The Controversial Opinions Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Controversial Opinions Thread

I've had good and bad experiences over many years, main problems are top-heavy with none medical staff, and not joined up as it should be.
Overall we are better with it than without it especially when you dial 999 and don't get asked if you have insurance

Doesnt; need to go from one extreme to the other, but I'd be dead if I hadn't paid my way out of the shambles.

There are far too many in the NHS who think they are doing us a favour. They aren't, they chose the profession. I remember in The Alex some nurses coming into our ward to see what the commotion was, poor old guy had deficated himself and peed himself, the room stank for all of us, they went back out, finished their lunch then came in to clear the poor old fella up and the way they spoke to him was abysmal.

Just one of sooo many examples.

There are plenty of well-intentioned staff as well, but far too many - especially in management, too feckless to be able to work anywhere else, that goes for a lot of admin and receptionists as well. They'd not be able to talk to people like they do anywhere else (and yes, there are twat patients who should be struck off as well the way they behave)

NHS is a shambles, and that is thanks to the aging population and far too many feckless governments - plus this myth that we have a free nhs.

Doesnt; need to go from one extreme to the other, but I'd be dead if I hadn't paid my way out of the shambles.

There are far too many in the NHS who think they are doing us a favour. They aren't, they chose the profession. I remember in The Alex some nurses coming into our ward to see what the commotion was, poor old guy had deficated himself and peed himself, the room stank for all of us, they went back out, finished their lunch then came in to clear the poor old fella up and the way they spoke to him was abysmal.

Just one of sooo many examples.

There are plenty of well-intentioned staff as well, but far too many - especially in management, too feckless to be able to work anywhere else, that goes for a lot of admin and receptionists as well. They'd not be able to talk to people like they do anywhere else (and yes, there are twat patients who should be struck off as well the way they behave)

NHS is a shambles, and that is thanks to the aging population and far too many feckless governments - plus this myth that we have a free nhs.

I don't disagree mate but there are a fair few of the patients who think they pay the nurses directly and like my Mrs told one of her abusive patients who said to her I pay your wages, to which she replied I pay your benefits.
Another old Asian "gentleman" clicking his fingers to summon her, until she threatened to break them off.
The shit she's taken from patients is nobodies business, you can do without that when you're just trying to do your job. Especially as half the abusive twats have never worked in their lives or paid into it.

Last edited:
Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek , Blakes 7 all rubbish. (Although I have never watched any of them.)

John Lennon's solo stuff , terrible. Imagine is one of the worst songs going.

I don't disagree mate but there are a fair few of the patients who think they pay the nurses directly and like my Mrs told one of her abusive patients who said to her I pay your wages, to which she replied I pay your benefits.
Another old Asian "gentleman" clicking his fingers to summon her, until she threatened to break them off.
The shit she's taken from patients is nobodies business, you can do without that when you're just trying to do your job. Especially as half the abusive twats have never worked in their lives or paid into it.

Yup, said in my post that also.. totally agree, although not sure what the ones nationality has to do with it, plenty of 'our own' who are utter dickfaces as well.

There should be a clampdown, patients who don't turn up should be charged (when you register at a GP's you should have to register a payment card) and so on and so forth.

It is the elephant in the room, no one dares try to admit the country can't afford this, the population is too big, the expectations too big, the organisation is a shambles.

I think it is largely those who haven't had to use the system very much, who thinks we have a wonderful system.

There are areas they excel though, and that is where the focus could be.

We pay a lot less for healthcare than most nations. America pay 2.5 times as much as we do, per person.

It just means a change in priorities, and the NHS could be brilliant.

While we are on the subject of NHS.
1. I have yet to meet a doctors receptionist who isnt a complete psycho bitch.

2. Most GPs ive come across are self hyped, 007 wannabes, arrogant twats. Calm down pal, you only signpost people to the real people that help and most the time you get it wrong.

On the flip side of this.

I have come across my fair share of paramedics in my time. To be fair you could say i have been a drain on resources in my time.

Anyway. I have always been amazed by how brilliant they are.
Or in the times i cant remember, im told by my family how good they were. Lol

I fully understand why our surgery is in Cape Hill and the abuse the receptionists take from certain elements of the community is horrendous. You know the ones that don't work but have a divine right to see a doctor NOW.

There are shits in every walk if life, in every profession from the highest to the lowest paid who do a crap job and don't give a damn.The NHS is no different .

