The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 125 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the JWP rumours simply come off the back of Jack saying yesterday there are no decent free-kick takers at Villa?
I think so. The original Guardian article is nothing but speculative nonsense

Goes like... we understand Villa want midfielders. JWP is a very good midfielder who scores free kicks.

It's good bait because people absolutely falling for this like crazy.

P.S. Besides fact JWP is main man at Southampton he signed new 5 year deal last season. Did Paul Doyle even bother to check his contract status before writing the lazy puff piece? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Still laughing at the poor Norwich boyos on their forum. You'd think they'd remember the gulf in quality between 1st in the Championship and 17th in the Premier Lge. I understand it though it would be equivalent to us selling Grealish to Leicester.

At the same you can add perspective to that, we finished 27 points above 18th, 19 points above Burnley in 17th. Norwich are not direct competition which is what they keep trying to say. We are head and shoulders exceptionally better than them. We finished closer to Liverpool in 3rd than we did to Burnley who didn't even go down.

I think so. The original Guardian article is nothing but speculative nonsense

Goes like... we understand Villa want midfielders. JWP is a very good midfielder who scores free kicks.

It's good bait because people absolutely falling for this like crazy.

P.S. Besides fact JWP is main man at Southampton he signed new 5 year deal last season. Did Paul Doyle even bother to check his contract status before writing the lazy puff piece? I doubt it.
and Southampton don't have a pot to piss in

I never really rated Ward Prowse but I watched him more closely today following the rumours and he was excellent.

I don’t think Southampton are as such pushovers like Norwich and he came through their academy so would probably wouldn’t be as desperate to leave either. Although my opinion of him has improved after watching him more closely first hand I don’t think he would be worth whatever silly money would tempt Southampton to sell.

Still laughing at the poor Norwich boyos on their forum. You'd think they'd remember the gulf in quality between 1st in the Championship and 17th in the Premier Lge. I understand it though it would be equivalent to us selling Grealish to Leicester.

At the same you can add perspective to that, we finished 27 points above 18th, 19 points above Burnley in 17th. Norwich are not direct competition which is what they keep trying to say. We are head and shoulders exceptionally better than them. We finished closer to Liverpool in 3rd than we did to Burnley who didn't even go down.

I want to see us hammer them like we did last time they were up and hope Buendia gets a brace if not a hat-trick.

After Norwich and Arsenal, I think we should piss Spurs fans off and put in a 2mill bid for Harry Kane and offer Keinan as well.

In fairness to Norwich, if you take last season as an anomaly (it wasn't), for the last ten years we have been either in the Championship or battling relegation. They see us as a bottom of the PL/top of the Championship type of side (we aren't) just like our stripey neighbours.

Fans of other clubs don't know it yet but THE VILLA ARE BACK, BABY!

In fairness to Norwich, if you take last season as an anomaly (it wasn't), for the last ten years we have been either in the Championship or battling relegation. They see us as a bottom of the PL/top of the Championship type of side (we aren't) just like our stripey neighbours.

Fans of other clubs don't know it yet but THE VILLA ARE BACK, BABY!
Probably right there the Millenials don't remember us as anything else and they dominate the social media muppets who see us as a lesser club than Chelsea or Man City.

Apparently we’re after a lad called Morgan Sanson for 14m, according to reports Wolves had a 40m odd bid rejected a couple of seasons ago.

Might be worth a punt, could take a bit of time to adjust to the Premier League though, heard he’s currently injured, any thoughts on the guy ?

Let’s be honest he’s basically a new signing 😂

Apparently we’re after a lad called Morgan Sanson for 14m, according to reports Wolves had a 40m odd bid rejected a couple of seasons ago.

Might be worth a punt, could take a bit of time to adjust to the Premier League though, heard he’s currently injured, any thoughts on the guy ?

Let’s be honest he’s basically a new signing 😂

It’ll be interesting to see if he is as good as thought by some, as we’ve certainly not seen him at his best yet. If he is a Mcginn like no.8 then we could be in business.

I never really rated Ward Prowse but I watched him more closely today following the rumours and he was excellent.

:stupid:

Same here. I thought he was just another Hourihane (who I've always liked by the way), but saw him as a bit of a sideways step.

But last night he changed my mind. He was snappy, got stuck in, played the ball quickly and obviously great from set pieces.

Actually amazed he didn't get the last space in the squad, especially with TAA out.

Not quite sure where he'd fit for villa though.... I guess he'd be in direct competition with Mcginn.... But aren't Sanson and Ramsay also in that bracket?

It’ll be interesting to see if he is as good as thought by some, as we’ve certainly not seen him at his best yet. If he is a Mcginn like no.8 then we could be in business.

He called himself a warrior but fell over way too many times, 3 yellow cards within 300 minutes of game time, although we did see glimpses of brilliance and taking players on and actually getting past them, apparently covered 2-3 times the amount of ground as McGinn in France, it’ll be interesting to see how he adapts, luckily we don’t actually need Sanson, so there’s not really any pressure to perform, plenty of time to adapt and keep training with the lads when he’s fit, most journalists probably have forgotten we’ve signed him, and probably look at him as a backup now because he hasn’t done anything.

Let’s hope we give him the time and we might have a player who performs at a higher level than McGinn or at least pushes him, that was the theory and some were saying he looks better with the limited game time, who knows if we do go to a 4,3,3 he might be able to play in the same side when we play high pressing, him and McGinn chasing everyone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.