas. El Ghazi would do just as much as him if not more for a fraction of the cost.

Why we spent £30m on him is beyond me when everyone knew there were other positions we needed strengthening.
Quite simple why we bought him - it was a panic buy once we knew Grealish was off

We haven't seen the best of him due to injury, and now Gerrard has come in he doesn't seem to like natural wingers so he seems a little out of place now to be honest

One of the 3 we bought to replace Grealish and there were plenty on here saying it made us a stronger team :rotfl::rotfl:

None of them can even hold a regular starting place never mind all 3 .

Just a panic buy

Ha. Literally just thinking about how some were saying we were better off this season without Jack.

We aren't, we were never going to be. Last summer was a cluster. To be fair I still think they thought Jack was staying until after Southgate and his England buddies got into him at the Euros. Then it was just a complete panic and quite amateur.

3 players to replace 1. Oh do fuck off. You might think you pull the wool over the modern fan boys with that shit but you don't over many older fans.

I think Ings was the panic buy. They wanted a premier league "name" player announced on the day Grealish left. I think it was a Purslow initiated signing as there's zero chance that Smith would sign another 30m striker when we all know he loves Watkins like a son.

On Bailey's been disappointing, as have many others. He's not been fully fit at any point though and he's only 24 years old. He's started less than 10 games and he's apparently the worst signing in the near 150 year history of the club according to the usual hysterical types on here. All I'll say on that is not whilst Joleon Lescott and Stanley Victor Collymore exist is any current player our worst ever signing.

I think Ings was the panic buy. They wanted a premier league "name" player announced on the day Grealish left. I think it was a Purslow initiated signing as there's zero chance that Smith would sign another 30m striker when we all know he loves Watkins like a son.

On Bailey's been disappointing, as have many others. He's not been fully fit at any point though and he's only 24 years old. He's started less than 10 games and he's apparently the worst signing in the near 150 year history of the club according to the usual hysterical types on here. All I'll say on that is not whilst Joleon Lescott and Stanley Victor Collymore exist is any current player our worst ever signing.

There are SEVERAL others you could list off along with those two.