#COVID19 | Page 1089 | Vital Football

#COVID19

How does making it more difficult to live and work in the EU - not impossible, but more difficult - improve the lives of UK citizens?
Because it's a two-way street, so it makes it easier for them at the bottom by not having to compete with an unlimited supply of cheap foreign labour

Doesn’t change the fact that we have lost that ‘automatic right’ does it? But you keep deflecting…

So you have deflected away from arguing that you need the means to live in France, to redefining what ‘automatic’ means.

Because it's a two-way street, so it makes it easier for them at the bottom by not having to compete with an unlimited supply of cheap foreign labour

Which is a benefit of Brexit we are seeing now, wages are increasing for low skilled employees.

But given what Strett has said about living and working in France, couldn't the UK have introduced stricter requirements to live here whilst in the EU?

So which one is correct?
Ya know something duck, I don't know why I got involved. For the most part of my life now I've decided to not let things like this bother me. I don't have a casting vote on Labour/Tory, leave/remain, etc, etc so it basically doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what I, you, Strett, Basha or anyone thinks. Whatever will be will be, we aren't going to change the world on a football forum, are we?

Going to Malta for a few days on Friday to visit my brother , what a pain in the arse sorting out all this covid crap has been though , wish i hadn't bothered , really stressful.

So you concede you need the means, as I stated and you disagreed?
No I have maintained it is an automatic right which the literature confirms. You tried to say that because there were other parameters it wasn’t automatic. But if it makes you feel better…?

So you have deflected away from arguing that you need the means to live in France, to redefining what ‘automatic’ means.
Nope. Keep trying. And maybe read the EU website… If you don’t like the fact that they have defined it as an automatic right then maybe take it up with them…

Sett, if you don't want to work, study or retire in another EU country, what is the reason you want to move there for? ... beg at the city Square? ...

I'm not sure that's true chap - I wouldn't have been able to quote your original post had you deleted it.

So I WILL be drilling that hole, WILL be shoving my pulsing 2-inch through it and young Basha WILL be heading to trap 2 a bit urgent

Well there is definitely at least one child on this fred, we should ask strett if he is ok

191 covid deaths yesterday and going up.
Weekly average is 133 people dying every day.

It's a lot of people, isn't it?

There were 130 victims of IS murderers at the Bataclan theatre.
Right now it is worse than a Bataclan death toll every single day.

A 9/11 death toll every 2.5 weeks.

Yet it barely makes the news. Extraordinary times. Life seems to be becoming cheaper.

191 covid deaths yesterday and going up.
Weekly average is 133 people dying every day.

It's a lot of people, isn't it?

There were 130 victims of IS murderers at the Bataclan theatre.
Right now it is worse than a Bataclan death toll every single day.

A 9/11 death toll every 2.5 weeks.

Yet it barely makes the news. Extraordinary times. Life seems to be becoming cheaper.

That's a very odd way of framing the mortality, but let's go with it.
We need to be 100% clear on this, these people who sadly passed away did not die from Covid, they died with Covid.

Covid was not necessarily the cause of death.

That daily figure quoted is the number of deaths of people who had a positive test result for covid and died within 28 days of the first positive test.

I know, through tragic stories from Mrs Strett that people contract Covid whilst they are in palliative (end of life) care in hospital. I know that people who are in severe RTAs and induced comas, die with covid present in their bodies. These two of many examples form the daily figures.

Is there a more accurate way of presenting these figures? Don't know, but they are damn useful in keeping a scared public on side, when extra measures are deemed necessary by SAGE members with absolutely nothing to lose.

IMO, they should stop reporting it.
Most of the country are as safe as they can be, thanks to the tremendous efforts of all involved with the vaccination program, along with natural immunity and normalised behaviour.

Why not publish the daily mortality figures from dementia or cancer, as we are far more at risk of dying from those. There is a lot of scientific evidence that suggests changing lifestyles will massively reduce individual risk.

It's time the nation's overall health was given as much of a spotlight, but I fear the fallout from this will take much longer and cost much more than a National Insurance increase.

Last edited: