The Controversial Opinions Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Controversial Opinions Thread

Evil man, that would be a return to Victorian times, workers rights go out the window and yet more cronyism than we get now. Why on earth would anyone vote for a prick like that? Seriously? Be amazing if the working classes backed a man so clearly opposed to them.

https://www.indy100.com/news/jacob-...ister-voting-record-same-sex-marriage-7932801

Freak.

I have always voted Tory. Never seen a Labour party that offered anything. If this man ever became leader of the Tories that would be done with them. I cant imagine even his fellow MPs voting for him.

I have always voted Tory. Never seen a Labour party that offered anything. If this man ever became leader of the Tories that would be done with them. I cant imagine even his fellow MPs voting for him.

He probably wouldn't even vote for himself!

Im not an expert in the royal family.
But now we are on the subject of dodgy deaths....
I wonder how controversially how safe meghan markhel is?

Not to seem like I'm jumping on the bandwagon but another 'controversial' opinion of mine is that I think vaccines should be compulsory, unless people are excluded from having them for other medical reasons like allergies.

I think the official line is that making them compulsory doesn't inspire confidence in vaccines. Well neither does allowing anti-vaxxers to spout consequence-free shite about them!

People seem to think that vaccines are a freedom of choice issue. They aren't. They're a public health issue.

It's interesting that social media has revealed the kooky side of people in public.

The current generation of young people are shocked that people used to post photos of their drunken nights out on social media. They are much more savvy about their use of social media than my generation were when we were in our twenties. I think posting your opinions about stuff on social media is going to go the same way. In the end, it's only going be brands and public figures (or wannabe public figures) that will post anything.

Not to seem like I'm jumping on the bandwagon but another 'controversial' opinion of mine is that I think vaccines should be compulsory, unless people are excluded from having them for other medical reasons like allergies.

I think the official line is that making them compulsory doesn't inspire confidence in vaccines. Well neither does allowing anti-vaxxers to spout consequence-free shite about them!

People seem to think that vaccines are a freedom of choice issue. They aren't. They're a public health issue.

In theory, yes. But in practice, it would be such a slippery road and would also be assault, not sure how one would go about changing that so it was legal.

I would strike them off the doctors and nhs lists though, at least if they get covid, but probably for any visits because they could be carrying it and haven't done their level best to not carry it (be vaccinated).

In theory, yes. But in practice, it would be such a slippery road and would also be assault, not sure how one would go about changing that so it was legal.

I would strike them off the doctors and nhs lists though, at least if they get covid, but probably for any visits because they could be carrying it and haven't done their level best to not carry it (be vaccinated).
Yeah it ought be a trade off. You don't want to be vaccinated? Fine, but you will lose out on certain aspects of health care etc.

The problem with this though is the we're not capable as a nation to track and store this data properly. There will be all sorts of fuck ups.

Before you have the jab you have to fill out two consent forms, one before each jab. If you take consent out of it and somebody had a reaction and possibly died the Government would be in big trouble. You have to give people the choice and if they decide not to have it then explain that there will be consequences. Back in the sixties and into the seventies to go to some countries you had to have certain jabs and you were issued with a certificate for each jab. You were not allowed to travel without them. So if they want to go on holiday they will have to have the jab. The same could apply in this country and when they try to book a holiday, so if they want to book a holiday in say Torquay they would have to show the certificate. It could be extended to Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants. No certificate no entry. Same with football grounds. When you buy your season ticket or even tickets on a match by match you will have to show the certificate.
I am allergic to penicillin and so could only have the Astra Zeneca. If they had told me I could not have had any I would have been prepared to take the chance and have it anyway.
If they want to be part of society they should act responsibly.

I wonder what percentage of the population would actually refuse a vaccine.

There is one of these conspiracy nutters in Ireland who tried to sue the government over there lockdowns in 2020. She claims to have 3m followers online but could only get 100 people to show up to her protest.

Before you have the jab you have to fill out two consent forms, one before each jab. If you take consent out of it and somebody had a reaction and possibly died the Government would be in big trouble. You have to give people the choice and if they decide not to have it then explain that there will be consequences. Back in the sixties and into the seventies to go to some countries you had to have certain jabs and you were issued with a certificate for each jab. You were not allowed to travel without them. So if they want to go on holiday they will have to have the jab. The same could apply in this country and when they try to book a holiday, so if they want to book a holiday in say Torquay they would have to show the certificate. It could be extended to Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants. No certificate no entry. Same with football grounds. When you buy your season ticket or even tickets on a match by match you will have to show the certificate.
I am allergic to penicillin and so could only have the Astra Zeneca. If they had told me I could not have had any I would have been prepared to take the chance and have it anyway.
If they want to be part of society they should act responsibly.

I don't think they were consent forms mate, just forms asking if you had had any symptoms in the last so many days and if you'd ever had a serious reaction to vaccinations etc I certainly never signed anything.

I agree with the rest of it no vaccination no admission to public places, seems fair to me. They can of course still refuse the vaccination if they so wish but not have their cake and eat it

I don't think they were consent forms mate, just forms asking if you had had any symptoms in the last so many days and if you'd ever had a serious reaction to vaccinations etc I certainly never signed anything.

I agree with the rest of it no vaccination no admission to public places, seems fair to me. They can of course still refuse the vaccination if they so wish but not have their cake and eat it
Have just checked my form for the second jab and at the bottom it says" I consent to this vaccine. I remember signing the first one.

It's interesting that social media has revealed the kooky side of people in public.

The current generation of young people are shocked that people used to post photos of their drunken nights out on social media. They are much more savvy about their use of social media than my generation were when we were in our twenties. I think posting your opinions about stuff on social media is going to go the same way. In the end, it's only going be brands and public figures (or wannabe public figures) that will post anything.

Its potentially very dangerous and damaging. I posted and was tagged in things that I wouldn’t want my employer to see. We’ve seen it with footballers on their bebo and MySpace pages, but you’re right there will be a generation of leaders in politics and corporate who’s social media pages - every picture, every page they follow, every like and even the people they are friends with, get interrogated by journalists.

I wonder if Eton schoolboys are educated on social media, to either not have them or make it private?