The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 316 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley have failed in an attempt to sign Weston McKennie on loan.

Obviously he's not that desperate for a move.

The one midfielder I'd have loved us to sign is Kamara from Marseille. He'd be a huge upgrade on Nakamba as a defensive midfielder and would allow us to push Luiz and Mcginn slightly further forwards or play with Buendia as an attacking midfielder.

As it is we aren't getting anyone. I think once we've everyone fit we've a strong attack and solid defence but midfield worries me.

The one midfielder I'd have loved us to sign is Kamara from Marseille. He'd be a huge upgrade on Nakamba as a defensive midfielder and would allow us to push Luiz and Mcginn slightly further forwards or play with Buendia as an attacking midfielder.

As it is we aren't getting anyone. I think once we've everyone fit we've a strong attack and solid defence but midfield worries me.

Agree with this. Our midfield does not give me confidence either. I find it strange worrying that we have not strengthened during this window but hey what do I know?

Latest Wolves and Newcastle are after him

I think our pursuit of JWP confirms that we know we need someone but its looking very likely we are going to be patient and sign him next summer.

Especially after Greaseball fucking off. Feels a bit anticlimactic.

Still think we've done decent business, but I do think another big signing in midfield would have pushed us on. Then again, maybe we tried, who knows.

I wouldn't say decent........ half decent at best. Buendia and Ings, yes. Bailey, only time will tell. Young, yeah, ok..... experienced, nice to have him back. Tuenzebe, no-one will convince me paying £5m for a season's loan is good for us. We should of bought a third quality CB.

The fact we've finished in the Black spending wise, tells it's own story. I'm disappointed.

I feel this window has been a wasted opportunity.

I think it has been a decent window with everyone fit and it looks like Young is still able to play more of a part than I expected which is a bonus. My question mark is that Smith said we would've been strengthening with the likes of Buendia regardless of Greasy leaving or not. So have they actually re-invested any of the 100m or just kept it? Hopefully it will be fine this season but if it goes tits up there might be a few more questions raised about this.

I think it has been a decent window with everyone fit and it looks like Young is still able to play more of a part than I expected which is a bonus. My question mark is that Smith said we would've been strengthening with the likes of Buendia regardless of Greasy leaving or not. So have they actually re-invested any of the 100m or just kept it? Hopefully it will be fine this season but if it goes tits up there might be a few more questions raised about this.

I am pretty sure he said they wouldnt have signed Bailey had Grealish stayed. Buendia and JWP I would guess were the targets had Grealish stayed. I think ESR probably came into focus once we knew he was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.