What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 171 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Lunch poached eggs and avocado on sourdough toast
tonight, new recipe beef in blackbean sauce with red and green peppers served with jasmine sticky rice. Really nice but very hot as it said 1-2 red chillies and went for two. Sprinkled with chopped coriander

Thai chicken soup for me last night, the Mrs wasn't hungry so just had snacks.
Tonight we had fajitas with fake chicken, made far too much filling though. Added some carrot too to make it a bit healthier, and didn't seem out of place.

That's interesting, Mrs S is having lamb shank today with me having a veggie. It's our usual Sunday lockdown roast treat takeaway from the local restaurant

You’ll not be partaking of a chilled Sherry beforehand too will you Stoke?

Not cooking, but coffee. I don't drink coffee during the week, but it is my weekend treat to have "proper" coffee with breakfasts at the weekend. Traditionally I've used a cafetiere, and keep topped up with coffee from Stokes when I go over to Lincoln. But once those visits had to stop I started getting coffee bags from Morrisons, and have to say they make things a bit simpler when wanting to get out with the dog. But I'm about out of them now, and had a look to see if Stokes do an online delivery service. And they do!! They also now do coffee bags of Columbia coffee. This is not as strong as the Brown Java I would normally have, but thought I'd give them a try. So I've ordered some today!! It's a pack of 50, so that should keep me going through lockdown, and to the start of next season, when hopefully I'll be able to get over and watch a few matches again

Not cooking, but coffee. I don't drink coffee during the week, but it is my weekend treat to have "proper" coffee with breakfasts at the weekend. Traditionally I've used a cafetiere, and keep topped up with coffee from Stokes when I go over to Lincoln. But once those visits had to stop I started getting coffee bags from Morrisons, and have to say they make things a bit simpler when wanting to get out with the dog. But I'm about out of them now, and had a look to see if Stokes do an online delivery service. And they do!! They also now do coffee bags of Columbia coffee. This is not as strong as the Brown Java I would normally have, but thought I'd give them a try. So I've ordered some today!! It's a pack of 50, so that should keep me going through lockdown, and to the start of next season, when hopefully I'll be able to get over and watch a few matches again

talking of walking the dog and coffee .. a bohemian cafe , in an old double decker bus , has arrived at our village station . Saturday morning after a morning walk in the fields around the village , a streaky bacon sarnie , smoked bacon of course , and a large coffee . sets the weekend off a treat . proper sorted . Kushti even

Sounds good Stoke. Our local coop does the ready ground Stokes’ Blue Mountain Blend which we quite like and we’ve fairly recently started using a percolator that we use on the gas hob. Mrs E has her eye on one of those fancy coffee machines that grinds and does the frothy milk and everything. I keep trying to put her off but I’ll succumb at some point I’m sure.

talking of walking the dog and coffee .. a bohemian cafe , in an old double decker bus , has arrived at our village station . Saturday morning after a morning walk in the fields around the village , a streaky bacon sarnie , smoked bacon of course , and a large coffee . sets the weekend off a treat . proper sorted . Kushti even

Sounds good, except for the bacon!!