The Controversial Opinions Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Controversial Opinions Thread

The downside of IQ tests is that they are great for people with a certain type of brain. Those which are logical and good and turning shapes around to fit into a spot, or whatever else they test. Not so great for creative people or those with big tits who live in Dubai for 6 months of the year making hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from social media posts.
I have a friend who is a member of MENSA and if you met him you would think him a complete fuckin idiot. He has no practical ability, he struggles to hold a conversation on any level, very little empathy and a narrow field of interest.
But as you say brilliant at passing tests of his mental abillities.

I have a friend who is a member of MENSA and if you met him you would think him a complete fuckin idiot. He has no practical ability, he struggles to hold a conversation on any level, very little empathy and a narrow field of interest.
But as you say brilliant at passing tests of his mental abillities.

Yes it's all relative. My Brother in Law is super intelligent and you can ask him about history , politics . theology , anything and he will have in depth knowledge of the subject. Ask him to change a light bulb or work out how to put his car seat down in the back , then he is clueless absolutely clueless.

I think after year 11 all pupils should do a years national service.
That should cut our current snowflake problem that is turning into a pandemic itself.

For career crimals and sick individuals human rights laws for those people should also be ineligible.

There’s a huge controversial point here too. A small percentage of women will whore themselves to men to get up the ladder in many forms - wealth, career, social status.

I think these women are damaging the credibility of the vast majority of women who are campaigning for more equality and fairer career prospects by doing this. Equally, you could argue it takes two to tango and men are abusing their power.

That can go back to human biology though. The tribes chief would have the pick of the younger ladies in the tribe because of his power and ability to protect them.

Success can mean confidence, power, and security.

If a rich guy has a younger partner... eye candy ... (and the other way around these days sex wise) and it suits both, are either whoring or takign advantage or is it just mutually agreeable.

Got an opinion that goes against the grain? Perfect. Chuck it in here. (Keep the racist ones to yourself)

As you can imagine, I have a few.

I'll start with this gem; I think Elon Musk is a clown and his company is dog shit.

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

Musk spends a lot of time on social media, courting his fan boys and stoking up his stock price. He has been in trouble with the SEC on numerous occasions. There are currently calls for him to be investigated for manipulating the price of Bitcoin.

He went on Joe Rogan and half smoked a joint like a 12 year old kid trying weed for the first time.

Far from being the genius inventor he is claimed to be, I think he's a social media/marketing expert and a sham.

His company has been in business since 2003 and has only recently started making money by selling carbon credits.

Every so often Tesla releases novelty items like a flamethrower or tequila to grab a quick million or ten off the fan boys.

The stock price of Tesla is through the roof because of his social media stunts and has nothing to do with business fundamentals despite being in business for almost 20 years.

I agree though I'm not supposed too I don't think. He is a self satisfied, condescending, stuck up, slimey **** who donated to Trump in 2018

I don't believe in karma.

I find it strange how surprised people are by that, and how many people think it's a real thing.

I think there’s a small element of truth in it, but very small, and it’s how you use it. It’s something I say as a bit passing comment “hope I get some good karma coming my way”, when I do something decent. It might be strange as I’m quite a rational and logical person as you can probably tell from my

Only way I can explain is an example, not looking for likes. I signed up for something recently where I dedicate some time to mentoring young adults, a number of hours over two months. A bit of self fulfilment and giving back to the next generation where I had a few similar challenges at the start of my career.

There are perhaps some selfish reasons why I’m doing it too, it’s something to put on a CV. If when I next go to an interview, that stands out as being something that ticks a box with the interviewer as a point of difference or if when my in laws ask me what I’ve been up to and I tell them, and my father in law buys the first round down the pub for once (he’s a bit of a Jonathan Fear type :fish: - remember all that JF?!), then I have a bit of good karma in a tangible form coming my way.

I don’t believe there is some Buddhist god sending me good luck as such, but by leveraging the good stuff that you do, might just pay back in other rewards. That’s not the reason why I do it, even if just by doing it I feel a bit of a better person at the end of and someone values it then that’s good enough for me. If at the end of it, there is something that makes me feel a bit better than normal and I walk into costa with a smile, I might get a free coffee out of it - does that still happen?

I don't remember Dan. No? My memory is pretty patchy at best due to the old brain aches.

I don't remember Dan. No? My memory is pretty patchy at best due to the old brain aches.

Wasn’t there an editor of a rival site who claimed you would never get the first round in?

Can Deano that this is in fact true that you never get the first round in, as this is the controversial thread.

Jacob Rees-Mogg will be the next Prime Minister and will be the best PM this century.

I can’t see that one, even the Tory half of my family could see through JRM and realise he isn’t in the game for their benefit. He is also a banned word on this site, he’s vermin in my eyes.