The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why we're 'supposed' to be after Wood of Burnley! Has he recently had a claret and blue tattoo or something???

The guy is 29, so not the type of model we're interested in. Looking at it from his point of view, why would he want to come to Villa to be understudy to Watkins?.... unless we'll be tripling his wages.

Unless DS changes his style and plays 4-1-3-2 so he has two up front, I'll be amazed if we get any new striker in.

back 4 & keeper +
Grealish, Emi2 and Watkins -

doesn't that leave ~ half a dozen for 3 places ?

before we strengthen further

It’ll be interesting to see if he is as good as thought by some, as we’ve certainly not seen him at his best yet. If he is a Mcginn like no.8 then we could be in business.
Sanson looks to be what was once called, back in the 80s a "midfielder". Probably able to play anywhere in central midfield. Be excited to see him fit and with a full pre-season under his belt.

:stupid:

Same here. I thought he was just another Hourihane (who I've always liked by the way), but saw him as a bit of a sideways step.

But last night he changed my mind. He was snappy, got stuck in, played the ball quickly and obviously great from set pieces.

Actually amazed he didn't get the last space in the squad, especially with TAA out.

Not quite sure where he'd fit for villa though.... I guess he'd be in direct competition with Mcginn.... But aren't Sanson and Ramsay also in that bracket?

There's no reason why JWP couldn't sit deep in front of the backline with Sanson and McGinn in front or even Luiz w/ Sanson while Jack and Buendia operate on the wings.

If we did sign JWP, Deano has a lot of options and I dont know how he'll keep them all happy. Especially if he decided to play JWP at DM and Luiz in CM. JWP has the discipline to be a DM but also the tenacity to be a #8.

I feel he'll play narrower with Grealish and Buendia tucked in and close to Watkins. All our width will come from Targett and Cash and our midfield will replicate the Championship side with two #8s.

There's no reason why JWP couldn't sit deep in front of the backline with Sanson and McGinn in front or even Luiz w/ Sanson while Jack and Buendia operate on the wings.

If we did sign JWP, Deano has a lot of options and I dont know how he'll keep them all happy. Especially if he decided to play JWP at DM and Luiz in CM. JWP has the discipline to be a DM but also the tenacity to be a #8.

I feel he'll play narrower with Grealish and Buendia tucked in and close to Watkins. All our width will come from Targett and Cash and our midfield will replicate the Championship side with two #8s.
Quality players Dean trust gives us options we need at least 18 players who we all argue about every week as to who should be playing.
Not a team that picks itself.
A team where when we are 2-0 up with 10 to play we can bring on Sanson McGinn and sub off Jack or Emi without fear of losing.
We don't have options for suspensions injury or loss of form, change of tactic or anything currently.
We don't even have 18 first team players yet
Bring em on

and that is why he has to play higher up the pitch. He simply isn't a DM
see also the goal at Norwich

He's a good DM against weak midfields where he can more dictate passing - against stronger midfields he's a touch too clumsy in the tackle - but time is on his side to round his game more.

He's a good DM against weak midfields where he can more dictate passing - against stronger midfields he's a touch too clumsy in the tackle - but time is on his side to round his game more.
he seems to have gone into his shell this season. Last season he was very good , i recall being at The Amex when he had a blinding second half and had a great assist for Grealish equaliser , great bit of skill, we've seen none of that this season

he seems to have gone into his shell this season. Last season he was very good , i recall being at The Amex when he had a blinding second half and had a great assist for Grealish equaliser , great bit of skill, we've seen none of that this season

Brilliant first half of year when we were flying, he dipped like everyone else in the New Year - he was more structured for me positionally but it neutered his attack - 2 assists first half of year, final assist end of January.

He focused on the defence role more across the season and we lost something, even though he was great first half of the year.

Brilliant first half of year when we were flying, he dipped like everyone else in the New Year - he was more structured for me positionally but it neutered his attack - 2 assists first half of year, final assist end of January.

He focused on the defence role more across the season and we lost something, even though he was great first half of the year.
he's got too much in his locker to play the DM role. That is more suited to Nakamba who does the job more effectively. Luiz needs to be higher up the pitch in a more offensive role

Strangely, break the season into quarters and the points gained are very similar - this could be because we played a few games out of sequence, but couldn’t Be arsed to work that out 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.