The Controversial Opinions Thread | Vital Football

The Controversial Opinions Thread

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Got an opinion that goes against the grain? Perfect. Chuck it in here. (Keep the racist ones to yourself)

As you can imagine, I have a few.

I'll start with this gem; I think Elon Musk is a clown and his company is dog shit.

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

Musk spends a lot of time on social media, courting his fan boys and stoking up his stock price. He has been in trouble with the SEC on numerous occasions. There are currently calls for him to be investigated for manipulating the price of Bitcoin.

He went on Joe Rogan and half smoked a joint like a 12 year old kid trying weed for the first time.

Far from being the genius inventor he is claimed to be, I think he's a social media/marketing expert and a sham.

His company has been in business since 2003 and has only recently started making money by selling carbon credits.

Every so often Tesla releases novelty items like a flamethrower or tequila to grab a quick million or ten off the fan boys.

The stock price of Tesla is through the roof because of his social media stunts and has nothing to do with business fundamentals despite being in business for almost 20 years.

Good idea for a thread this BB, I’ll think I’ll enjoy this one.

I don’t know enough about Musk or Tesla to really comment, except my first impression on gut feel is that he’s a twat and a glorified egotistical disruptor. There is a lot of love for him even idolised love, so perhaps I should have a read a bit more about him.

People with an IQ less than 80 shouldn't be allowed to breed. :throw:

It would be fascinating - if you don’t manage get this one through your West Worcs MP in Parliament but good luck - to be able to get more analysis based on IQ of elections, referendums and other such key events or opinion polls. Obviously this would have to based on sample data, but I’m quite happy to be on the losing side of votes if it can be proven I am in the more intelligent box.

I suspect there is around a 5 point swing in average IQ on the Brexit referendum result for example, which is statistically very significant.

The downside of IQ tests is that they are great for people with a certain type of brain. Those which are logical and good and turning shapes around to fit into a spot, or whatever else they test. Not so great for creative people or those with big tits who live in Dubai for 6 months of the year making hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from social media posts.

The downside of IQ tests is that they are great for people with a certain type of brain. Those which are logical and good and turning shapes around to fit into a spot, or whatever else they test. Not so great for creative people or those with big tits who live in Dubai for 6 months of the year making hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from social media posts.

...and whoring themselves out to rich Emirati men.

...and whoring themselves out to rich Emirati men.

There’s a huge controversial point here too. A small percentage of women will whore themselves to men to get up the ladder in many forms - wealth, career, social status.

I think these women are damaging the credibility of the vast majority of women who are campaigning for more equality and fairer career prospects by doing this. Equally, you could argue it takes two to tango and men are abusing their power.

Here's another one; I think alcohol is so ingrained in European culture that most adults are borderline alcoholics.

I know but think about it this way, if you substituted alcohol for any other addictive substance, you'd be shocked that a decent person like yourself used it so much.

Every social function going has alcohol at it. Every single one.

The only place where consumption of alcohol isn't allowed is in the office.

It would be fascinating - if you don’t manage get this one through your West Worcs MP in Parliament but good luck - to be able to get more analysis based on IQ of elections, referendums and other such key events or opinion polls. Obviously this would have to based on sample data, but I’m quite happy to be on the losing side of votes if it can be proven I am in the more intelligent box.

I suspect there is around a 5 point swing in average IQ on the Brexit referendum result for example, which is statistically very significant.
Sorry to dissilusion you re the 5 point swing as a general theory related to IQ.
One way or another I know, live by, mix with a lot of people who are very successful in many fields and are of well above average IQ and the overwhelming majority voted out of the EU.
I think it might have something to do with living down here in Cornwall, it seems to attract rebellious types and non conformists.
There was also the selfish element in the vote with regard to peoples own circumstances.
I dont think many really thought of the good of the country per se, more their own future as a part of it, and where you live and what you do played a major role in a lot of peoples thinking.