City Ground | Page 34 | Vital Football

City Ground

You know Im not suprised. I still say this wont happen for another 18 months at the earliest, Thats if EM still owns the club of course. Tho considering a year ago I said it would prob be 3 years at least, its speeding up. At the same time the capacity is dropping faster :)

So. According to the NEP a revised planning application has been submitted to RBC. If thats correct it does not as yet appear to be on the planning portal for public viewing.

So. According to the NEP a revised planning application has been submitted to RBC. If thats correct it does not as yet appear to be on the planning portal for public viewing.
2023 before this thing gets up. Far too long and drawn out, and the ideal time would have been this past 15 months during Covid. The whole project would have done and completed ready for August, but typical Forest once again. Makes you think another site altogether would have been easier, quicker, cheaper and would generate more non football revenue for the club

2023 before this thing gets up. Far too long and drawn out, and the ideal time would have been this past 15 months during Covid. The whole project would have done and completed ready for August, but typical Forest once again. Makes you think another site altogether would have been easier, quicker, cheaper and would generate more non football revenue for the club
Why are you blaming the club?

This shouldn't be a difficult or a time consuming process at all, from first submission to an approval or a flat no. There is likely blame on both sides, but clearly no-one tenacious enough to drive deadlines, demand answers, shorten lead times and drive for quicker answers and solutions.
2019 till half way through 2021. It's a ridiculous amount of time to still be in limbo, and now they are waiting till the end of the summer for an answer? Demand one next week, and get on with it FFS.

Typical public v private sector dynamics at play and drives me mad.

It is a fact; the application has been submitted.

The application for the stand and the apartment's has been separated as it was causing a delay; the application for the stand is a full application which means work will be able to commence immediately after approval.

Apparently the Council approached the Club with recommendations on what to do to get the application approved in the quickest possible timeframe.

The number of apartments is being reduced, and with it the over all height of the block; retail is also now in the planning.

This shouldn't be a difficult or a time consuming process at all, from first submission to an approval or a flat no. There is likely blame on both sides, but clearly no-one tenacious enough to drive deadlines, demand answers, shorten lead times and drive for quicker answers and solutions.
2019 till half way through 2021. It's a ridiculous amount of time to still be in limbo, and now they are waiting till the end of the summer for an answer? Demand one next week, and get on with it FFS.

Typical public v private sector dynamics at play and drives me mad.
Ever tried " demanding " anything of a local authority planning department? Thought not. You dont know what you are talking about

The application for the stand and the apartment's has been separated as it was causing a delay; the application for the stand is a full application which means work will be able to commence immediately after approval.

Apparently the Council approached the Club with recommendations on what to do to get the application approved in the quickest possible timeframe.

The number of apartments is being reduced, and with it the over all height of the block; retail is also now in the planning.
Not doubting any of that but i am just saying that it hasnt appeared yet on the planning application portal.

So the council was proactive? That's good.

dont wanna say I told you so and it was all obvious but I told you so and it was all obvious.

Not sure where all the workers were gonna come from if they were in lockdown the last 18 months anyway? Cos it aint just builders on site on a big project.

Plus we had protests against the proposals, hence the re planning.

I think we can finally start to draw up some timeframes now tho. I imagine all being well I can see this work being done Summer 2022

Does the planning also include levelling off the bridgeford stand and this work being done at the same time as the Main Stand? Or is that another timeframe?

Near enough a complete redesign on the appartments. I wonder if this submission will now get through within a short time frame and a contractor given the go ahead this summer on the stand? Given that much of the work nowadays is done off site.