The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 127 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a new one, never heard of him, only 18

He's only 18, is a well built lad who plays in midfield.
He seems to relish a tackle.
He has a great engine on him.
He's a full Senegal international.
He has been likened to Sadio Mane in intelligence and quickness of thought, by his international manager, who reckons he has the ability to play anywhere.
He's only been at Metz since mid-September last year.

Not sure if FFP is suspended or what but now is the time to strike for these players as clubs like Metz won't hold out for those prices .
In saying that Purslow has said we have specific targets and I can't see 18-year-olds at the price being one of them but we don't know how much we can spend

There are maybe 8 or 9 18 to 22 year olds, playing around Europe, who would be good additions to the squad, if not the first team in the coming season but, they don't tick all of the clubs criteria. Where they all fall short, is in having premier or championship league experience, so it could take them a full season to adapt to life in Blighty and the pace and physicality of said leagues.

Anyone know what we could spend in the current FFP covid situation ie could we spend 200m this season and nothing next, if we don't get Europe or whatever?
I've never really understood it but I'm sure I read it was suspended or something? @mike_field ?

With all of our promising youngsters I’m not sure we’d go for an expensive 18 year old who would just block off the development of others and would still be a work in progress themselves. There might be a couple of special players around but we already have a young team anyway do I don’t think we’d benefit much from that strategy.

With all of our promising youngsters I’m not sure we’d go for an expensive 18 year old who would just block off the development of others and would still be a work in progress themselves. There might be a couple of special players around but we already have a young team anyway do I don’t think we’d benefit much from that strategy.
Yes, exactly my thinking unless we get him for 10m and we have 100m to spend. that's why I'm asking how much we could spend when all clubs are skint except those willing to spend the owners money

People rate that Ashley Preece for info, he reckons there’s no way we’re spending £100m this summer it’ll be lower.

No idea how he’d know that but I think we’ll still hit around that figure.

People rate that Ashley Preece for info, he reckons there’s no way we’re spending £100m this summer it’ll be lower.

No idea how he’d know that but I think we’ll still hit around that figure.

If we sign 2 or 3 more we won't be far off that figure so I reckon he is wide of the mark.

Anyway we haven't broken the transfer record today.

TRANSFER COMMITTEE OUT.

If we sign 2 or 3 more we won't be far off that figure so I reckon he is wide of the mark.

Anyway we haven't broken the transfer record today.

TRANSFER COMMITTEE OUT.
to be honest we've lost Elmo Taylor Heaton and Barkley from the first-team squad unless we have plans to replace their headcount with 17 year olds we'll be spending a fair it one would assume

I defo think we'll get a backup keeper and LB and possibly cover for Ollie, so possibly another £30-£40 mill? I can't see us making any more massive signings though. I think Beundia might be it in terms of coming straight into the first team.

I defo think we'll get a backup keeper and LB and possibly cover for Ollie, so possibly another £30-£40 mill? I can't see us making any more massive signings though. I think Beundia might be it in terms of coming straight into the first team.

I think Emi B replaces Barkley, we'll get in a backup Keeper on the cheap or free I think and another left-back. Kesler or Freddie might back up cash at right back.
I'm thinking of another CB because Mings isn't getting better shall we say and at the end of the day we are an injury away from only having two cb's, unless of course Engels ever reappears from wherever he's been hiding to the last 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.