#COVID19 | Page 1088 | Vital Football

#COVID19

No, I said I deleted it before I read your reply, not before you replied to my deleted post.

Anyway, what carrier bags are the norm to stand in when in trap 3 chap, is Waitrose OK?

Depends on girth chap, the bigger the girth the better quality carriee bag you can use.

I'm using Kwik Save, Apollyon's on M&S

After five years it is automatic for EU citizens which we aren’t anymore so can’t benefit from. So turning it back to the beginning we have lost an automatic right that we had as EU citizens. What was your question again? What rights have we lost..? Hmm.

After 5 year living (and working (remember)), an EU citizen has the right to permanent residence and the option of holding the permanent residence ‘EU permanent stay – all occupations’, yes.
But you have now changed the original point to suit your claim. We still have the right to live in another EU country, but it isn't and never has been automatic.

Depends on girth chap, the bigger the girth the better quality carriee bag you can use.

I'm using Kwik Save, Apollyon's on M&S

One assumes this must be a self-supporting erection type of bag, and I'm unsure that the inferior materials and construction of a Kwik Save one has these qualities. This has the jeopardy of positive identification of the participant by the shoes one wears.
An M&S one though, is a cracker; it's not just cottaging, it's M&S cottaging.

After 5 year living (and working (remember)), an EU citizen has the right to permanent residence and the option of holding the permanent residence ‘EU permanent stay – all occupations’, yes.
But you have now changed the original point to suit your claim. We still have the right to live in another EU country, but it isn't and never has been automatic.
Haven’t changed a thing. The EU website calls it an automatic right. Countless Brexit websites call it an automatic right and our own Government has called it the same. It’s only you that insists on dancing around terminology to try and prove a point.

You could always just type in rights of EU and non-EU citizens in the EU into the search engine of your choice. I am sure you will find they are exactly the same and that the U.K. has not lost any rights at all.

Or you could carry on with your list of rights we have been given as a result of Brexit…

Haven’t changed a thing. The EU website calls it an automatic right. Countless Brexit websites call it an automatic right and our own Government has called it the same. It’s only you that insists on dancing around terminology to try and prove a point.

You could always just type in rights of EU and non-EU citizens in the EU into the search engine of your choice. I am sure you will find they are exactly the same and that the U.K. has not lost any rights at all.

Or you could carry on with your list of rights we have been given as a result of Brexit…

You can’t live in France if you haven’t got the means. Eu citizen or not.

Yes. From that very link…

For EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, moving to France is easy. It’s no longer a requirement to register as a French resident at your local mairie (town hall) within three months of living in France, as long as you possess a valid EU passport and are either employed, self-employed, a student, a family member of an EU, or unemployed with proof of financial means (if you are under 65, you must have €537 per month if you are single with no children, and €805 if you are a couple with no children; rates increase for each additional number of children. Rates for those over 65 are €805 if you live alone and €1,247 if you are a couple).

Yes. From that very link…

For EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, moving to France is easy. It’s no longer a requirement to register as a French resident at your local mairie (town hall) within three months of living in France, as long as you possess a valid EU passport and are either employed, self-employed, a student, a family member of an EU, or unemployed with proof of financial means (if you are under 65, you must have €537 per month if you are single with no children, and €805 if you are a couple with no children; rates increase for each additional number of children. Rates for those over 65 are €805 if you live alone and €1,247 if you are a couple).
It’s still an automatic right within a defined set of parameters and in compliance with EU rules on employment and residency.

Now, as non-EU citizens post Brexit do we have the same rights or is it different or have we lost the automatic right..?

It was never really what I'd call 'a right'. It was a 'benefit' (for a very small minority) of being a member of a capitalist club into which we paid a lot of money (like any other subscription club)

It genuinely seems to me that the vast majority of the middle class have no intention of ever living in an EU country but blame the poor/working class for 'seemingly' taking away that option. In reality, that option hasn't been taken away, I doubt there's a single middle-class person that couldn't get residency in any EU country; accepted, they may have to fill in a few more online forms and pay a few hundred quid.

It seems as though the middle-class resent the poor (who voted for Brexit) because of this but didn't give a fuck about these people not being able to find a job (and in turn an 'existence') because they're in favour of a capitalist system that allows countries like the UK to be flooded with cheap labour.

The top and bottom is, if you don't give a fuck about them being able to put a roof over their heads and feed their families then they really aren't going to give a fuck whether or not you have an easy option to go and live abroad; most of these people think themselves lucky if they a week in Ingoldmells in the summer

And let's not forget the most important point here. They dress it up as free movement of 'people', which aids in creating the divisions between the classes, when in reality it is the free movement of labour (and capital)

Last edited:
It was never really what I'd call 'a right'. It was a 'benefit' (for a very small minority) of being a member of a capitalist club into which we paid a lot of money (like any other subscription club)

It genuinely seems to me that the vast majority of the middle class have no intention of ever living in an EU country but blame the poor/working class for 'seemingly' taking away that option. In reality, that option hasn't been taken away, I doubt there's a single middle-class person that couldn't get residency in any EU country; accepted, they may have to fill in a few more online forms and pay a few hundred quid.

It seems as though the middle-class resent the poor (who voted for Brexit) because of this but didn't give a fuck about these people not being able to find a job (and in turn an 'existence') because they're in favour of a capitalist system that allows countries like the UK to be flooded with cheap labour.

The top and bottom is, if you don't give a fuck about them being able to put a roof over their heads and feed their families then they really aren't going to give a fuck whether or not you have an easy option to go and live abroad; most of these people think themselves lucky if they a week in Ingoldmells in the summer

And let's not forget the most important point here. They dress it up as free movement of 'people', which aids in creating the divisions between the classes, when in reality it is the free movement of labour (and capital)
Doesn’t change the fact that for EU citizens it was classed as an automatic right. A right that we have lost since Brexit.

Doesn’t change the fact that for EU citizens it was classed as an automatic right. A right that we have lost since Brexit.
You may well be correct but why does it bother you? I bet that you could go and live in an EU country just as you could before Brexit. Do you want to live in the EU? Has Brexit prevented that? Why does the 'automatic' bit make such a big difference?

It’s true, the ease with which Tarquin can study at the University of Salzburg has changed, this is a double whammy, because the cheap au pair that Tarq’s parents used to get for him and his siblings, is now not as cheap and they’ll have to pay more.

If it was so easy and attractive, why did more go and live in Australia than all EU countries combined?
No ‘automatic’ right there.

You may well be correct but why does it bother you? I bet that you could go and live in an EU country just as you could before Brexit. Do you want to live in the EU? Has Brexit prevented that? Why does the 'automatic' bit make such a big difference?
The question was asked as to what rights were lost. I responded with that one.

There’s a huge difference between having an automatic right and not having it. Just look at healthcare…

If it was so easy and attractive, why did more go and live in Australia than all EU countries combined?
No ‘automatic’ right there.
Doesn’t change the fact that we have lost that ‘automatic right’ does it? But you keep deflecting…

It’s still an automatic right within a defined set of parameters and in compliance with EU rules on employment and residency.

Now, as non-EU citizens post Brexit do we have the same rights or is it different or have we lost the automatic right..?

So you concede you need the means, as I stated and you disagreed?