The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 318 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we're done then unless the club comes out with something at midnight or 1am. I'd be surprised if we were in for this Boubacar Kamara lad, a deal like that probably would have been done already IMO. I also highly doubt we'd bring in a 21-year-old to play beside Luiz and McGinn.

Solid if an unspectacular window with the wind well and truly blown out of the sails by one man.

My assumption at this point in time is we are looking to make a profit on Marv. If we brought in another DM we're probably talking about writing his transfer fee off and him leaving for nothing like Conor.

I think because every one knew we had sum money sum of the prices went up could have spent 100 millon on Cantwell and Ward -Prowse who i don't think are worth it and the only way the kids are going to get better is by playing them spent a bit on youth be nice to see it work this time .
spot on , when they were quoting £40 and £50M for those players my instinct was go fuck yourselves

spot on , when they were quoting £40 and £50M for those players my instinct was go fuck yourselves

Then Anguissa goes to Napoli for 540k loan with an option to buy for £13m, I’m sure if we thrown 20m in cash to Fulham they’d of sold and he would be well worth that as well, he doesn’t just sit back he turns counter attacks into attacks.

Personally think we’re healthier financially than last season, more outgoings than incomings and the likes of Chuk, Ramsey and Bidace will need to step up too.

Have I missed any ?

Out
Heaton
Elmo
Guilbert
Taylor
Engels
Hourihane
Grealish
Wesley

In
Young
Tuanzebe
Bailey
Buendia
Ings

I think we'll be doing well to finish 10th based on our business in/ out this window. It has been a very challenging summer to say the least.

Last edited:
If we can establish an upper mid table this year with the loss of Grealish that will be progress for me. The youngsters should be pressing selection by then and we still have money in the bank. Our squad quality has gone up again despite our best player leaving and we are probably one of the youngest in the league though with plenty of PL experience. Now let’s get on with playing.

That’s that then.

Not overly impressed (again). Certainly loads more questions than answers , some self inflicted, others due to the action of others.

If the club see progress as one or two places then they will be happy. As I would be given where we are and what has happened.
Although , I was told we should be pushing higher and into Europe. This squad doesn’t look to me like anything more than 9th/10th or treading water.

Status
Not open for further replies.