City Ground | Page 33 | Vital Football

City Ground

I can only go on the outline story as it was told to me.

They have plans in place to leverage every Pound they can out of the Ground, and they have the guy in place, David Cooke (Chief Commercial Officer), who has a very good track record in that area.

I would think, that even with the work from home culture growing as it is, that the need for conferencing and training will still be there.

Regarding Hotels in the vicinity; there are four times as many within a mile of our Ground than there are at Elland Road.
Very interesting.

Do we even need a roof?

I was looking at the city ground the other night and the "This is Nottingham" banners and then the 888 and other shitty non personal commerical brands.

Id like to see the entire ground sponsored and covered in local businesses, ones that give Nottingham its identity, freds pie shop and julies pet parlour, things that 30, 000 fans can all identify with on a local level. It would give us things to read at half time if nothing else :) It would make us forward thinking as opposed to continuing down the same corporate thinking ways and we could say "yes, this is Nottingham"

Trawled the building trade press yesterday and it appears that the Buckingham Group have been awarded the contract in advance of planning permission being awarded. They seem to be involved in most of the new stadium work being carried out around the country and really look the business. The problems being overcome in the building of Fulham's new river side stand for instance ( no objections from the environment agency or the local authority of one of the most affluent areas of London) make our effort look a complete piece of piss.

Trawled the building trade press yesterday and it appears that the Buckingham Group have been awarded the contract in advance of planning permission being awarded. They seem to be involved in most of the new stadium work being carried out around the country and really look the business. The problems being overcome in the building of Fulham's new river side stand for instance ( no objections from the environment agency or the local authority of one of the most affluent areas of London) make our effort look a complete piece of piss.

Im sure you're right but london is used to big projects and understands what they bring. Nottm not so much. Would be a perfect time to approve this project so it will be in time to support the covid local economic recovery

Just guessing but could it be that the report is saying completing the Peter Taylor stand would bring it up to 35k. The second part of the project is 3000 seats in Colwick rd second tier.

I must have missed that. What’s the Colwick road thing?

Hang on a mo. Are the club now saying that they hope to get planning permission this year? The last statement from them said a submission would be in by the end of this years first quarter. Another 9 months for RBC to make their minds up then?

I must have missed that. What’s the Colwick road thing?

As well as PT stand being a double decker the plan suggest the colwick Road end will be all double decker. At present it is only half the stand being double decker with that strange sloping roof. Had to be built like that because of planning permission and light to houses behind stand. Assume NFFC have bought most of those houses now.

Hang on a mo. Are the club now saying that they hope to get planning permission this year? The last statement from them said a submission would be in by the end of this years first quarter. Another 9 months for RBC to make their minds up then?

According to NP article, it is still 1st quarter of 2021.

As well as PT stand being a double decker the plan suggest the colwick Road end will be all double decker. At present it is only half the stand being double decker with that strange sloping roof. Had to be built like that because of planning permission and light to houses behind stand. Assume NFFC have bought most of those houses now.

Oh I see, nice one.

Just guessing but could it be that the report is saying completing the Peter Taylor stand would bring it up to 35k. The second part of the project is 3000 seats in Colwick rd second tier.
Sorry but lifting the remaining lower level of the Colwick Road stand would give no where near another 3000 seats.

Hard to decide who is talking the biggest load of shit. The posts reporter or the fans who have left their comments on the subject.

Disappointing that they havn’t been able to find an alternative for the Academy. Going for a new build on present site. Will that be enough for Cat1 status?

Sorry but lifting the remaining lower level of the Colwick Road stand would give no where near another 3000 seats.

That is correct; the upper tier currently holds space for 2579 supporters, which occupies around two thirds of the space available.

Extending the roof to join up with the new stand would create between 1000 and 1200 more seats.

The 35000 figure quoted does not include corporate; the new stand will have a sizeable corporate area and the existing areas in the BC stand and the Trent End will be refurbished to maximise capacity and for use on non match day.

Whether that will be sufficient to get the capacity up to the original target of 38k is another matter.

Disappointing that they havn’t been able to find an alternative for the Academy. Going for a new build on present site. Will that be enough for Cat1 status?

The work at Wilford will be sufficient to qualify for Cat 1; we cannot pick and choose when we apply, there is a given cycle within the process, miss your slot and you wait another three years for the next one.

The work to find a new location is ongoing.

That is correct; the upper tier currently holds space for 2579 supporters, which occupies around two thirds of the space available.

Extending the roof to join up with the new stand would create between 1000 and 1200 more seats.

The 35000 figure quoted does not include corporate; the new stand will have a sizeable corporate area and the existing areas in the BC stand and the Trent End will be refurbished to maximise capacity and for use on non match day.

Whether that will be sufficient to get the capacity up to the original target of 38k is another matter.
If more seats are thought to be required at all, then getting rid of the boxes in either or both of the existing stands and concentrating corporate in the new stand could be the way to go i suppose. I am more concerned at the moment of the increasing possibility of another long delay in doing anything at all.