Gorbachev | Page 13 | Vital Football

Gorbachev

Also stop trying to introduce a racism slant where none exists - it's piss poor

Sorry mate, and I'm genuinely surprised at you, but I'm not the one characterising the people of the EU (or at least, 2 countries specifically) like a comedian from the 1970s.

As an aged joke, it maybe still works, just about. As a serious comment, that's what's piss poor.

Sorry mate, and I'm genuinely surprised at you, but I'm not the one characterising the people of the EU (or at least, 2 countries specifically) like a comedian from the 1970s.

As an aged joke, it maybe still works, just about. As a serious comment, that's what's piss poor.
You are so so so wrong here - you know it, read my post properly.
I understand you can't abide being wrong.
It's today's classic defence - lost an arguement call racism even where clearly none exists.
Stating that Italy and Germany over energy and Belgium over diamonds FFS can dilute ith EU response is factual end of.
You don't like it tough - truth hurts sometimes and exposes your beloved EU for what it really is when it all boils down to it.
A cabal of hypocrites with their own self interest first and foremost.
You keep your view and I will keep mine no point debating with you given your false accusations.
Time will tell !

And correct and very not racist - again and again the EU is not (yet) a race - you are incorrect and incorrigible.
These Germans. These Italians. These French. These etc ......... These German and Italians and French and etc.

I really can't see the difference.

Quite amazing that you characterise EU countries as looking after themselves first, yet it's us who came up with "Brexit". Yep, could be unwitting racism.

We know your super passionate about the EU and all things Brexit but it's clouding your judgement on this one badly. Hampton hasnt mentioned race, it's out of order acusing him of racism. It's so out of character for you, you're miles better than that.

Think you owe him an apology.

Excuse me for being thick but how is the above quote racist????
If I can't see how it is, does that then make me racist for not seeing it????
As Hampton says, maybe racism is the wrong word. My point was that characterising the whole of a number of nations (together) as if they were a single entity, classifying then as a "type" can obviously be seen to be prejudicial to some degree.

As for your final sentence, no, that would be silly.

Hampton hasnt mentioned race, it's out of order acusing Hampton of racism. Very out of character for you. Think you owe him an apology.
Firstly KDZ, I said it was unwitting. Secondly, I've explained what I meant. Whether a race or not, you can't label someone an EU type in a derogatory sense (cos that's definitely how Hampton meant it) without being disrespectful to a significant proportion of those who you're labelling.

These Germans. These Italians. These French. These etc ......... These German and Italians and French and etc.

I really can't see the difference.
Again read my post - I stated Germany, Italy and Belgium not "these" anything ref a specific country.
Stop pin head dancing and accept you are wrong.
The self interested positions of these 3 countries has diluted the response of the EU collective - fact
As for EU types I was referring (and you know it) to the goverments and their representatives playing games in Brussels.

Excuse me for being thick but how is the above quote racist????
If I can't see how it is, does that then make me racist for not seeing it????

I think Moonay is upset over the word "types", because if you remove that word the sentence makes perfect sense. I think he is being incredibly pedantic and sensitive over this. In my opinion there is no racist slur involved.

As Hampton says, maybe racism is the wrong word. My point was that characterising the whole of a number of nations (together) as if they were a single entity, classifying then as a "type" can obviously be seen to be prejudicial to some degree.

As for your final sentence, no, that would be silly.

Excuse me for interjecting, but don't the EU see themselves as a single entity.

Firstly KDZ, I said it was unwitting. Secondly, I've explained what I meant. Whether a race or not, you can't label someone an EU type in a derogatory sense (cos that's definitely how Hampton meant it) without being disrespectful to a significant proportion of those who you're labelling.

Putting a qualifier in front of it doesn't change the fact it's an unfounded accusation of racism.

You're way off on this.

They do - however that in no way makes them a race.
They do - until the chips are down then look after themselves and the single entity illusion conveniently disappears.
The hypocrisy of this behaviour was exactly my point TB - the actions of Germany, Italy and Belgium demonstrate and confirm this completely.

They do - however that in no way makes them a race.
They do - until the chips are down then look after themselves and the single entity illusion conveniently disappears.
The hypocrisy of this behaviour was exactly my point TB - the actions of Germany, Italy and Belgium demonstrate and confirm this completely.

Which is the reason I am happy to have left the EU. It is almost impossible to get 27 sovereign nations to agree on anything as self interest for their own economies and people is bound to hamper agreement, as we are seeing with the latest sanctions and the debate over SWIFT. It is much simpler for countries to make their own independent decisions over such matters.

I had no problem with the EU when it was simply a trading group it is the push by some countries to federalise the group that made my mind up that we should not be part of it.

Again read my post - I stated Germany, Italy and Belgium not "these" anything ref a specific country.
Stop pin head dancing and accept you are wrong.
The self interested positions of these 3 countries has diluted the response of the EU collective - fact
As for EU types I was referring (and you know it) to the goverments and their representatives playing games in Brussels.

Hampton, I've already quoted what you wrote. It was "like rats in a sack these EU types when the chips are down." So, you did indeed use "these", in reference to a group of countries ... with no specific reference merely to their governments.

However, I apologise for suggesting that you may have used racist language, but I still think your generalist characterisation was wrong.

TB - the countries may well be, but the people aren't. Did you regard yourself to be an "EU type" back when we were still in the EU?

Hampton, I've already quoted what you wrote. It was "like rats in a sack these EU types when the chips are down." So, you did indeed use "these", in reference to a group of countries ... with no specific reference merely to their governments.

However, I apologise for suggesting that you may have used racist language, but I still think your generalist characterisation was wrong.

TB - the countries may well be, but the people aren't. Did you regard yourself to be an "EU type" back when we were still in the EU?

I think you are looking at his from a very narrow viewpoint. I was an EU citizen whilst we were n the EU, but I was also a British citizen. I agree that the use of the word "type" is possibly out of context but I think your over reaction to this is plain to see, and I believe I am not alone in seeing this.

My reason for getting involved in this was that you argued that Hampton had grouped the countries together as one entity, which is what the EU see themselves as, therefore I do not see where any wrong has been done.

Are they not considered a single entity when negotiating treaties etc. ?