The Controversial Opinions Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Controversial Opinions Thread

I can’t see that one, even the Tory half of my family could see through JRM and realise he isn’t in the game for their benefit. He is also a banned word on this site, he’s vermin in my eyes.
What politician do you like?
Kier Starmer is the worst of the worst in my eyes. Hypocritical slimeball.
Edit. No sorry corbyn and mckrankie are worse.

I can’t see that one, even the Tory half of my family could see through JRM and realise he isn’t in the game for their benefit. He is also a banned word on this site, he’s vermin in my eyes.
I di read somewhere in the last couple of weeks that he will stand in the next leadership election.

Hackers should be publicly beheaded. Like the ones who are ringing me now telling me my BT contract is about to be terminated and my internet cut off. I am not with BT. 4 calls since 11.00.

Jacob Rees-Mogg will be the next Prime Minister and will be the best PM this century.

I think that would be hilarious. It would be terrible for Britain but it would probably be the most British thing ever, electing a guy who shows obvious disdain for the general public because he has a posh accent and is quite funny.

I think that would be hilarious. It would be terrible for Britain but it would probably be the most British thing ever, electing a guy who shows obvious disdain for the general public because he has a posh accent and is quite funny.
Nobody thought Johnson would get the majority he got at the last Election and who would have thought he would have won all those seats in the north.

Yeah American sports in general are crap.
Baseball - isnt that just rounders?
Basketball - agree with above. No contact nonsense. Isnt it just netball?
Ice hockey - can never see the puck. Just dancing on ice.
American football - start stop start stop. Whats with all the protective gear? Just a poor imitation of Rugby with pads and a helmet and 100 times more rules.

I think there’s a small element of truth in it, but very small, and it’s how you use it. It’s something I say as a bit passing comment “hope I get some good karma coming my way”, when I do something decent. It might be strange as I’m quite a rational and logical person as you can probably tell from my

Only way I can explain is an example, not looking for likes. I signed up for something recently where I dedicate some time to mentoring young adults, a number of hours over two months. A bit of self fulfilment and giving back to the next generation where I had a few similar challenges at the start of my career.

There are perhaps some selfish reasons why I’m doing it too, it’s something to put on a CV. If when I next go to an interview, that stands out as being something that ticks a box with the interviewer as a point of difference or if when my in laws ask me what I’ve been up to and I tell them, and my father in law buys the first round down the pub for once (he’s a bit of a Jonathan Fear type :fish: - remember all that JF?!), then I have a bit of good karma in a tangible form coming my way.

I don’t believe there is some Buddhist god sending me good luck as such, but by leveraging the good stuff that you do, might just pay back in other rewards. That’s not the reason why I do it, even if just by doing it I feel a bit of a better person at the end of and someone values it then that’s good enough for me. If at the end of it, there is something that makes me feel a bit better than normal and I walk into costa with a smile, I might get a free coffee out of it - does that still happen?

In my controversial opinion, this is what happens -

When you do something nice for someone else, you feel good, it's actually encouraged in people suffering from depression, because it has a positive effect on the brain.

When you feel good and positive you're bound to see more positives and attribute good things happening to you to the acts of good you have done and negative things don't seem so bad.

Good things happen and bad things happen, its all just perception.

JRM, Gove, Raab, Davies, Farage, Patel, Cummings, Banks, Johnson, IBS the whole lit should be banned words. Bit difficult with some of them to ban their names unfortunately unless we did ********* and gave clues 😏

Very controversially I also don't like cricket. I tried to get into it for my youngest sake who used to play it. It was extremely difficult to feign interest

Though I have to admit tor a passing crush on Freddie of "League of Their Own" fame too

Basketball is utter shite.

I’ve never liked basketball or really understood it, but the Michael Jordan series on netflix or Prime (or whatever it’s on), made me appreciate it a lot more in terms of the tactics and strategy at play, and how nail biting it can get. Even for non basketball fans, it’s a great watch of a great athlete.

In my controversial opinion, this is what happens -

When you do something nice for someone else, you feel good, it's actually encouraged in people suffering from depression, because it has a positive effect on the brain.

When you feel good and positive you're bound to see more positives and attribute good things happening to you to the acts of good you have done and negative things don't seem so bad.

Good things happen and bad things happen, its all just perception.

:agree: Perception is a huge part in everything.

Completely, there isn’t some god up there giving you good luck, your body is releasing some toxin in your body that makes you feel good, like eating a chocolate.

You then get into probabilities of receiving positivity back, if I am more likely to be smiling because I’ve donated to charity I’m more likely to be encouraging positive vibes from someone else in return.

Wasn’t there an editor of a rival site who claimed you would never get the first round in?

Can Deano that this is in fact true that you never get the first round in, as this is the controversial thread.

Oh, I seem to recall someone join up just to slag me off. That is probably it.

And no, of all the things that could be thrown at me, being tight isn't one of them. Wish I had been more careful to be honest, retirement would be easier now! LOL