The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

It’s all good news and the ownership is like a dream compared to what’s gone before in my lifetime. From Normansell, Ellis, Lerner, Xia to this. From the depths of Dr Tony’s unpaid tax bill to this. Wes and Nassef aren’t daft, this club has the potential to be worth billions.
Wasn't it Bendall before Ellis

Mmm think he does a bit more than that. Planning permission application within a month, mooting a 50k capacity, sounds interesting. As does moving onto the global development of V Sports, our new company name. Didn’t Dr X try that?
Purslow tweeted yesterday he was onto the local rail companies to discuss the state of the trains to and from B6

It was. Harry Parkes was on the board too I believe. I used to be a frequent customer at his sports shop (Corporation Street if my historical geography memory serves me correctly)
Yes it was just on the corner up by Priory Queens way. It's a sainsburys local now.

Made chairman on the pat matthews buy out in 1968 and deposed in 1975 but as you say he kept coming back.

Didn't try and get involved at Wolves as well ?

He hated the fact that we won the league and the European Cup while he was away from the club and refused to have anything celebrating the achievement when he got back in power. Mind you the first thing he would have done in 1978 would have been to sack Lord Ron so those triumphs may never have happened.

Didn't try and get involved at Wolves as well ?

He hated the fact that we won the league and the European Cup while he was away from the club and refused to have anything celebrating the achievement when he got back in power. Mind you the first thing he would have done in 1978 would have been to sack Lord Ron so those triumphs may never have happened.
Yes ousted wolves chairman I think in 1982 just before coming back to us and failing to invest in a European cup winning team. Lord Ron had done a damning evening Mail article which helped to get rid of Ellis. Great story that, Ron Saunders “sacked” Doug Ellis!

Yes ousted wolves chairman I think in 1982 just before coming back to us and failing to invest in a European cup winning team. Lord Ron had done a damning evening Mail article which helped to get rid of Ellis. Great story that, Ron Saunders “sacked” Doug Ellis!
He was on the board at Small Heath and Derby during his time away, wasn't he?

Anyway, all ancient history and we are very fortunate to have Wes and Nas going forward. It's high time we returned to the pinnacle of the English game and we started seeing Villa shirts in the local sports shops and not Manure, City and Chelsea ones :utv:

The Bendalls were selling to a consortium headed by Harry Parks. Then, when they thought they were due to sign, it was announced a certain Doug Ellis had been sold to (the history was the Bendalls and Ellis didn't like each other so...................... All very confusing) Shame. There you go.

Looks like we have real owners now. Randy was to start with, so sad how that all went wrong, got to hope these guys can see it through and bring us/them success.