The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Undoubtedly, it would also help cross promote in the US directly with friendlies and loans and if we followed City's plan, as ruthless as this sounds, we've ready made FFP profit.

Perhaps Itś all part of the plan to build a global network of professorial clubs?

Also.............

Bob Williams
@WilliamsBob75

·
3h

Of note, Edens is co-founder of Fortress Investment Group, which owns the Brightline high-speed rail line, which is planning to construct a route from Southern California to Las Vegas.
Perhaps he can build a fast line from villa park to brum central whilst he’s at it as it sounds even worse now than when I went to villa park last in 2006

When I finally can get back to Vegas it will be brilliant fun to convert my Vegas local friends to support both teams.

Chants of VILLA, VILLA up and down the strip is mind-blowing for me!
Rather than the sound of cards being tapped together by the homeless for the sale of ladies of the night on every street. 😇

These guys might be billionaires, but building a club from scratch isn't cheap especially when a stadium is required. Plus this is in their backyard so will it interest them more than the bottomless pit that is Aston Villa with nothing to show in terms of trophies and the gap to the top getting wider in the PL.

Undoubtedly, it would also help cross promote in the US directly with friendlies and loans and if we followed City's plan, as ruthless as this sounds, we've ready made FFP profit.

Agree that's the way it's all going. The people we have in charge now meaning the owners & Purslow are very clever, well connected and wealthy people. I am not sure about them as people, don't know them, but as you say these types are "ruthless" in their business and imo if we don't succeed with this lot in charge we never will. Outside of the oil money clubs we have it better than anyone as regards to ownership.

Could this turn out to be an opportunity for some of our promising youngsters to actually get some playing time,unlike Barry at Ipswich?
I can see this MLS team being closely linked with Villa in terms of developing a pathway to our 1st team. Almost a feeder club if you like similar to Citeh 's American franchise.

The quality of that league is all over the place - there is a good sprinkling of Championship level players but its mixed in with plenty of league one level players and even league two level. I'd honestly worry about sending young players out there too as the level of distraction is off the charts. Theoretically you send a 19 year old Vegas they can't go to nightclubs anyway but they'll find a way around it.

These guys might be billionaires, but building a club from scratch isn't cheap especially when a stadium is required. Plus this is in their backyard so will it interest them more than the bottomless pit that is Aston Villa with nothing to show in terms of trophies and the gap to the top getting wider in the PL.

Wouldn't have thought so as the revenue return and kudos isn't the same. I can only imagine this would be more Wes' baby as Nassef is more in control of us.

If it's anything like the NFL, they'll get massive subsidies on the stadium anyway.

Could this turn out to be an opportunity for some of our promising youngsters to actually get some playing time,unlike Barry at Ipswich?
I can see this MLS team being closely linked with Villa in terms of developing a pathway to our 1st team. Almost a feeder club if you like similar to Citeh 's American franchise.
Exactly the same model as I see it. The two can compliment one another

Of note, Edens is co-founder of Fortress Investment Group, which owns the Brightline high-speed rail line, which is planning to construct a route from Southern California to Las Vegas.
Brightline is in Florida. It's a new venture, Brightline West, which is aiming at the Las Vegas route. There are apparently funding difficulties. Maybe Wes's pockets are shrinking.