The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 129 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pele is still alive.
Saw him in person a couple of years ago. Looked tired and old. He was making a public appearance at a convention I was attending. Almost felt sorry for him as his "handlers" shunted him around the place. All I could think was that he should be in a rocking chair enjoying his twilight years.....

Saw him in person a couple of years ago. Looked tired and old. He was making a public appearance at a convention I was attending. Almost felt sorry for him as his "handlers" shunted him around the place. All I could think was that he should be in a rocking chair enjoying his twilight years.....
Still better than king though....

I keep seeing everyone on Twitter picking up the fact that 18 year old Sarr, is liking everything Aston Villa on Instagram, to pictures of Villa Park, the signing of Buendia, he’s following Several players on Aston Villa.

Could mean nothing, or perhaps he’s an excited 18 year old who’s checking out his new club, innocently liking stuff as a normal 18 year old, not even thinking about people would pick up on it or read anything into it.

Who knows, we got Buendia for cheap, this lad could be 15m with a shit load of add on’s and selling fee to make it worth while if he makes it, can’t see us spending 25-30m straight up front though, you’d bring in experience like Anguissa for the middle for the same price, you get these younger lads before they hit that kind of value.

I keep seeing everyone on Twitter picking up the fact that 18 year old Sarr, is liking everything Aston Villa on Instagram, to pictures of Villa Park, the signing of Buendia, he’s following Several players on Aston Villa.

Could mean nothing, or perhaps he’s an excited 18 year old who’s checking out his new club, innocently liking stuff as a normal 18 year old, not even thinking about people would pick up on it or read anything into it.

Who knows, we got Buendia for cheap, this lad could be 15m with a shit load of add on’s and selling fee to make it worth while if he makes it, can’t see us spending 25-30m straight up front though, you’d bring in experience like Anguissa for the middle for the same price, you get these younger lads before they hit that kind of value.
But I wouldn't put anything beyond Villa at the moment

I so If i get this right, I go on Twitter and make up a rumour I'd like to see happen .
An ITK picks up on it and runs with it. In turn, a real Journo picks up on it. The sees it and starts following Aston Villa. Then the clickbait site get hold of it and run with it like it's genuine news .
Just occasionally they get one right.

I keep seeing everyone on Twitter picking up the fact that 18 year old Sarr, is liking everything Aston Villa on Instagram.

Just checked. Can't see him following any Villa related accounts.

He follows some good players though -

Ronaldo
Pogba
Neymar
Mbappe
Messi

and Jessie Lingard! Bizzare.

He also follows a number of clubs. Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Marseille, Lyon. Obviously keeping his options open.

I so If i get this right, I go on Twitter and make up a rumour I'd like to see happen .
An ITK picks up on it and runs with it. In turn, a real Journo picks up on it. The sees it and starts following Aston Villa. Then the clickbait site get hold of it and run with it like it's genuine news .
Just occasionally they get one right.

It’s exactly what happened with Buendia first leak was him starting to follow Villa players on Instagram lol.

Freddie can play LB too.
He's a completely different style of LB, more defensive minded than rampaging down the wing.

To be honest I could play left-back but you really wouldn't want me to.
I don't think we have anyone coming through the u23s so I can see us buying another left-back, as competition/cover for Targett who has improved beyond recognition

It seems that we are being ĺinked with everyone at the moment - perhaps we are the only club with money to spend?
I am looking forward to seeing us linked with Eusebio, Puskas and Lev Yashin 🤣😂

Lev Yashin at the height of his powers was the best all round keeper I've ever seen.
Puskas had one of the quickest brains in football allied to the ability to put the ball where it was needed. In his day it was the old leather lace-up ball, with the pigskin bladder that needed to be inflated. Weighed a bloody ton.
Eusebio got kicked out of the '66 world cup, it was the only way they could stop him. On a par with Pele.
Great memories of times gone by.

The fountain of football knowledge "the Daily Star" recon that City will offer us, Bernado Sliva, to seal the deal for Jack.

I'd rather put in a bid of 50m for him, he's 26 and looks the sort of player we need to take us forwards rapidly

Status
Not open for further replies.