Scary times | Page 12 | Vital Football

Scary times

Just out of interest, and leaving aside the fact adult men have been told to stay in the Ukraine, how does that work? If they are proven murderers, peados and rapists wouldn’t they be in prison? And if not, how would any security check find out if they are?

I’m pretty sure there are criminal records and not all murderers are male and do you stop becoming one of the mentioned when leaving prison?

i think the security concerns are more around agents of hostile nations and terrorists.

Absolutely, but the poster I quoted had said if they want to come let the them.. we cannot apply that attitude realistically.. I’m fully for helping as many as possible and think we need to do more.

Murderers, peados and rapists included?

We should be doing more than we are, but security checks still needed.. but absolutely agree with any genuine none security risk / kids should be fast tracked and welcomed here.
Well, we have exported our own criminals by taking away their British nationality

Well, we have exported our own criminals by taking away their British nationality

technically I think the person you are talking about doesn’t have any nationality as they were stripped of given the nature of their crimes previously committed. i personally don’t have a problem with this and I don’t think they should be allowed back in.

I’m pretty sure there are criminal records and not all murderers are male and do you stop becoming one of the mentioned when leaving prison?

Absolutely, but the poster I quoted had said if they want to come let the them.. we cannot apply that attitude realistically.. I’m fully for helping as many as possible and think we need to do more.

this is where biometric data has really come to the fore

So the US supported by other NATO nations have ruled out supplying the MIG aircraft to the Ukrainians as it may escalate the war and drag NATO into it.

In my simpleton state can somebody explain the subtle or not so subtle difference between 1) Openly supplying Ukraine with drones, munitions, missiles and any other number of armaments and 2) Allowing Ukrainian pilots to pop over the border to Poland and fly some MIGS back to their own country?

I hope it's not a case of we'll be seen to be providing arms but not 'too much', as that could transfer to being seen to implement economic sanctions, but not 'too much'.

So the US supported by other NATO nations have ruled out supplying the MIG aircraft to the Ukrainians as it may escalate the war and drag NATO into it.

In my simpleton state can somebody explain the subtle or not so subtle difference between 1) Openly supplying Ukraine with drones, munitions, missiles and any other number of armaments and 2) Allowing Ukrainian pilots to pop over the border to Poland and fly some MIGS back to their own country?

I hope it's not a case of we'll be seen to be providing arms but not 'too much', as that could transfer to being seen to implement economic sanctions, but not 'too much'.

the way bbc radio 4 explained it was more of logistics and practicalities

with drones and munition they can be collected by the Ukrainians in Poland and used in Ukraine. However with warplanes they need an airbase refuelling rearmament and maintenance etc. Where and who does this? if it’s in Ukraine they would be immediately targeted by the Russians. If it is in Poland or Germany by nature of the activities involved it would be NATO directly involved in the war.

Ok, so those with a criminal record for murder, paedophilia and rape not allowed into the country. Seems eminently reasonable.

In a war context, I imagine that would give the Russians a "legitimate" reason to target the air bases from which they fly ie to stop them flying, a "normal" conflict tactic to maintain air superiority. By implication that would be an attack on Polish/German territory ergo an attack on NATO countries, which brings us into a war

It appears the government are finally spreading the net against the oligarchs. Not a moment too soon but I take it we should be at least recognising that and affording them a little praise after seemingly dragging their heels for too long.

Still work to be done, but a step in the right direction at least.

Roman Abramovich and Oleg Deripaska hit with UK sanctions | Daily Mail Online

Oligarchs' lawyers are set to lose their cash cow clients | Daily Mail Online

Could the government delay have simply been down to sensibly conducting due legal diligence, rather than covering their tracks regarding any murky dealings of their own. Either way, a positive move.

Last edited:
In a war context, I imagine that would give the Russians a "legitimate" reason to target the air bases from which they fly ie to stop them flying, a "normal" conflict tactic to maintain air superiority. By implication that would be an attack on Polish/German territory ergo an attack on NATO countries, which brings us into a war
Can they be put on trailers and dragged by Ukrainians to the nearest Ukrainian airbase?

Chap on local radio this morning can’t yet bring his 82 year old Mother-in-law. She has previously visited so has expired visas. Doesn’t feel like she’s a danger to our society

We are British we ruled the world.
We did it by being efficient.
We are experts in producing paperwork about paperwork and in triplicate.
We do not rush , everything has to be done correctly and take due diligence.
Meanwhile women and children and the elderly are suffering trauma that we can't even imagine. They have had to leave everything behind often their fathers, husbands and brothers as well.
I think there is word called compassion but our government have removed it from the dictionary.