Fortunately the exceptions rather than the rule with the vast majority of staff who go above and beyond their pay and if they didn’t the whole thing will fall apart. As ever it’s those on the ’shop floor’

Yes you could argue it’s a vocation and their choice etc. But behind the scenes the facts and figures are mind bogglingly against any semblance of a service being provided in the first place.

I have come across my fair share of paramedics in my time. To be fair you could say i have been a drain on resources in my time.

They are heroes and very underrated. I can't believe people attack them.

My sister is a senior nurse, responsible for allocating where other nurses are placed in the hospital. She is always telling me stories about how useless many of them are, but then she has some friends who are fantastic, and really dedicated.

I think this is often a case of bad news travelling aster.

Paramedics are brilliant absolutely brilliant I really wish I had done a worthwhile job as these people do.
I had 4 turns up for me plus a trainee when I had Bells Palsy and I thought I'd had a stroke.

On another occasion just after my Mom died, my Mrs made me stop for a man who was collapsed on the footpath, turned out he was pissed but we'd called an ambulance by the time they got there he was up. He only started threatening the paramedics one was a woman too.

I was not in the best of moods as Mom had only died a few days before, how I never punched these currents teeth down his throat I don't know. I told him mate my moms just died and I have stopped to help a piece of scum like you, shut the fuck up and get in the Ambulance before I knock your fing teeth out. Needless to say, he did.

Last edited:

And what they are paid, for what they do, is embarrassing really. Although when mom had a stroke this summer, I did get a bit peed off at the one paramedic spending half the time, I kid you not, talking about Aston Villa with me. I wasn't really wanting to talk about football at that exact time! :hehe:

There are shits in every walk if life, in every profession from the highest to the lowest paid who do a crap job and don't give a damn.The NHS is no different .

But this is meant to be a caring profession, it is literally for some, life and death. Big difference.

The receptionist at my local GP is the rudest bitch you’ve ever met in your life, they all seem rude maybe because they’re dealing with old people hard of hearing but this woman I’m on about is awful. I actually enjoy getting arsey and smarmy back with her she’s such a cow.

Last edited:
The receptionist at my local GP is the rudest bitch you’ve ever met in your life, they all seem rude maybe because they’re dealing with old people hard of hearing but this woman I’m on about is awful. I actually enjoy getting arsey smarmy back with her she’s such a cow.
Nothing to do with old people. I know a doctors receptionist and she said they are told to be a bit obstructive, so that those who are genuinely in need of an appointment will ignore them and insist on being seen.

Nothing to do with old people. I know a doctors receptionist and she said they are told to be a bit obstructive, so that those who are genuinely in need of an appointment will ignore them and insist on being seen.

I get that approach to a degree, they aren’t the Samaritans. The woman on my sample of 1 is just a twat though.

Got an opinion that goes against the grain? Perfect. Chuck it in here. (Keep the racist ones to yourself)

As you can imagine, I have a few.

I'll start with this gem; I think Elon Musk is a clown and his company is dog shit.

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

Musk spends a lot of time on social media, courting his fan boys and stoking up his stock price. He has been in trouble with the SEC on numerous occasions. There are currently calls for him to be investigated for manipulating the price of Bitcoin.

He went on Joe Rogan and half smoked a joint like a 12 year old kid trying weed for the first time.

Far from being the genius inventor he is claimed to be, I think he's a social media/marketing expert and a sham.

His company has been in business since 2003 and has only recently started making money by selling carbon credits.

Every so often Tesla releases novelty items like a flamethrower or tequila to grab a quick million or ten off the fan boys.

The stock price of Tesla is through the roof because of his social media stunts and has nothing to do with business fundamentals despite being in business for almost 20 years.
I'm convinced dogecoin is an elaborate pump and dump scheme.

The receptionist at my local GP is the rudest bitch you’ve ever met in your life, they all seem rude maybe because they’re dealing with old people hard of hearing but this woman I’m on about is awful. I actually enjoy getting arsey and smarmy back with her she’s such a cow.
Our GPs and all that work there are fantastic. The receptionists could not be more friendly and helpful. None of this having to try and book at 8.00am in the morning, When I want an appointment they will book it. If I need to see a Doctor that day they will get me in even if its last minute. We have 3 GPs and I dont mind which one I see. They are not all bad and mine deserve to be named The Crown Medical Practice Tamworth. I have been with them for more than 40 years and I wouldnt swap them.