Scary times | Page 10 | Vital Football

Scary times

Khersun has fallen to the Russians. Conditions inside the city sound extremely difficult.

Another Kherson resident tells Today he has opened a volunteer centre to help people with food, water and medicine as the city falls under Russian control.
Speaking on the BBC Today programme, he says food supplies are insufficient and there are many wounded civilians who need to be taken out of the city for treatment.
He says the Russians are "not allowing the Red Cross to bring medicine and ambulances to help people".
"I have already had this experience in Donetsk in 2014 and I came here to Kherson," he adds.

Their immediate future looks very bleak...

If you want to help then this thread here is probably a good place to look

So far up Putins arse you can only see Corbyns shoes!
This is what his mate does to protestors in Russia.

Last edited:
To be honest this is not good for my mental health. Just seen Putin & Lavrov on the news & I’m seething

I can only see this ending now with Putin hanging off a rope or perhaps even an ice pick - I only hope its sooner rather then later.

So far up Putins arse you can only see Corbyns shoes!
This is what his mate does to protestors in Russia.
I would normally chime in with a sarcastic comment about the likes of him, McDonnell and Abbott about now; but they are so far beneath contempt, and what we are seeing in Ukraine is so sobering I won't lower myself at this time. People don't forget though.

I would normally chime in with a sarcastic comment about the likes of him, McDonnell and Abbott about now; but they are so far beneath contempt, and what we are seeing in Ukraine is so sobering I won't lower myself at this time. People don't forget though.

Same can be said for Trump and some of the brain dead morons in the GOP and Fox etc. in the US.

I see the Ukrainian PM getting frustrated at the west not putting a no-fly zone over the country and understood the reasoning behind it.. but no with Putin saying the sanctions are declaring war.. should we place a no fly zone over or is Putin saying it for effect?

I see the Ukrainian PM getting frustrated at the west not putting a no-fly zone over the country and understood the reasoning behind it.. but no with Putin saying the sanctions are declaring war.. should we place a no fly zone over or is Putin saying it for effect?

I think it will cause more trouble best thing to do is sanction the bastards back 100 years cut them off. If he attacks a Nato country which I think will be his final act of desperation it might get a little rough. hopefully their will be a coup soon

I agree with bristolimp on this. The sanctions if maintained must really hurt Putin where it matters to him - at home. Calling it an act of war is probably his rhetoric for that home audience (got to blame somebody other than himself) but also an indication imo that they are beginning to bite and he is trying to unsettle Western nerve.

It is interesting that Putin even distinguishes between an act of war (sanctions) and entering the conflict (no fly zone). I would argue that as reckless as Putin is, even he knows can't win a war with NATO (no winners on either side if it escalates to that level) but it will incur massive cost to Russia on many levels - he will not want that, he cannot afford for that to happen.

So I say suffocate them with sanctions on every level - economic, political, international influence and sporting. Make them the modern day South Africa for as long as it takes. Keep the pressure up, it hurts him more than a few thousand expendable conscripts he contemptuously sent to the slaughter in his first wave of attacks.

It's worth remembering this. The UK government didn't sit down with the IRA when they were killing police, soldiers, civilians or even bombed the Tory Party conference hotel. The minute IRA attacked the city of London and threatened other economic targets the UK government stampeded for talks. I think that tells us something very powerful even if it is distasteful.

Same can be said for Trump and some of the brain dead morons in the GOP and Fox etc. in the US.
Are they Putin sympathisers/apologists or blaming Western aggression for making him invade a democratic sovereign neighbour?

Evidence for that? Or did you mean something else entirely?

I agree with bristolimp on this. The sanctions if maintained must really hurt Putin where it matters to him - at home. Calling it an act of war is probably his rhetoric for that home audience (got to blame somebody other than himself) but also an indication imo that they are beginning to bite and he is trying to unsettle Western nerve.

It is interesting that Putin even distinguishes between an act of war (sanctions) and entering the conflict (no fly zone). I would argue that as reckless as Putin is, even he knows can't win a war with NATO (no winners on either side if it escalates to that level) but it will incur massive cost to Russia on many levels - he will not want that, he cannot afford for that to happen.

So I say suffocate them with sanctions on every level - economic, political, international influence and sporting. Make them the modern day South Africa for as long as it takes. Keep the pressure up, it hurts him more than a few thousand expendable conscripts he contemptuously sent to the slaughter in his first wave of attacks.

It's worth remembering this. The UK government didn't sit down with the IRA when they were killing police, soldiers, civilians or even bombed the Tory Party conference hotel. The minute IRA attacked the city of London and threatened other economic targets the UK government stampeded for talks. I think that tells us something very powerful even if it is distasteful.

the combined strength of Nato in a conventional war would win very quickly against Russia. The problem is they would probably press the button before that point.

our best hope is that he bumped off by one of his own.

Perhaps you are getting the issues mixed up. Corbyn blaming the West/NATO for being the cause of Putin's aggression ahead of the invasion did nothing to help and smacks of political grandstanding, at a time when a non partisan approach may have been more tasteful and useful.

That is a separate issue to Corbyn being against the war (who wouldn't be!). If Corbyn is so anti Putin why was he acting as his apologist in the run up to it - apportioning blame elsewhere. In order to push some cheap political sound bytes for his own warped ideology I daresay.

It served no useful purpose and was basically all about Corbyn's personal hatred for the West. Some things should be above ideological political profiteering by individuals and this most certainly falls in that bracket.

Fact - It wasn't NATO that invaded the Ukraine, whose legitimate choice it is to look towards the West and reject Russian authoritarianism for their democratic future if they choose to do so. There is only one problem here and that is Putin's refusal to respect that Ukraine democracy in practice. Corbyn should have called it as it is, if he is such a fierce critic of the man he claims to be. Corbyn can't have it both ways without being criticised for the hypocrite he is.

As previously discussed on this thread, Corbyn et al are strange bed fellows with Farage on this score. It does not reflect well on any of them.