Gorbachev | Page 12 | Vital Football

Gorbachev

Apparently Italy managed to get luxury goods to be exempt from the sanctions
Belgium got diamonds exempted

FFS, what has happened to the world

Yep, and as this was a decision by the EU there are now 27 nations able to trade in luxury goods and diamonds with Putin's Russia instead of simply Italy selling it's luxury goods to the Oligarchs and Belgium buying their diamonds from them.

That's what happens when you are part of a large trading group.

Name some of "the costs and risks" of staying in please ?
Does that include the cost and availability of goods on our supermarket shelves ?

Mostly down to having any extra layers of government above ours (that like our government i dont trust) and all the stuff they say in the state of the union addresses which revolved heavily around greater centralisation of power to the EU from member states. I don't believe a trading block should take millions from member states for the privilege of trading with each other or have any say on any domestic politics.

We've had all these arguments in past threads if you want to get the finer details. But I'm not really interested in diving back into it now.

Yep, and as this was a decision by the EU there are now 27 nations able to trade in luxury goods and diamonds with Putin's Russia instead of simply Italy selling it's luxury goods to the Oligarchs and Belgium buying their diamonds from them.

That's what happens when you are part of a large trading group.
A large trading group probably has some upsides
Tariff free trading in a customs union, for example
There are downsides of course, which I accept.

I do wonder about the benefits of the Trans Pacific Partnership. Especially as it expands to be a federal group, still that's in the long term. Viking says this should not be a problem.
Just having a josh. 😀

So you don't see the fact that more recruitment was required to handle the new paperwork/bureaucracy as a result of leaving doesn't completely contradict - and show to be untruthful - the stance of the (lying) Leave campaign that no more paperwork/bureaucracy would be created?

Sorry, but with such a refusal to accept basic facts, I've really no come back.

People filling in paper work isn't anything like the same type of bureaucracy of
having any extra layer of government above ours.

Now let's call it a day. I'm sure there are better things we could all be doing on a Friday night than rehashing the debate of the last 5 years. Agree to disagree.

Imagine if Ukraine had been given the state of the art military helicopters the Taliban were left with.

weren't those helicopters left totally stripped and inoperable and will never fly again, even the ones that they captured from the Afghani government have not been fit for use.

You used to be a "Jolly Jock". Now, you're more like a "Trod in a Jobby Jock".

I think I got it wrong...u shouldn't be an MP, u shud be a TV interviewer dealing solely on questioning MP's, you'd never give up until u got the answer to the question 😉...the programme may run over it's schedule but we'd eventually get an MP to answer the bloody question 😉

weren't those helicopters left totally stripped and inoperable and will never fly again, even the ones that they captured from the Afghani government have not been fit for use.

There was a huge amount if hardware left, a lot was disabled but if I remember correctly there was still near 50 aircraft that weren't decommissioned. There was one helicopter they were flying around with the Taliban flag and filming for propaganda purposes so they certainly ended up with some operational equipment.

Reports say China has been in to take some of the helicopters.

No they were not - totally usable and in battle ready mode - as where the armoured humvees and apcs plenty of BBC clips available if you'd care to look 😁
All the taliban need to do is learn how to use them

Also in terms of the current crisis the important body is NATO (which FYI we are a member of 😉)
The EU is (as usual) an irrelevant talking shop - Germany and Italy have sold their souls to the "energy" devil and all of Europe (including UK) will suffer as a result when they finally are dragged into doing the right thing here - like rats in a sack these EU types when the chips are down.

Also in terms of the current crisis the important body is NATO (which FYI we are a member of 😉)
The EU is (as usual) an irrelevant talking shop - Germany and Italy have sold their souls to the "energy" devil and all of Europe (including UK) will suffer as a result when they finally are dragged into doing the right thing here - like rats in a sack these EU types when the chips are down.
Is that blatant racism, right there?

Would any of us like to be generalised as "British types"? ... and more to the point, would we all be happy to be thought of exactly the same by some Jonny Foreigner?

Is that blatant racism, right there?

Would any of us like to be generalised as "British types"? ... and more to the point, would we all be happy to be thought of exactly the same by some Jonny Foreigner?
No it isn't- don't be pathetic pal - the EU is not a race 🙈
Not sure if you've been prescribed some new medication this week but you are behaving like the old MP sketch
"Are you here for the 5 min arguement or the full half hour" ?
Come on - you are (grudgingly) usually better than this.
And for the record I would have no issue at all being called a "British type" - would take it as a compliment 😁

No it isn't- don't be pathetic pal - the EU is not a race 🙈
Not sure if you've been prescribed some new medication this week but you are behaving like the old MP sketch
"Are you here for the 5 min arguement or the full half hour" ?
Come on - you are (grudgingly) usually better than this.
And for the record I would have no issue at all being called a "British type" - would take it as a compliment 😁
The EU is made up of a number of countries ..... so how on earth do you manage to categorise them all together as a "type"? If not racism, it's certainly lazy writing.

Nowt up wi' me ........ and I'd be horrified to be classed as a "British type", considering some of the personality types I assume I'd be being lumped in with .... just as they might with me, before anyone fires back.

The EU is made up of a number of countries ..... so how on earth do you manage to categorise them all together as a "type"? If not racism, it's certainly lazy writing.

Nowt up wi' me ........ and I'd be horrified to be classed as a "British type", considering some of the personality types I assume I'd be being lumped in with .... just as they might with me, before anyone fires back.
If you are horrified to be classed as a British type then I honestly feel sorry for you.
The EU ref was around that cluster of 27 countries being unable to agree a solid position due to when the chips are down they revert to looking after themselves first and foremost decimating the fabled EU "togetherness" bullshit - hence rats in a sack.
Germany and Italy have sold out their energy requirements to Russia hence they are blocking the rest - not difficult to understand!

Quite amazing that you characterise EU countries as looking after themselves first, yet it's us who came up with "Brexit". Yep, could be unwitting racism.

Quite amazing that you characterise EU countries as looking after themselves first, yet it's us who came up with "Brexit". Yep, could be unwitting racism.
You miss the fundamental difference of looking after yourself genuinely on your own as the UK has done by leaving or you remain in the wider association, claim togetherness when it suits then do your own self interest thing when the chips are down - a cabal of hypocrisy.
Also stop trying to introduce a racism slant where none exists - it's piss poor